Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
celticwych
Fifth-grader reprimanded for bringing paper ‘gun’ to school
January 24, 2013 at 7:10 AM

Really?????????  This crap infuriates me.  I hope mom gets a lawyer and sues the crap out of the admin., the school and whoever else she can.  Perhaps if people start standing up and saying NO we will not go silently into the night ANYMORE.........this crap will stop happeniing.  Where is the line drawn?  Paper guns made by grandpa?  This kid will have this on her record for the rest of her school years.  Over a paper gun in her pocket tht she threw away? She didnt threaten anyone she had a paper gun in her pocket and threw it away. WTH?

Watch The Video here: http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/fifth-grader-reprimanded-bringing-paper-gun-school-181022936.html

Paper gun gets 5th grader in big troublePhiladelphia elementary student scolded, searched for pulling out piece of paper that resembled firearm

Another fake gun has reportedly created problems for a young student.

According to Philadelphia mother Dianna Kelly, who spoke with FOX 29 about the incident, her daughter, Melody Valentin, was given a sheet of paper by her grandfather that was torn and folded to look like a pistol. When another student saw the fake gun, which Melody had thrown in the trash can, he alerted the teacher.

The teacher then went over the top when reprimanding Melody, Kelly told Fox 29, saying that he "should call the cops on her" and that she could "be arrested."

Kelly added, "Why did he threaten my daughter?"

Melody, meanwhile, said that the teacher "yelled at me and said I shouldn't have brought the gun to school and I kept telling him it was a paper gun but he wouldn't listen."

Kelly has been keeping Melody home since the incident last week and says she's looking into enrolling her in another school.

According to Fox 29, school officials have not responded to their requests for comment.

Last week, a kindergartner was suspended after saying she was going to shoot classmates with her pink Hello Kitty bubble gun. And earlier this month, a 6-year-old boy was suspended after making a gun gesture with his hand and saying, "Pow."

Replies

• celticwych
    January 24, 2013 at 9:26 AM

Bump ~ no thoughts on this? 

• yourspecialkid
    January 24, 2013 at 10:31 AM

Well, you know those paper guns in the garbage can are the most dangerous.  They have been known to rise up, load a magazine of paper bullets and shoot spit wads at entire classrooms......

This is what happens when common sense leaves the schools.

• ms-superwoman
    January 24, 2013 at 10:33 AM

I don't get why the teacher would threaten her or yell at her. He should be the one punished.

• Hippie.Gypsy
    January 24, 2013 at 10:36 AM

This kind of shit is stupid, people are losing it, and I don't mean the kids or families, I mean the school systems and cops. You can do more damage with spitballs and a straw than you can with a paper gun, what's the worst it's gonna do? Give someone a paper cut.

• candlegal
    January 24, 2013 at 10:44 AM

The stupidty gets worse each year in the government run schools.  Don't like it don't send your kids there.

• celticwych
    January 24, 2013 at 10:56 AM

Well thats a great idea if your in a situation to homeschool or have alternative education in your area that is geared for other then troubled kids.  I have no choice but send my child to public schools but you can bet your life that Im as involved in what is going on as I can be.  If this was me I'd be calling every out for money lawyer out there just to get my point across.

Quoting candlegal:

The stupidty gets worse each year in the government run schools.  Don't like it don't send your kids there.

• candlegal
    January 24, 2013 at 10:59 AM

As much as there is truth to that statement I realize many people don't have a choice but to send their kids to a government run school.

I actually said that with sarcasm because of something that was said to me yesterday.   :)

Quoting celticwych:

Well thats a great idea if your in a situation to homeschool or have alternative education in your area that is geared for other then troubled kids.  I have no choice but send my child to public schools but you can bet your life that Im as involved in what is going on as I can be.  If this was me I'd be calling every out for money lawyer out there just to get my point across.

Quoting candlegal:

• acrogodess
    January 24, 2013 at 10:59 AM
    That shit is stupid. The most ridiculous thing I've heard of besides the pink hello kitty bubble gun and the 6 yr old pointing his finger and saying pow. Smh. This is a sad sad world we are living in where common sense has left the building in the name of zero tolerance.
  • pamelax3
    January 24, 2013 at 11:05 AM

This is crazy but this is what we have come too, where children  can not even been children because we have taught our kids to feel threatened by everything,.

A hello kitty bubble gun, really?? this scared someone

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts