Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
jllcali
Divorced
by jllcali
January 29, 2013 at 11:58 PM
I am curious as to why people get divorced. I'm including a poll so that women can answer without going into details. If you would like to comment, feel free to do so. Please do not bash or pass judgement upon those who reply or divorced people in general.
Thank you in advance to those who participate.
The major cause of my divorce was......
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 5% - He cheated on me
  2. 0% - I cheated on him
  3. 0% - He said he didn't love me any more
  4. 0% - I fell out of love with him
  5. 2% - He did not fulfill my needs/expectations
  6. 4% - I did not fulfill his needs/expectations
  7. 4% - We argued too much
  8. 0% - One of us has a mental illness the other couldn't deal with
  9. 0% - One of us wanted kids and the other refused
  10. 0% - He just left, didn't give a reason
  11. 4% - Drug/alcohol abuse
  12. 0% - Illegal activities
  13. 2% - We just grew apart
  14. 4% - Physical abuse
  15. 5% - Other (please explain in comments)
  16. 52% - Not divorced, just want to see the poll.
  17. 8% - Any combination of the above (please explain in comments)
  18. 4% - Emotional/mental abuse

Replies

• Jenniy
    by Jenniy
    January 30, 2013 at 11:10 AM
    I'm sure it didn't help he was the only survivor in his vehicle, he was driving and his two best friends died and he deployed 6 months later. He refused counseling for it and turned into a complete ass.

Quoting smalltowngal:

I have watched a special on how brain injuries can dramatically change a person's personality. It was the one situation where I could see divorcing my husband. Sorry for the loss of your old hubby. :(

Quoting Jenniy:

Pretty bad concussion

Quoting smalltowngal:

Quoting Jenniy:

After his car accident he started cheating, became very abusive mentally, physically and sexually, and he started drinking and smoking pot, and was such an ass at work he was fired. While I was saving for a divorce he took our son's disability money, got an attorney and kicked our kids and I out.

Did he hit his head during the car accident? 

• rotPferd
    January 30, 2013 at 11:22 AM

For me, it was a combination of several things listed. But what it ultimately boiled down to was trust and loss of hope. I took a good long look at what my future would be with this man and I saw absolutely nothing but misery, so I left. We aren't divorced yet, but as soon as he sets foot back in TX, I'm filing.

• katy_kay08
    January 30, 2013 at 11:28 AM

my exhusband was physically abusive.  I decided within months of the first attack that I was not where I needed to be and my life would probably end if I stayed.  

• gammie
    by gammie
    January 30, 2013 at 11:30 AM

I would think that drug and alcohol would be # 1. I have not gotten a divorced and can't see me ever getting one we are very happy.

But the women I do know drugs was always the big problem, the woman thought when the kids came the dh  would grow up.

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts