Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
Lunarprancer
JUST BECAUSE IM CONSERVATIVE.....
February 12, 2013 at 9:00 PM

.....doesn't mean I'm Christian, or anti gay, or anything else.  Just saying.  I think it is an unfortunate stereotype.

Replies

• Sekirei
    by Sekirei
    February 12, 2013 at 9:02 PM

one that many conservatives perpetuate.

• Lunarprancer
    February 12, 2013 at 9:07 PM

Yea, true...

Quoting Sekirei:

one that many conservatives perpetuate.

• Friday
    by Friday
    February 12, 2013 at 9:07 PM

Unfortunately too many people seem to like stereotypes, maybe they are easier for simple minds.

I'm a Liberal/Dem but don't care for Obama. Plus I'm a medical mj patient but don't sit around high eating Cheetos all day(I do miss ding-dongs tho ; )

• Veni.Vidi.Vici.
    February 12, 2013 at 9:10 PM

yup

• chloedee
    February 12, 2013 at 9:12 PM

Do you think marriages between same-sex couples should or should not be recognized by the law as valid, with the same rights as traditional marriages?

Not that every Republican is a conservative, but the majority are. It's not hard to see where the anti-gay label comes from when 69% oppose equality for gay couples. 

• Lunarprancer
    February 12, 2013 at 9:13 PM

Lol

Quoting Friday:

Unfortunately too many people seem to like stereotypes, maybe they are easier for simple minds.

I'm a Liberal/Dem but don't care for Obama. Plus I'm a medical mj patient but don't sit around high eating Cheetos all day(I do miss ding-dongs tho ; )

• soonergirl980
    February 12, 2013 at 9:29 PM

I identify as Christin like I believe in God and all that jazz but I'm not a church goer I don't have a lot of faith in the church. I don't care about gay issues as they don't effect me do whatever you want I don't care.

Saying that all conservatives are homophobes is like saying all liberals are smelly hippies.

• toomanypoodles
    February 13, 2013 at 2:40 AM

Why do you think being a Christian is an unfortunate thing?

You don't want to be judged negatively for being a conservative, but you just negatively judged Christians. 

You should be a liberal with that kind of hypocrisy. 

• Clairwil
    February 13, 2013 at 7:18 AM
    Quoting Lunarprancer:

.....doesn't mean I'm Christian, or anti gay, or anything else.  Just saying.  I think it is an unfortunate stereotype.

It would be a stereotype to assume that ALL American political conservatives fit that mould.

But, if you had to guess what percentage of registered Republicans (not the same as conservative, but close and better defined) were the Leviticus sort of Christian, what number would you put on it?  And how do you think that would compare with registered Democrat voters?

• grandmab125
    February 13, 2013 at 7:27 AM

Maybe some other company will be buying the rights to make ding dongs.  Some company is now negotiating to buy up and produce some of the product lines like twinkies.

Quoting Friday:

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN