Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
Genes_Girl
QUestion about taking a child to see Identity Thief Movie. Need opinions please
February 4, 2013 at 5:35 PM

My brother is thinking about taking my 9 year old son to see the upcoming movie Identity Thief. It's my say in the end, and he said that if I said that he couldnt take him to see it then he wouldnt. When I had seen the previews for this movie and read about it, I had thought it was going to be rated pg13 in the end. Now I noticed its rated R. What are other mom's opinions on this? I mean I know there are a lot of rated R movies that I would give an automatic no to on letting him see. Things like Ted, or horror movies or things with excessive sex or nudity, or things like that. I just need some real input on this one. Thanks

Replies

• lizzielouaf
    February 4, 2013 at 5:37 PM

It's rated PG13 for language so it really depends how much "naughty" language bothers you.

• anotherandree
    February 4, 2013 at 5:39 PM

I wouldn't let my 9 yr old see it.  For starters, he probably wouldn't get half the jokes.  Second, if it is rated R, it is for a reason and if I haven't seen it first, I am not chancing him seeing something that I could not undo.  I would vote no.

• Genes_Girl
    February 4, 2013 at 5:39 PM

YOu said it is rated pg13? I had seen it is rated R. 

Quoting lizzielouaf:

It's rated PG13 for language so it really depends how much "naughty" language bothers you.

• LAHnTAH0812
    February 4, 2013 at 5:40 PM
    why do people keep trying to take kids to adult movies?? let them be kids..
  • anotherandree
    February 4, 2013 at 5:40 PM

It's rated R for "sexual content and language." 

http://www.movieinsider.com/m7076/id-theft/

Quoting lizzielouaf:

• Genes_Girl
    February 4, 2013 at 5:41 PM

Yeah I feel the same way I think on this. If it was something that I had seen first and didn't see anything really wrong with it, maybe I would consider it. But yeah i agree with you on this. I have let him see pg13 movies since he has turned 9 and they seem ok for the most part for him. Things like Batman movies, ect. But rated R ones I am thinking he isnt old enough for at this point. 

Quoting anotherandree:

I wouldn't let my 9 yr old see it.  For starters, he probably wouldn't get half the jokes.  Second, if it is rated R, it is for a reason and if I haven't seen it first, I am not chancing him seeing something that I could not undo.  I would vote no.

• lizzielouaf
    February 4, 2013 at 5:42 PM

Ooops, I meant R....it's rated R 

Quoting Genes_Girl:

YOu said it is rated pg13? I had seen it is rated R. 

Quoting lizzielouaf:

• Genes_Girl
    February 4, 2013 at 5:43 PM

at the point when he had first asked me about taking my son to see this movie, it was when the movie was still unrated, and from what i had read on line at that time, they were thinking of rating it pg13. but now i just noticed that they ended up rating it r. so i am thinking that it is going to be a no on this one. 

Quoting LAHnTAH0812:

• LAHnTAH0812
    February 4, 2013 at 5:45 PM
    i mean, it looks hilarious, ill be seeing it, but there was someone else asking about Ted before on here.. like WTF lol

Quoting Genes_Girl:

at the point when he had first asked me about taking my son to see this movie, it was when the movie was still unrated, and from what i had read on line at that time, they were thinking of rating it pg13. but now i just noticed that they ended up rating it r. so i am thinking that it is going to be a no on this one. 

Quoting LAHnTAH0812:

• Genes_Girl
    February 4, 2013 at 5:48 PM

Yeah my son had asked if he could see Ted when that was in theaters. That was a very fast no way in heck lol. 

Quoting LAHnTAH0812:

i mean, it looks hilarious, ill be seeing it, but there was someone else asking about Ted before on here.. like WTF lol

Quoting Genes_Girl:

Quoting LAHnTAH0812:

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN