Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
Cafe Steph
News Host Openly Says Abortion ‘Saved My Life’ But What About the Baby’s Life? Is it really worth it?
January 29, 2013 at 1:51 PM

News Host Openly Says Abortion ‘Saved My Life’ But What About the Baby’s Life?

Posted by Jenny Erikson on January 29, 2013

It’s always so touching when a TV news personality opens up on the air about how the decision to end the life of his unborn child “saved” him. No really -- that actually happened.  

Last Friday, MSNBC host Toure celebrated the 40th anniversary of Roe vs. Wade by sharing the story of when he and an old girlfriend decided 15 years ago to abort their baby, because it was, like, totally inconvenient.

During The Cycle, Toure told the audience, “In some ways that choice saved my life.” You see, it turns out that the girlfriend didn’t end up being the one, and giving birth to a live, healthy child would’ve just made “a mess of three lives.”

But wait! There’s more. Toure then went on to thank God and country for the right to abortion:

I thank God and country that when I fell into a bad situation, abortion was there to save me and keep me on a path toward building a strong family I have now. And I pray that safety net stays in place.

It’s unclear as to how one just “falls” into pregnancy (Did his penis trip and fall into her lady parts?), but we can gloss over that for the time being to talk about the ridiculousness of this particular situation. 

Here we have a guy in a committed relationship with a woman he calls his girlfriend, and he knocks her up. Now, instead of manning up and taking responsibility for the child that he helped create, he applauds mom’s decision to end the pregnancy, and then 15 years later claims that the death of that baby ‘saved’ him?

I bet that baby would have liked to be saved too, had he or she been consulted on the matter of their imminent death. Maybe that baby would be alive today, having been adopted by parents that waited years to meet their child. Or maybe Toure and his girlfriend raised him. The only thing that matters here is that you’ll be hard-pressed to come across a person that believes their parents should have aborted them for convenience’s sake.  

Like it or not, that’s a baby in there. A real, live baby with its own genetic code and DNA and everything. A child created by God. To turn around and thank God for the legal right to snuff out that life because pregnancy is icky is ludicrous. 

Abortion may ‘save’ someone from parenthood, but it does so at the cost of another person’s life. 

Is it really worth it?

Replies

• PinkParadox
    January 29, 2013 at 1:55 PM
    Just for argument sake...doesn't the baby skip earth and go straight to heaven?
  • IhartU
    by IhartU
    January 29, 2013 at 1:55 PM

“Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which god has established. The authorities that exist have been established by god. Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what god has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and he shall commend you. For he is god’s servant to do you good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is god’s servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. There fore it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also because of conscience.

This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are god’s servants, who give their full time to governing. Give everyone what you owe him: If you owe taxes, pay taxes, if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.”

Clearly it is the job of Christians to obey the laws, and the laws of this country clearly state that abortion is legal. So too should Christians respect and honor that law. God commands them to NOT disobey, which entails attempting to get the law overturned. If god wanted abortion to be illegal he wouldn’t have appointed authorities to make it legal.

• CDMelty
    by CDMelty
    January 29, 2013 at 2:01 PM

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/aug/15/i-wish-my-mother-aborted-me

There. The author says they can't find anyone who wishes they'd been aborted for their parents' convenience so here's someone who does.

• Veni.Vidi.Vici.
    January 29, 2013 at 2:04 PM

How dare that man speak the truth and share how he feels about what happened? THE SHAME! OH THE HORROR!

This blog and the opinions of the person who wrote it suck IMO!

• katy_kay08
    January 29, 2013 at 2:06 PM

yes, I think in many situations abortion is absolutely worth it.  

• Whaaaaaa....O.o
    January 29, 2013 at 2:12 PM

I think it is pushing it to say it saved HIS life. Just sayin'.

• GoddessNDaRuff
    January 29, 2013 at 2:24 PM

yes it's worth it. Very worth it. A child changes your life, can deter your career, and kill your finances. Truthfully, it would have had a greater impact on the mother's life path. If it was inconvenient for them and their plans for themselves to go through a pregnancy and raise a child then yes it was worth it for them to decide we don't want this and abort. This article is just another example of needing to control other people's lives. No family is entitled to be able to adopt a baby if they want a child. It is not the responsiblity of the fertile and those in a inconvenient situation to provide these people with children. If they want to parent a baby so damn bad, hire a surrogate and do IVF.

• Momniscient
    January 29, 2013 at 2:26 PM

And???

Is it anyone else's choice if it 'was really worth it.'

Yes. Thank God and country for the right to abortion.

I don't really give a shit what Jenny Erickson considers acceptable or not.

• GoddessNDaRuff
    January 29, 2013 at 2:27 PM

No, the man's opinion only counts when he wants the baby and the evil whore mother aborts it. Forget that most women who have babies when the father wants nothing to do with it end up being owed thousands in child support and raising their children alone because the man runs off and still creates the family he wanted while neglecting what he left behind.

Quoting Veni.Vidi.Vici.:

How dare that man speak the truth and share how he feels about what happened? THE SHAME! OH THE HORROR!

This blog and the opinions of the person who wrote it suck IMO!

• Traci_Momof2
    January 29, 2013 at 2:29 PM

Yes, it is really worth it.

I am sure this individual is not alone in his feelings regarding abortion.  I believe many, many individuals who have chosen abortion feel the same way.  Nothing wrong with that.  They found themselves in an undesirable situation and used what they believed was the best option to deal with that situation.  Isn't that what we all do throughout our lives?

I think the only person who has any place to judge his feelings on the matter is the woman who was his girlfriend at the time.  The woman who actually had the abortion.  I would think it's quite likely though that she feels the same way he does right now.

As for this part - "I bet that baby would have liked to be saved too, had he or she been consulted on the matter of their imminent death."  This arguement always makes the person making the arguement look like a total dipshit in my opinion.  Obviously, an unborn, barely developed person cannot be consulted on the matter of anything and is completely oblivious to even it's own state of being.  To make a statement like "had he or she been consulted..." is just trying to engender emotion and shows a complete lack of logical foothold in the arguement.

Not to mention that I have met a person online who was very serious about believeing that their own mother should have aborted them.  I think people like that are more numberous than the blog author would like to believe.

If this blog author wants to be taken seriously, they need to use more fact-based arguements and leave out the emotional propaganda.

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN