Goodwoman614
It's so cold...*share your strategies for dealing*
January 24, 2013 at 2:47 AM

... my feet are still cubes, even with an extra blanket on.

Tomorrow it will feel like -1° here in Philadelphia metro area, with wind chill factored in.

The worst thing about it for me is being stuck inside.

I am pretty intrepidation and will go out in very cold weather, like I did today & earlier this week when it was in the teens. 

But not in high blustery winds AND very cold temps.

So tomorrow I shall try to keep myself busy, so as to ward off cabin fever.

What do you do to pass those times when it's so cold outside you're stuck inside?

Replies

• Veni.Vidi.Vici.
    January 24, 2013 at 3:16 AM

I prefer to sleep in the cold. We often turn our heat off at night. Lately I've been leaving it at 68 degrees because I wake up and it's 58 degrees in our house.

I do my best to bundle up the kiddos and take them out between 2pm and 4pm for fresh air. However, we do not go out if it's below 25 degrees.

• glitterteaz
    January 24, 2013 at 3:22 AM

It was 80 degrees here in Tx today. I feel cold maybe a half month of the entire year.

• toomanypoodles
    January 24, 2013 at 3:23 AM

It's pretty cold here, but the past few weeks I have been having horrible hot flashes, so I'm actually keeping the heater off.  My family is layering up their clothes and sitting down with down-filled lap quilts to stay warm, while I sit here half neckid. 

• Goodwoman614
    January 24, 2013 at 3:23 AM

Quoting glitterteaz:

It was 80 degrees here in Tx today. I feel cold maybe a half month of the entire year.

Do you have a guest room? 

If not, then shut up!! :)

• Goodwoman614
    January 24, 2013 at 3:25 AM

Quoting toomanypoodles:

It's pretty cold here, but the past few weeks I have been having horrible hot flashes, so I'm actually keeping the heater off.  My family is layering up their clothes and sitting down with down-filled lap quilts to stay warm, while I sit here half neckid. 

Which half, lol??

sorry...I'm a bit punchy ;)

• toomanypoodles
    January 24, 2013 at 3:26 AM

Quoting Goodwoman614:

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Which half, lol??

sorry...I'm a bit punchy ;)

lol.  I'm covered---but just barely.  ;)

• Arroree
    by Arroree
    January 24, 2013 at 3:37 AM

Do some arts and crafts, a cold snap is a good time to start a new hobby, get some baking done *this doubles as warming up your house*, watch that backlog of movies/shows you've been putting off, read a few good books, rearrange your furniture.

Or do what many Alaskans do, get drunk and have sex :)

• glitterteaz
    January 24, 2013 at 3:38 AM

LOL if you like cuddling with a queen sized bed full of pets? 

Quoting Goodwoman614:

Quoting glitterteaz:

Do you have a guest room? 

If not, then shut up!! :)

• darlula
    by darlula
    January 24, 2013 at 3:40 AM
    I just curse the world and hate everything and wait for spring =) my feet are ice cubes from November to March! Though my step dad bought me a heated throw and i've been living in that thing!
  • acrogodess
    January 24, 2013 at 3:41 AM
    It is already at negative 1 here in Albany NY. There is carpeting all over the bedrooms and the rooms are so small that the beds are on the heater so due to the hazard we don't turn on the heat. We have a space heater we use in the living room during the day. Right now since s/o works overnights, ds, dd and one of the cats are all in my bed. Even the cat is snoring. Ha.