ashers_mommy99
No 'Poo Method BEFORE & AFTER!!!
January 24, 2013 at 4:15 AM

The No 'Poo Method changed my hair! I've been on this method almost a year, and I am so thankful I kissed shampoo goodbye! I have never loved my hair this much in my whole life. It is smooth, shiny, wavy, and has tons of body. No Poo Method: 1 to 2 tbsp baking soda in a jar of water, shake and pour over roots, then massage scalp well and rinse. Pour ACV/water mixture (1 to 2 tbsp ACV mixed in a bottle of water) over ends, rinse and Voila! I only wash my hair every 3 to 4 days on this method. ♥

What do YOU think? Would you try it? Have you tried it?

Replies

• lokilover
    January 24, 2013 at 4:22 AM

Ha Ha Ha

• wickedfiress
    January 24, 2013 at 4:34 AM
    I have tried twice to do this. I cant get past the "super oily" stage when your body is regulating the lack of need to produce as much oil. I get to day 5 or 6 and I cant stand it anymore.
  • ashers_mommy99
    January 24, 2013 at 4:41 AM
    Quoting wickedfiress:

I have tried twice to do this. I cant get past the "super oily" stage when your body is regulating the lack of need to produce as much oil. I get to day 5 or 6 and I cant stand it anymore.

It took my hair months to adjust... I just used baby powder on oily days as a "dry shampoo", to help stretch the days between washings. But now I just go ahead and wash when it's too oily. Every third day is the usual for me and it seems to work well.
  • FrogSalad
    January 24, 2013 at 7:49 AM

I did it for almost a year.  Just went back to shampoo and conditioner about 2 weeks ago.

My hair was fine with the no-poo method but recently my scalp has been getting dry and dandruffy and using coconut oil wasn't working so I reverted back to my previous ways. 

• lga1965
    by lga1965
    January 24, 2013 at 7:58 AM
    No thanks.
  • romalove
    January 24, 2013 at 8:00 AM

Your hair is beautiful.

There is no way I could ever do this.  I don't have the patience to wait out oily hair and hate putting baby powder on it.

I will continue with my Pantene, and if that makes me bad, then baby, I'm bad....

• NWP
    by NWP
    January 24, 2013 at 8:10 AM

I really want to try this...I only wash my hair every three days now because it just isn't very oily and it looks terribly dry after I use shampoo even with heavy conditioners. I color treat and it gets very very dry.

What, exactly is the ACV mixture? What does ACV stand for?

• FrogSalad
    January 24, 2013 at 8:33 AM

ACV = Apple cider vinegar.

White vinegar worked better for my hair.  I used approx. 1 T. of vinegar to a cup of water when I used it.  You can increase/decrease the amount of vinegar depending on how it works for you.

Quoting NWP:

I really want to try this...I only wash my hair every three days now because it just isn't very oily and it looks terribly dry after I use shampoo even with heavy conditioners. I color treat and it gets very very dry.

What, exactly is the ACV mixture? What does ACV stand for?

• kameka
    by kameka
    January 24, 2013 at 8:41 AM
    I use a sulfate free shampoo on my scalp and a sulfate free conditioner on my hair once, sometimes twice a week. I've wanted to try the no poo method but I just can't get past putting acv in my hair - I can't stand that smell lol
  • colins_mom
    January 24, 2013 at 8:44 AM
    I'm gonna try it, i just have to get the balls to do it first