greenie63
Wife Beating In Islam, No More Than 10 Blows!
February 4, 2013 at 7:19 PM

Maybe one day women will be able to have basic human rights. Do you think it can happen or do you think customs that are older than dirt will continue forever? 

Replies

• TruthSeeker.
    February 5, 2013 at 8:29 PM

Quoting futureshock:

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

I wondering if this is a cultural thing in some areas and it gives people the impression that all women that are Muslim are treated this way?

There are some Christian men that beat their wives in the name of religion. That most certainly doesn't mean that all Christian women are treated poorly.   

Quoting stacymomof2:

Thank you.  It is all about those gross Muslims this week, I guess. :(

I have never known a Muslim man who has ever lifted a finger against his wife.  I'm sure there are some that do, unfortunately it is a problem everywhere.

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

That's strange. None of the Muslim women I know are treated like dirt. They are cherished and treated quite wonderfully.

Quoting Ladybugmama86:

Did you know that in GA (savannah) you can beat your wife on Sunday on the courthouse steps, as long as you beat her with a rod no bigger then your thumb? Its in the citys rules.

But I do feel very bad for these women, but all islamic women are treated like dirt and a lot of muslim women that I have known.... It is very sad.

Have you ever seen a Catholic priest or Christian minister make a video explaining how to beat a wife?

Does that mean it doesn't happen? Look at Warren Jeff's cult/religious community out in Utah. Read the book written by Carol Jessup who managed to escape with her children.  No one religion holds the corner market on abuse by its members in the name of religion.

• TruthSeeker.
    February 5, 2013 at 8:31 PM

Quoting muslimahpj:

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

I've not watched the videos but I am curious, is this person citing Quran passages as a reason to beat your wife or is it a cultural thing?

No, he isnt, because there arent any. I wish people would stop google searching extremists and holding up what they say as what Islam teaches.

That is what I thought.

• batmansgirl
    February 5, 2013 at 9:40 PM

I don't hit my children and child abuse is also illegal

Quoting LindaClement:

Except children.

Feel free to hit your own children at your leisure.

Quoting batmansgirl:

There's many ridiculous old laws on the books but what trumps that "old" law is that today it's illegal to beat anyone in the US and you will be prosecuted

Quoting Ladybugmama86:

Did you know that in GA (savannah) you can beat your wife on Sunday on the courthouse steps, as long as you beat her with a rod no bigger then your thumb? Its in the citys rules.

But I do feel very bad for these women, but all islamic women are treated like dirt and a lot of muslim women that I have known.... It is very sad.

• Chelsey191
    February 5, 2013 at 9:55 PM

Some people need beatings of their own.

• JP-StrongForTwo
    February 5, 2013 at 10:05 PM

I have never met a Muslim woman who allowed any man, husband or not, to treat her this way. 

This is a perverted interpritation of the Quran. I dont believe for a moment that God told men to BEAT his women. In both the Quran and the bible, it is said you may cuff, or strike. But it doesnt say anything about beat down until bloody and bruised. 

And in BOTH holy books, it is because of the times and culture. Not a commandment from God, or a Hadith. 

I hope I am not misspeaking anyones faith (christian or muslim) but I honestly believe that God is NOT happy with women beaters. 

• LindaClement
    February 6, 2013 at 1:11 PM

Child abuse is illegal, but hitting kids is not.

I never hit any of mine, but I remain appalled that they are the only people who are not protected by assault laws.

Quoting batmansgirl:

I don't hit my children and child abuse is also illegal

Quoting LindaClement:

Except children.

Feel free to hit your own children at your leisure.

Quoting batmansgirl:

There's many ridiculous old laws on the books but what trumps that "old" law is that today it's illegal to beat anyone in the US and you will be prosecuted

Quoting Ladybugmama86:

• Debmomto2girls
    February 6, 2013 at 5:05 PM
    Here we go... Get an education somewhere. You sound more ignorant with every post

Quoting Imacakebaker:

It won't stop.  Sharia Law.

Quoting greenie63:

This was from a conversation I had with one of my professors today. We were discussing human rights and should they apply to everyone, which we  responded of course. Well then he showed us these 2 videos. This is real and not bashing, it's really happening. The question is how can it stop or will it? 

Quoting punky3175:

Wow - it really is Muslim bashing week up in here.

• Debmomto2girls
    February 6, 2013 at 5:10 PM
    Some of these people need to stop watching Lifetime movies and get out of the house.

Quoting muslimahpj:

There are lots who do. You must live under a rock.

Why dont you find all this stuff in the Qur'an and show it to me. I have already asked the op to do it, so, how about you too?

Blah,blah blah, keep reading islamophobe sites. 

Quoting StarburstKisses:

I'm not Christian. I haven't seen one chrisitan who said that the bible dictates them to beat their wives if they misbehave because their husbands have to discpline them. I've yet to meet a man or women who was christian who practiced "beating ettiquette". The difference between domestic abuse and the abuse that takes from islam religion, is just that - Some of those people are either, raised that way, been beat themselves, etc. Taking drugs and high off their ass, missing their drugs, drunk off their ass, having withdawls from their luqior, etc. Whereas these people tell us they do it because of their religion, because they believe they're actually honoring their wives by doing this. They're both beating their wives, both are wrong. I don't think you're going to see the point I'm making though.

There are women who are beat around the world by their spouses, men females, etc. of different faiths. The difference? Christianity, Hinduism, Buddhism, Juddism (as far as I know), don't tell their followers that to honor their wife they need to beat their wives to submit. Anyway you shave it, that's barbaric. Usually people who do it, who aren't doing it out of faith like some followers (imo most followers) or islam, do it because of alcohol, drugs, or they're from a broken home where they were abused. Usually those people are taught it's wrong, buuuttt they just don't give a shit. Whereas...These people who beat their wives believe this is how you honor them, meaning --- this is what you do. Instead of buying flowers and chocolate and being a good gentleman and husband to your wife and not harming a hair on her, you beat her. See the difference? Like I said, not Christian bbuuutt pretty damn sure no Christian is taught, "From the bible this is what and how we're suppost to honor our wives". 

Quoting muslimahpj:

When are you going to speak out against all the christians who abuse their wives and try to stop them from practicing their religion? There are plenty of women in the US who are abused every day by their husbands and they identify as christians. What are you going to do for them?

I have more rights and protections as a muslim woman than I ever did as a christian woman and my 2 ex christian husbands were worthless assholes who treated me horribly. 

Quoting StarburstKisses:

Suuureee. Just because it doesn't happen to you, or your friends doesn't mean that this isn't real, and doesn't happen to other women. There are PLENTY of stories from women around the world who are in this religion, married to men who treat them like this. It's sad, and even more so is you trying to defend it.

Quoting muslimahpj:

Quoting godsgirl26:

I feel so bad for these women. This is one reason I DO NOT ReSPECT men like this.

I dont need you to feel bad for me. This whole thing is bullshit.

• Clairwil
    February 6, 2013 at 5:14 PM
    Quoting JP-StrongForTwo:

I dont believe for a moment that God told men to BEAT his women. In both the Quran and the bible, it is said you may cuff, or strike. But it doesnt say anything about beat down until bloody and bruised. 

And in BOTH holy books, it is because of the times and culture. Not a commandment from God, or a Hadith. 

None the less, if the 'holy' books do say that (under some circumstances) it is ok for a husband to cuff or strike a wife, but not for a wife to cuff or strike a husband, then that does tell us EITHER something about how 'holy' the hypothesised deity is OR about whether said books 100% reflect the will of that deity.