survivorinohio
What do you think about the fighting on field
February 3, 2013 at 7:33 PM

I havent watched the SB since Art Modell stole my team, the very same team playing tonight lol.  I dont remember the fighting during the superbowl.

Wow

Replies

• pamelax3
    February 4, 2013 at 4:14 PM

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting talia-mom:

My son and his friends were punished for playing Dodgeball during recess.   It is too violent for them to play.

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting Woodbabe:

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting Woodbabe:

Well, considering Obama's interview about the sport and all the comments and commercials about making the game safer, I fully expect the Superbowl to be a Flag Football game in three years.

Hahahahaha!

I want every player safe, I do not want any one injured, by the hands of another player or by the game itself.

But, with that said, I do fear that the game will be lost soon.  What a damn sad day that will be.

We have to 'protect the children' at all costs these days...the end of contact sports is just around the corner, I'm afraid.

Sadly, I see it coming about as well.

I do not doubt this for a moment.  How sad for our children.  I don't know how I, and my fellow older classmates, survived school.

It is very sad that our children will not or do not get to experiance some of the same things we did growing up and we all survived.

• FromAtoZ
    February 5, 2013 at 12:47 AM

Quoting JTROX:

I don't expect football players to think about their actions.  Never said I did. The fact remains, whether they are thinking about it or not, they are setting bad examples for our children.

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting JTROX:

I just commented about that to my family.  The athletes are setting bad examples for our children.

If you expect these football players to be thinking about setting an example, on that field, during that game, for your children, you need to re-think your expectations.

Yes, it is unsportsmanlike conduct and it is not acceptable.  But for goodness sakes, it happens and it happens often.  

I have never, in all my years of being a football fan, expected a player to act like a pristine role model on that field.  

Emotions are high, something none of us could ever understand.  It's not cool to bring your anger on the field and actually shove another and get in their face but it is part of the game.

How so, in your opinion?  All of them or just a select handful?

• JTROX
    by JTROX
    February 5, 2013 at 5:41 AM

Fighting on the field.  I absolutely do not want young athletes to think that is the way to behave during competition.  Any that are fighting.

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting JTROX:

I don't expect football players to think about their actions.  Never said I did. The fact remains, whether they are thinking about it or not, they are setting bad examples for our children.

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting JTROX:

I just commented about that to my family.  The athletes are setting bad examples for our children.

If you expect these football players to be thinking about setting an example, on that field, during that game, for your children, you need to re-think your expectations.

Yes, it is unsportsmanlike conduct and it is not acceptable.  But for goodness sakes, it happens and it happens often.  

I have never, in all my years of being a football fan, expected a player to act like a pristine role model on that field.  

Emotions are high, something none of us could ever understand.  It's not cool to bring your anger on the field and actually shove another and get in their face but it is part of the game.

• FromAtoZ
    February 5, 2013 at 12:15 PM

Quoting JTROX:

Fighting on the field.  I absolutely do not want young athletes to think that is the way to behave during competition.  Any that are fighting.

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting JTROX:

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting JTROX:

Well, it happens in every sport, at one time or another.  There is no way around it.  Right, wrong, indifferent, it is going to happen again.  Every level. 

• Euphoric
    February 5, 2013 at 12:43 PM

I must have missed it.

• kailu1835
    February 5, 2013 at 5:21 PM

There is always fighting on field.  My husband has gone to quite a few games this year and saw plenty of fighting.  We were also recording the game so he could go back over highlights, and they almost never show any fighting.  We were pretty surprised that they showed as much as they did at the Super Bowl.

• JTROX
    by JTROX
    February 5, 2013 at 6:53 PM

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting JTROX:

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting JTROX:

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting JTROX:

Well, it happens in every sport, at one time or another.  There is no way around it.  Right, wrong, indifferent, it is going to happen again.  Every level. 

Yes, people act poorly.  It will happen.  It is still setting a poor example for children.  

• turtle68
    February 5, 2013 at 7:07 PM

IMO its the parents that set that bad example from when they are on the sidelines of their kids junior years.

Quoting JTROX:

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting JTROX:

• turtle68
    February 5, 2013 at 7:10 PM

Quoting pamelax3:

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting talia-mom:

My son and his friends were punished for playing Dodgeball during recess.   It is too violent for them to play.

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting Woodbabe:

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting Woodbabe:

Well, considering Obama's interview about the sport and all the comments and commercials about making the game safer, I fully expect the Superbowl to be a Flag Football game in three years.

Hahahahaha!

I want every player safe, I do not want any one injured, by the hands of another player or by the game itself.

But, with that said, I do fear that the game will be lost soon.  What a damn sad day that will be.

We have to 'protect the children' at all costs these days...the end of contact sports is just around the corner, I'm afraid.

Sadly, I see it coming about as well.

I do not doubt this for a moment.  How sad for our children.  I don't know how I, and my fellow older classmates, survived school.

It is very sad that our children will not or do not get to experiance some of the same things we did growing up and we all survived.

Could it be because some didnt survive?  I knew a boy who was playing bullrush (I have no idea what you call it in the US LOL) who broke his neck...he was one on many kids who suffered from brain damage from the game.  They banned it.  I was sad to see it go but understood why.

• JTROX
    by JTROX
    February 5, 2013 at 7:12 PM

Yes.  Parents do often set bad examples at sporting events.  I am amazed at how some act just at 7-8 year old coach pitch ball.  

Quoting turtle68:

IMO its the parents that set that bad example from when they are on the sidelines of their kids junior years.

Quoting JTROX:

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting JTROX: