KreatingMe
Anyone use the diva cup, moon cup , or cloth pads?
January 29, 2013 at 2:08 PM

How well does it work? How much money did you spend upfront? Did you or would you go back to disposables? 

So it's not exactly news or hot but anything could be considered a topic, maybe.  ; ) 

Replies

• Woodbabe
    January 29, 2013 at 5:43 PM

Nope never tried em...the last five years of my period I had seven fibroid tumors, so the crime scene joke just isn't a joke. Fist sized clots and bleed-outs every 20 minutes meant I stayed home five days out of the month. 

No. Thank. You.

• Traci_Momof2
    January 29, 2013 at 5:47 PM

Quoting jehosoba84:

What I use is very similar to the diva cup, I think . Excpet cheaper, but disposable. It's called softcup and it's sold at walmart. I like it because I can leave them in for a long time and you can still have sex with them in!                      They are very messy, however, when you pull them out. Be at home.

I've tried the softcup in the past and it was ok except that you are right, removal is messy.  The diva cup removal is not as messy as the softcup.  However, with the diva cup, because of the shape and placement of it, you can't have sex with it in.  So benefit/drawback with both products.

It's great there are options for all women to consider.

• matofour
    January 29, 2013 at 6:00 PM
    I get a heavy flow the first few days. I only empty my diva cup once. Before bed. It's made for twelve hour usage. If you have to empty every two hours, you would be hemmoraging.
    I know it's not for everyone. But, it's really comfy once you get the hang of it.
    I have done everything using it, hiking, swimming, Disney. I love it.

Quoting lga1965:

Quoting Traci_Momof2:

Quoting lga1965:

Oh wow! When my mom was young in the 1920's and they used cloth pads, all women hated it. Because they had to. And because they were drenched in a short time and they stunk too. If I had used those cloth thingies, I would have been changing them every half hour . I wouldn't have been able to leave my home.

Are you serious ? I am all for natural products too....but, this is ridiculous.

The cup thing would have overflowed too often, I am, sure....

DO you ladies stay home?

Geeeee.

Perhaps you should read up on something before making overly assumptious remarks on it.  A cup will hold a lot more than a tampon absorbs - even with the ultra plus size tampon.  I'm pretty darn heavy on one day of each period.  I used to use the ultra plus tampon (the purple color in OB brand) and would still have to change it every hour.  With a Diva Cup, on my very heaviest day, I can go at least two hours before having to empty it.  Most of the time 4 hours.  On my other days I don't have to empty it at all the entire time I am at work.

Disposable tampons and pads make it look like there is a lot more flow than there really is.  You might be surprised just how little actual flow there is during the average menstrual shed.

Oh, so its that important. LOL. It would be extremely inconvenient for someone like me who was virtually tied to my computer at work for 8 hrs a day and then a commute that could add upto an hour ( or two if there was a snowstorm) and a long way away from a ladies' room to deal with  "cup maintenance" every two hours. Gee.

Try watching some flowing of blood and lots of big clots visibly passing into the toilet while peeing ,...its not just the tampon or the pad that displays what your flow really looks like. It was  like a horror film ...too much blood.

But hey, if you love the cup, that's fine for you. Its not for everyone though. I'm just happy I don't have to deal with the floods ad cramps anymore. Its great.

• lizzielouaf
    January 29, 2013 at 6:03 PM

LOL

Quoting matofour:

I get a heavy flow the first few days. I only empty my diva cup once. Before bed. It's made for twelve hour usage. If you have to empty every two hours, you would be hemmoraging.
    I know it's not for everyone. But, it's really comfy once you get the hang of it.
    I have done everything using it, hiking, swimming, Disney. I love it.

Quoting lga1965:

Quoting Traci_Momof2:

Quoting lga1965:

Oh wow! When my mom was young in the 1920's and they used cloth pads, all women hated it. Because they had to. And because they were drenched in a short time and they stunk too. If I had used those cloth thingies, I would have been changing them every half hour . I wouldn't have been able to leave my home.

Are you serious ? I am all for natural products too....but, this is ridiculous.

The cup thing would have overflowed too often, I am, sure....

DO you ladies stay home?

Geeeee.

Perhaps you should read up on something before making overly assumptious remarks on it.  A cup will hold a lot more than a tampon absorbs - even with the ultra plus size tampon.  I'm pretty darn heavy on one day of each period.  I used to use the ultra plus tampon (the purple color in OB brand) and would still have to change it every hour.  With a Diva Cup, on my very heaviest day, I can go at least two hours before having to empty it.  Most of the time 4 hours.  On my other days I don't have to empty it at all the entire time I am at work.

Disposable tampons and pads make it look like there is a lot more flow than there really is.  You might be surprised just how little actual flow there is during the average menstrual shed.

Oh, so its that important. LOL. It would be extremely inconvenient for someone like me who was virtually tied to my computer at work for 8 hrs a day and then a commute that could add upto an hour ( or two if there was a snowstorm) and a long way away from a ladies' room to deal with  "cup maintenance" every two hours. Gee.

Try watching some flowing of blood and lots of big clots visibly passing into the toilet while peeing ,...its not just the tampon or the pad that displays what your flow really looks like. It was  like a horror film ...too much blood.

But hey, if you love the cup, that's fine for you. Its not for everyone though. I'm just happy I don't have to deal with the floods ad cramps anymore. Its great.

• TruthSeeker.
    January 29, 2013 at 6:06 PM

Not sure if this has been answered but what do yo do with the pads when you are out and gone ALL DAY long at work or shopping or something? Where do you put them? Eeeeek!

• toomanypoodles
    January 30, 2013 at 3:11 AM

I can't even imagine shoving something like that inside of me.  I was never even able to comfortably wear a tampon. 

• Goodwoman614
    January 30, 2013 at 4:49 AM

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

Not sure if this has been answered but what do yo do with the pads when you are out and gone ALL DAY long at work or shopping or something? Where do you put them? Eeeeek!

Ziplock bags - one for dirties, one w/ clean ones. Once home, soak 'em overnight in cold water in a handwashing basin (I use a large plastic coffee container). Then I usually rinse & soak again with a little detergent. The next load of laundry I do, they get tossed in.

Like everything, once you find your rhythm, you just do it w/o even thinking about it.

• mmtosam06
    January 30, 2013 at 5:17 AM
    I love mama cloth I spent 20 for 6 my periods are shorter and will not go to disposable pads. To the pp who asked about smell no smell and I wore them when I worked outside the home
  • dustinsmom1
    January 30, 2013 at 8:12 AM

Tampons, i find pads to be gross.