Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
paganbaby
Is this punishment too harsh?
January 25, 2013 at 1:08 PM

My 13yo dd has been driving me nuts.

She snuck off and dated a boy behind my back. (That got her into a scary situation) She's hanging around kids and getting into trouble, got kicked out of the corner store, having attitude with adults. She's neglecting her chores and homework in favor of facebook and friends. And now the latest battles is clothes. Thank God her school has uniforms but outside of school I'm constantly telling her to change her clothes or add legging or an undershirt.

It comes down to the fact that I can't trust her. So I came up with a plan. I walk her to and from school. I accompany her to the park and rec center when she hangs out with her friends (her little brother and sister come too) When we leave she leaves too. I put a pass word on the computer and she's only allowed on after her homework and chores are done.

She wants to know how long this will go on. I told her until she can prove to me that she's responsible. So now I am officially the worst mother ever,lol.

Do you think this punishment is too much?
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 3% - Yes. She's a teenager now not a small child. She needs to have her freedom.
  2. 43% - This isn't punishment. Children this age need to be supervised.
  3. 52% - I agree with it for now but she should slowly be able to earn her freedom back.

Replies

• surromama
    January 26, 2013 at 10:02 AM
    Good job Mama. I think it sounds like a great punishment.
  • candlegal
    January 26, 2013 at 10:15 AM

when they tell you that you are the worst mother ever, you are probably doing a good job.

• smushy79
    January 26, 2013 at 10:17 AM
    I'd do that and then some.
  • IntactivistMama
    January 26, 2013 at 10:20 AM
    Sounds good to me. Kudos, mama. Teenaged girls are Hell.

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts