Thank you in advance to those who participate.
- Only group members can vote in this poll.
- 5% - He cheated on me
- 0% - I cheated on him
- 0% - He said he didn't love me any more
- 0% - I fell out of love with him
- 2% - He did not fulfill my needs/expectations
- 4% - I did not fulfill his needs/expectations
- 4% - We argued too much
- 0% - One of us has a mental illness the other couldn't deal with
- 0% - One of us wanted kids and the other refused
- 0% - He just left, didn't give a reason
- 4% - Drug/alcohol abuse
- 0% - Illegal activities
- 2% - We just grew apart
- 4% - Physical abuse
- 5% - Other (please explain in comments)
- 52% - Not divorced, just want to see the poll.
- 8% - Any combination of the above (please explain in comments)
- 4% - Emotional/mental abuse
by JenniyJanuary 30 at 11:10 AMI'm sure it didn't help he was the only survivor in his vehicle, he was driving and his two best friends died and he deployed 6 months later. He refused counseling for it and turned into a complete ass.
I have watched a special on how brain injuries can dramatically change a person's personality. It was the one situation where I could see divorcing my husband. Sorry for the loss of your old hubby. :(
Pretty bad concussion
After his car accident he started cheating, became very abusive mentally, physically and sexually, and he started drinking and smoking pot, and was such an ass at work he was fired. While I was saving for a divorce he took our son's disability money, got an attorney and kicked our kids and I out.
Did he hit his head during the car accident?
by rotPferdJanuary 30 at 11:22 AM
For me, it was a combination of several things listed. But what it ultimately boiled down to was trust and loss of hope. I took a good long look at what my future would be with this man and I saw absolutely nothing but misery, so I left. We aren't divorced yet, but as soon as he sets foot back in TX, I'm filing.
by katy_kay08January 30 at 11:28 AM
my exhusband was physically abusive. I decided within months of the first attack that I was not where I needed to be and my life would probably end if I stayed.
by gammieJanuary 30 at 11:30 AM
I would think that drug and alcohol would be # 1. I have not gotten a divorced and can't see me ever getting one we are very happy.
But the women I do know drugs was always the big problem, the woman thought when the kids came the dh would grow up.