Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
FromAtoZ
Three people hurt when a firearm accidentally discharged at a gun show.
January 20, 2013 at 12:38 AM

Quote:

Three hurt in firearm accident at North Carolina gun show

Reuters – 5 hrs ago

(Reuters) - Three people including a retired sheriff's deputy were wounded on Saturday at a gun show in North Carolina when a 12-gauge shotgun accidentally discharged as its owner was taking it out of its case, state officials said.

The incident comes as the country debates gun control and the rights of gun owners after a man armed with an assault rifle killed 20 first graders and six adults last month at an elementary school in Connecticut - the deadliest of a string of U.S. shooting sprees last year.

Saturday's shooting occurred when Gary Lynn Wilson, 36, of Wilmington, North Carolina, approached the entrance of the Dixie Gun and Knife Show in Raleigh to have his personal firearm inspected.

The shotgun fired as he removed it from its case, according to a statement by the North Carolina Department of Agriculture, a host of the gun show.

Two patrons of the gun show were injured - a 50-year-old man and a 54-year-old woman - as was a 54-year-old retired Wake County Sheriff's deputy who was working at the show. None of the injuries were life-threatening, the statement said.

"They all were struck by birdshot from the gun," said Agriculture Department spokesman Brian Long.

The incident coincided with a day of rallies across the country by gun rights advocates who say the right to own firearms is under attack from President Barack Obama's proposals to reduce gun violence.

On Sunday, gun control advocates plan events at houses of worship to demand more gun regulation.

The North Carolina gun show will go ahead as planned on Sunday, but no private gun sales will be allowed and personal guns will not be allowed on the property.

(Reporting By Edith Honan in New York; Editing by Cynthia Johnston and Eric Beech)

Replies

• FromAtoZ
    January 20, 2013 at 12:17 PM

Quoting illinoismommy83:

National news: Dumbass does dumb thing with gun.

This isn't a NEW occurrence. Dumb people existed long before the push for gun control started last month. Dumb people were not simply magically dropped on the planet a month ago.

Exactly.

I often wonder how many are running around, and running the gun shows.

• autodidact
    January 20, 2013 at 1:32 PM

so the guy who already had a gun he was bringing TO the show was a noob? 

Quoting momtimesx4:

Damn noobs....

Entire gun scare has brought out every tom, dick and dumbass who doesn't always know which is the business end of a gun and how they need to keep their booger hook away from the trigger.

Damn noobs....

Fucking boots fucking it up all the time (see who picks up on that phrase)

• blues_pagan
    January 20, 2013 at 1:34 PM

and people wonder why some are for stricter gun control...

• Veni.Vidi.Vici.
    January 20, 2013 at 1:37 PM

I read this my husband and he said "Unbelievable! Stupid people like that give everyone a bad name. He should lose every weapon he owns and his right to own guns based on his stupidity."

• HaileysMom07180
    January 20, 2013 at 1:40 PM

just some gun owners don't know how, we own guns and we are responsible with them.  we take them out quite often to target shoot, we've never had a mishap, a misfire or any other accidents.  we know how to treat the guns with respect and we never keep their clips in.

Quoting lga1965:

Oh goody. A "gun and knife show" in NC. Oh boy.But at least they are not allowing guns on the property on Sunday ( after this mishap)....which is a good thing since it looks like the gun owners don't know how to use them safely.

On Sunday, gun control advocates plan events at houses of worship to demand more gun regulation.

The North Carolina gun show will go ahead as planned on Sunday, but no private gun sales will be allowed and personal guns will not be allowed on the property

• Fushithedruid
    January 20, 2013 at 2:13 PM

ugh, i thought it was common sense not to have a loaded gun while transporting or otherwise, unless you are prepared to shoot. idiot. unless the casing was jammed (should've disassembled the gun so it wouldn't fire!), there is no reason to bring a loaded gun anywhere. he's going to be in huge trouble, not just for loaded gun in a public venue, or shooting 3 ppl, he shot a retired sheriff's deputy. this isn't going to be swept under the rug. idiots like this fool make the rest of us responsible gun owners look horribly bad, especially when gun control is such a hot topic. argh, and i thought a common rule among gun shows is no loaded guns on the premises. *smdh*

• momtimesx4
    January 20, 2013 at 2:28 PM

Be surprised how many people have jumped on the bandwagon in recent weeks that are noobs.  Many running out and buying guns for the first time, while others are digging in their closets for old guns they have but never used and want to be able to try to trade or sell them for more money than they would ever get at a "gun buy back"  When it comes to the all mightly dollar, people are idiots.

Quoting autodidact:

so the guy who already had a gun he was bringing TO the show was a noob? 

Quoting momtimesx4:

Damn noobs....

Entire gun scare has brought out every tom, dick and dumbass who doesn't always know which is the business end of a gun and how they need to keep their booger hook away from the trigger.

Damn noobs....

Fucking boots fucking it up all the time (see who picks up on that phrase)

• gammie
    by gammie
    January 20, 2013 at 2:33 PM

What's the differeance between a badly trained gun owner and a badly trained driver?

People are not  tring to band cars! But every minute of the day someone dies in a car accident .

your fear of guns (you people who hate guns) make you unreasonable.

• Euphoric
    January 20, 2013 at 7:06 PM

Oy

• stormflower21
    January 20, 2013 at 7:08 PM

LMAO-REALLY only in NC...some people don't know where the safety is... I mean really... And I live in NC-that's just sad-at least it wasn't serious injuries...And I don't like guns or own one-but my husband owns several-(I don't like it) but even I know better than to carry around a loaded gun without the safety on

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN