greenie63
Wife Beating In Islam, No More Than 10 Blows!
February 4, 2013 at 7:19 PM

Maybe one day women will be able to have basic human rights. Do you think it can happen or do you think customs that are older than dirt will continue forever? 

Replies

• turtle68
    February 4, 2013 at 8:45 PM

Interesting...so somewhere along the road they had Islamic views? ...the toothpick thing.

Quoting Ladybugmama86:

Did you know that in GA (savannah) you can beat your wife on Sunday on the courthouse steps, as long as you beat her with a rod no bigger then your thumb? Its in the citys rules.

But I do feel very bad for these women, but all islamic women are treated like dirt and a lot of muslim women that I have known.... It is very sad.

• 12hellokitty
    February 4, 2013 at 8:46 PM

Quoting UpSheRises:

Quoting 12hellokitty:

Quoting punky3175:

Wow - it really is Muslim bashing week up in here.

LOL, unfortunately the Christian bashing never lets up...but I'm sure your not concerned with that.

How is that related to this post?

See...it's stupid to call out Muslims for wife beating...men beat their wives regardless of religion. Thats  totally different than saying happy holidays, expecting a craft store to provide health insurance to it's employees, or even asking someone to defend an opinion a religious doctrine with which you disagree.

It's related to the comment I quoted....

• turtle68
    February 4, 2013 at 8:47 PM

to the highlighted....I agree...of course it does, across religion, cultural boundaries....everywhere.  Some men are just arseholes!

Quoting stacymomof2:

Thank you.  It is all about those gross Muslims this week, I guess. :(

I have never known a Muslim man who has ever lifted a finger against his wife.  I'm sure there are some that do, unfortunately it is a problem everywhere.

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

That's strange. None of the Muslim women I know are treated like dirt. They are cherished and treated quite wonderfully.

Quoting Ladybugmama86:

Did you know that in GA (savannah) you can beat your wife on Sunday on the courthouse steps, as long as you beat her with a rod no bigger then your thumb? Its in the citys rules.

But I do feel very bad for these women, but all islamic women are treated like dirt and a lot of muslim women that I have known.... It is very sad.

• sandra063
    February 4, 2013 at 8:48 PM

talk about a good spanking lol

• stacymomof2
    February 4, 2013 at 9:06 PM

Agree!  I am also married to Muslim (he is more observant than your hubs, apparently, since he prays 5 times a day and goes to the mosque every friday, reads Qar'an daily, etc) and he would never lay a finger on me, he really treats me very respectfully and doesn't even like to argue.  

His family members, his sister's husbands, his father, his brother...none of them would ever consider laying a finger on a woman.  They just aren't that way.  They were raised to respect women, as according to their religion.

Unfortunately I can't say the same for some of my own (Christian) family members.

Quoting AylinsMom:

Any man is capable of beating his wife. It doesn't matter what religion he is. Anyway...I'm a Catholic woman and I'm married to a Muslim man. He's not a conservative Muslim...actually, I've never seen him pray. He's not that into religion himself. However....he has never hit me and has treated me better than any man ever.

• lga1965
    by lga1965
    February 4, 2013 at 9:18 PM

Looks that way. :-( 

And yes, men all over the world of every religion do beat their wives. Its not just Muslims. It seems that since 9/11 people find it so easy to bash Muslims . Even though nobody has been able to prove that any Muslims were involved in 9/11. (Or that 9/11 was a terrorist attack. But that's another subject)

Quoting stacymomof2:

Thank you.  It is all about those gross Muslims this week, I guess. :(

I have never known a Muslim man who has ever lifted a finger against his wife.  I'm sure there are some that do, unfortunately it is a problem everywhere.

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

That's strange. None of the Muslim women I know are treated like dirt. They are cherished and treated quite wonderfully.

Quoting Ladybugmama86:

• Imacakebaker
    February 4, 2013 at 9:18 PM

It won't stop.  Sharia Law.

Quoting greenie63:

This was from a conversation I had with one of my professors today. We were discussing human rights and should they apply to everyone, which we  responded of course. Well then he showed us these 2 videos. This is real and not bashing, it's really happening. The question is how can it stop or will it? 

Quoting punky3175:

• Imacakebaker
    February 4, 2013 at 9:27 PM

Question:

Does Islam permit a man to hit his wife?

Summary Answer
    :

Yes, but only if she doesn't do as he asks. The beating must cease if the woman complies with her husband's demands. Beating is also intended to be the last resort of coercing submission, behind verbal abuse and abandonment.

According her testimony in the Hadith, Muhammad, physically struck his favorite wife for leaving the house without his permission. It is not known how he treated his less-favored wives.

The Qur'an:

Qur'an (4:34) - "Men are the maintainers of women because Allah has made some of them to excel others and because they spend out of their property; the good women are therefore obedient, guarding the unseen as Allah has guarded; and (as to) those on whose part you fear desertion, admonish them, and leave them alone in the sleeping-places and beat them; then if they obey you, do not seek a way against them; surely Allah is High, Great."

Qur'an (38:44) - "And take in your hand a green branch and beat her with it, and do not break your oath..." Allah telling Job to beat his wife.

From the Hadith:

Bukhari (72:715) - A woman came to Muhammad and begged her to stop her husband from beating her. Her skin was bruised so badly that she it is described as being "greener" than the green veil she was wearing. Muhammad did not admonish her husband, but instead ordered her to return to him and submit to his sexual desires.

Bukhari (72:715) - "Aisha said, 'I have not seen any woman suffering as much as the believing women'" This is Muhammad's own wife complaining of the abuse that the women of her religions suffer relative to other women.

Muslim (4:2127) - Muhammad struck his favorite wife, Aisha, in the chest one evening when she left the house without his permission. Aisha narrates, "He struck me on the chest which caused me pain."

Muslim (9:3506) - Muhammad's father-in-laws (Abu Bakr and Umar) amused him by slapping his wives (Aisha and Hafsa) for annoying him. According to the Hadith, the prophet of Islam laughed upon hearing this.

Abu Dawud (2141) - "Iyas bin ‘Abd Allah bin Abi Dhubab reported the Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) as saying: Do not beat Allah’s handmaidens, but when ‘Umar came to the Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) and said: Women have become emboldened towards their husbands, he (the Prophet) gave permission to beat them." At first, Muhammad forbade men from beating their wives, but he rescinded this once it was reported that women were becoming emboldened toward their husbands. Beatings are sometimes necessary to keep women in their place.

Abu Dawud (2142) - "The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: A man will not be asked as to why he beat his wife."

Abu Dawud (2126) - "A man from the Ansar called Basrah said: 'I married a virgin woman in her veil. When I entered upon her, I found her pregnant. (I mentioned this to the Prophet).' The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: 'She will get the dower, for you made her vagina lawful for you. The child will be your slave. When she has begotten (a child), flog her'" A Muslim man thinks his is getting a virgin, then finds out she is pregnant. Muhammad tells him to treat the woman as a sex slave and then flog her after she has delivered the child.

Ibn Ishaq/Hisham 969 - Requires that a married woman be "put in a separate room and beaten lightly" if she "act in a sexual manner toward others." According to the Hadith, this can be for an offense as petty as merely being alone with a man to whom she is not related.

Kash-shaf (the revealer) of al-Zamkhshari (Vol. 1, p. 525) - [Muhammad said] "Hang up your scourge where your wife can see it"

I never know why a woman would choose to be a muslim or marry one.

• LuvmyAiden
    February 4, 2013 at 9:44 PM

I think many of you that know muslim women who are treated great know American muslim women NOT middle eastern muslim women. The way many in the middle east live is NOT the same way we live here. The way women are treated is NOT what we understand. Cultural norms are not the same and making a comparison to how women are treated here is not correct.

• lga1965
    by lga1965
    February 4, 2013 at 9:57 PM

So, how do we stop Christian women from being beaten by their husbands? It happens way too often...if the guy thinks his wife isn't obeying him or spending too much money or won't have sex whenever he wants,etc. Lots of excuses. It doesn't have to be a Muslim,you know.And men protect each other, help each other out when something like that happens ....particularly in states where women are regarded as inferior to men, as property,etc.Old fashioned,. patriarchal socities. ( Like the rural south)

Quoting Imacakebaker:

It won't stop.  Sharia Law.

Quoting greenie63:

This was from a conversation I had with one of my professors today. We were discussing human rights and should they apply to everyone, which we  responded of course. Well then he showed us these 2 videos. This is real and not bashing, it's really happening. The question is how can it stop or will it? 

Quoting punky3175: