12hellokitty
S/O of baker refuses to make a SSM cake
February 3, 2013 at 8:05 PM

Gay couple has a contract with a baker to make their SSM wedding cake.  The day before their wedding gay couple is watching the news and see their baker at a rally protesting against SSM.  Does the couple have a right to cancel their contract without paying?  

Replies

• CreziaMommyTo2
    February 3, 2013 at 8:07 PM

no

• LauraKW
    by LauraKW
    February 3, 2013 at 8:07 PM
    Their baker's actions have no bearing on their contract.
  • ArianEponae
    February 3, 2013 at 8:08 PM
    Nope. A contract is s contract.
  • AllofFive19
    February 3, 2013 at 8:10 PM

No

• finnbar
    by finnbar
    February 3, 2013 at 8:13 PM
    Ok, your title indicates the baker refused to make a cake. The content of your post says the couple now believes the baker is anti gay and they don't want him/her to make their cake. So which one is it?
  • AmberNGeorge
    February 3, 2013 at 8:17 PM

Unfortunantely no.  If the couple told him/her what kind of cake it was or what it was for and he/she agreed then thats that.  Unless he refuses at the last minute or screwed your cake up on purpose then you have to pay.

• norwgnwood
    February 3, 2013 at 8:17 PM
    Unfortunately no.
  • katy_kay08
    February 3, 2013 at 8:26 PM

it would depend on the terms of the contract.  If the baker had in his contract that the order could be cancelled by the customer 24 hours prior to the event then yes they can cancel their contract.  If it stated it needed more time they either pay and take the cake or pay and don't take the cake.  

• katy_kay08
    February 3, 2013 at 8:28 PM

she is indicating it is a spin off of another post with that title or one similar.  I don't think the content of her post was unclear.    

Quoting finnbar:

Ok, your title indicates the baker refused to make a cake. The content of your post says the couple now believes the baker is anti gay and they don't want him/her to make their cake. So which one is it?

• tapies2324
    February 3, 2013 at 8:28 PM
    I wonder why the baker would agree to make a cake for a ssm wedding if me didn't believe in ssm. Sort of hypocritical to me.