Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
FromAtoZ
Three people hurt when a firearm accidentally discharged at a gun show.
January 20, 2013 at 12:38 AM

Quote:

Three hurt in firearm accident at North Carolina gun show

Reuters – 5 hrs ago

(Reuters) - Three people including a retired sheriff's deputy were wounded on Saturday at a gun show in North Carolina when a 12-gauge shotgun accidentally discharged as its owner was taking it out of its case, state officials said.

The incident comes as the country debates gun control and the rights of gun owners after a man armed with an assault rifle killed 20 first graders and six adults last month at an elementary school in Connecticut - the deadliest of a string of U.S. shooting sprees last year.

Saturday's shooting occurred when Gary Lynn Wilson, 36, of Wilmington, North Carolina, approached the entrance of the Dixie Gun and Knife Show in Raleigh to have his personal firearm inspected.

The shotgun fired as he removed it from its case, according to a statement by the North Carolina Department of Agriculture, a host of the gun show.

Two patrons of the gun show were injured - a 50-year-old man and a 54-year-old woman - as was a 54-year-old retired Wake County Sheriff's deputy who was working at the show. None of the injuries were life-threatening, the statement said.

"They all were struck by birdshot from the gun," said Agriculture Department spokesman Brian Long.

The incident coincided with a day of rallies across the country by gun rights advocates who say the right to own firearms is under attack from President Barack Obama's proposals to reduce gun violence.

On Sunday, gun control advocates plan events at houses of worship to demand more gun regulation.

The North Carolina gun show will go ahead as planned on Sunday, but no private gun sales will be allowed and personal guns will not be allowed on the property.

(Reporting By Edith Honan in New York; Editing by Cynthia Johnston and Eric Beech)

Replies

• lga1965
    by lga1965
    January 21, 2013 at 9:14 AM
    Lol...sure thing.

Quoting Imacakebaker:

3 in a row, during a debate about gun control.  Yeah, I smell three plants.  How long did we go without incident, then suddenly.... oh my shootings at big bad gun shows.  Give me a break.  I don't buy it.  I think they were planned.

Quoting lga1965:

Quoting Imacakebaker:

I smell a plant.

AT three different gun shows? And maybe more?

http://www.startribune.com/nation/187611351.html

LOL.....sidesplittinglaughter

Admit it, these people are not too smart. Gun Shows and the people at the shows are all missing a few marbles.Their elevators don't reach the top floor. The porch light is on ,but nobody's home. Their Happy Meal is missing a few fries. NOT playing with a full deck.

• AMBG825
    by AMBG825
    January 21, 2013 at 12:19 PM

I still would like to know the point in this particular story. Are the people posting these stories trying to say guns are bad and should be outlawed or that our right to peaceful assembly is bad and we shouldn't be allowed to congregate en masse anymore? Which amendment are these posters upset with, the first or the second?

• DSamuels
    January 21, 2013 at 3:55 PM

Your view of gun owners is really skewed. I don't know a SINGLE gun owner like that and I know many. Your fear of guns is not a healthy way to live either. 

And no, guns were invented for HUNTING, killing animals to feed their family. Guess what? A lot of people still do that and never, ever kill a person in their whole life. Imagine that! 

Quoting lga1965:

I have to say that stupid people who can't handle their guns don't deserve any respect. They need guns because they don't trust anyone and feel that there are threats out there . A a result,they feel a need to possess weapons. And they gather together and they show their weapons and they feel that they are a member of a special group. And they all feel the need to own or collect guns. Guns were invented to shoot and kill people. I don't see that as a respectable or mentally healthy way to live.

The people I like and respect are educated, hard working, mentally healthy ,intelligent people who are strong and trust people to such an extent that they do not NEED guns. THEY are the people I admire and want to associate with.

Quoting DSamuels:

And how many gun shows are there every weekend with NO incidents and NO injuries? Hundreds I'm sure, but they don't make the news.

I feel sorry for you, you have such a low opinion of people. WRONG.....No, I am NOT WRONG. You prove it every single time you talk shit about gun owners, claiming you and your family are so much better. No, you aren't. 

Quoting lga1965:

Quoting Imacakebaker:

I smell a plant.

Admit it, these people are not too smart. Gun Shows and the people at the shows are all missing a few marbles.Their elevators don't reach the top floor. The porch light is on ,but nobody's home. Their Happy Meal is missing a few fries. NOT playing with a full deck.

• lga1965
    by lga1965
    January 21, 2013 at 4:25 PM
    Duhhhh.
    I am not afraid of guns, just the nutcases that buy them to look macho and strong ....but they are afraid of people so they need that gun/security blanket. I know some hunters. That's fine if you hunt to eat but nowadays people want guns to defend themselves from the government too which is paranoid and stupid.
    got it?

Quoting DSamuels:

Your view of gun owners is really skewed. I don't know a SINGLE gun owner like that and I know many. Your fear of guns is not a healthy way to live either. 

And no, guns were invented for HUNTING, killing animals to feed their family. Guess what? A lot of people still do that and never, ever kill a person in their whole life. Imagine that! 

Quoting lga1965:

I have to say that stupid people who can't handle their guns don't deserve any respect. They need guns because they don't trust anyone and feel that there are threats out there . A a result,they feel a need to possess weapons. And they gather together and they show their weapons and they feel that they are a member of a special group. And they all feel the need to own or collect guns. Guns were invented to shoot and kill people. I don't see that as a respectable or mentally healthy way to live.

The people I like and respect are educated, hard working, mentally healthy ,intelligent people who are strong and trust people to such an extent that they do not NEED guns. THEY are the people I admire and want to associate with.

Quoting DSamuels:

And how many gun shows are there every weekend with NO incidents and NO injuries? Hundreds I'm sure, but they don't make the news.

I feel sorry for you, you have such a low opinion of people. WRONG.....No, I am NOT WRONG. You prove it every single time you talk shit about gun owners, claiming you and your family are so much better. No, you aren't. 

Quoting lga1965:

Quoting Imacakebaker:

I smell a plant.

• DSamuels
    January 21, 2013 at 4:30 PM

You have said many times that you are afraid of guns. Not buying your change of heart now.

Wow, I take back my criticism, I didn't realize you know EVERY gun owner in the US, wait, maybe the world and know how they think, why they have a gun and that they are paranoid and stupid. 

Quoting lga1965:

Duhhhh.
    I am not afraid of guns, just the nutcases that buy them to look macho and strong ....but they are afraid of people so they need that gun/security blanket. I know some hunters. That's fine if you hunt to eat but nowadays people want guns to defend themselves from the government too which is paranoid and stupid.
    got it?

Quoting DSamuels:

Quoting lga1965:

Quoting DSamuels:

Quoting lga1965:

Quoting Imacakebaker:

I smell a plant.

• celticwych
    January 21, 2013 at 4:40 PM

LOL I was going to ssay something similiar but I like the way you said it :)

Quoting illinoismommy83:

National news: Dumbass does dumb thing with gun.

This isn't a NEW occurrence. Dumb people existed long before the push for gun control started last month. Dumb people were not simply magically dropped on the planet a month ago.

• lga1965
    by lga1965
    January 21, 2013 at 5:39 PM
    I have noticed over the last few years that your memory is not very good so you just toss stuff out there and hope people will buy it. Nice try but once again.....wrong.

Quoting DSamuels:

You have said many times that you are afraid of guns. Not buying your change of heart now.

Wow, I take back my criticism, I didn't realize you know EVERY gun owner in the US, wait, maybe the world and know how they think, why they have a gun and that they are paranoid and stupid. 

Quoting lga1965:

Duhhhh.

got it?

Quoting DSamuels:

Quoting lga1965:

Quoting DSamuels:

Quoting lga1965:

Quoting Imacakebaker:

I smell a plant.

• FromAtoZ
    January 21, 2013 at 5:41 PM

Quoting Simmeringhearts:

The stupid is those in favor of more gun control.

Quoting kjbennett26:

Cant fix the stupid.... Yet another reason I hate NC

It is the way of thinking that is preventing, some, otherwise sane, people from being able to put their own stupidity and emotions aside and come to terms that can benefit, and be acceptable, to both sides.

This asinine thinking is comes from both sides, as well. 

• FromAtoZ
    January 21, 2013 at 5:43 PM

I asked this earlier and no one has answered so I am going to assume that those who have said the dumb ass in the story is some type of 'noob' are incorrect.

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts