Genes_Girl
QUestion about taking a child to see Identity Thief Movie. Need opinions please
February 4, 2013 at 5:35 PM

My brother is thinking about taking my 9 year old son to see the upcoming movie Identity Thief. It's my say in the end, and he said that if I said that he couldnt take him to see it then he wouldnt. When I had seen the previews for this movie and read about it, I had thought it was going to be rated pg13 in the end. Now I noticed its rated R. What are other mom's opinions on this? I mean I know there are a lot of rated R movies that I would give an automatic no to on letting him see. Things like Ted, or horror movies or things with excessive sex or nudity, or things like that. I just need some real input on this one. Thanks

Replies

• lizzielouaf
    February 4, 2013 at 5:37 PM

It's rated PG13 for language so it really depends how much "naughty" language bothers you.

• anotherandree
    February 4, 2013 at 5:39 PM

I wouldn't let my 9 yr old see it.  For starters, he probably wouldn't get half the jokes.  Second, if it is rated R, it is for a reason and if I haven't seen it first, I am not chancing him seeing something that I could not undo.  I would vote no.

• Genes_Girl
    February 4, 2013 at 5:39 PM

YOu said it is rated pg13? I had seen it is rated R. 

Quoting lizzielouaf:

It's rated PG13 for language so it really depends how much "naughty" language bothers you.

• LAHnTAH0812
    February 4, 2013 at 5:40 PM
    why do people keep trying to take kids to adult movies?? let them be kids..
  • anotherandree
    February 4, 2013 at 5:40 PM

It's rated R for "sexual content and language." 

http://www.movieinsider.com/m7076/id-theft/

Quoting lizzielouaf:

• Genes_Girl
    February 4, 2013 at 5:41 PM

Yeah I feel the same way I think on this. If it was something that I had seen first and didn't see anything really wrong with it, maybe I would consider it. But yeah i agree with you on this. I have let him see pg13 movies since he has turned 9 and they seem ok for the most part for him. Things like Batman movies, ect. But rated R ones I am thinking he isnt old enough for at this point. 

Quoting anotherandree:

I wouldn't let my 9 yr old see it.  For starters, he probably wouldn't get half the jokes.  Second, if it is rated R, it is for a reason and if I haven't seen it first, I am not chancing him seeing something that I could not undo.  I would vote no.

• lizzielouaf
    February 4, 2013 at 5:42 PM

Ooops, I meant R....it's rated R 

Quoting Genes_Girl:

YOu said it is rated pg13? I had seen it is rated R. 

Quoting lizzielouaf:

• Genes_Girl
    February 4, 2013 at 5:43 PM

at the point when he had first asked me about taking my son to see this movie, it was when the movie was still unrated, and from what i had read on line at that time, they were thinking of rating it pg13. but now i just noticed that they ended up rating it r. so i am thinking that it is going to be a no on this one. 

Quoting LAHnTAH0812:

• LAHnTAH0812
    February 4, 2013 at 5:45 PM
    i mean, it looks hilarious, ill be seeing it, but there was someone else asking about Ted before on here.. like WTF lol

Quoting Genes_Girl:

at the point when he had first asked me about taking my son to see this movie, it was when the movie was still unrated, and from what i had read on line at that time, they were thinking of rating it pg13. but now i just noticed that they ended up rating it r. so i am thinking that it is going to be a no on this one. 

Quoting LAHnTAH0812:

• Genes_Girl
    February 4, 2013 at 5:48 PM

Yeah my son had asked if he could see Ted when that was in theaters. That was a very fast no way in heck lol. 

Quoting LAHnTAH0812:

i mean, it looks hilarious, ill be seeing it, but there was someone else asking about Ted before on here.. like WTF lol

Quoting Genes_Girl:

Quoting LAHnTAH0812: