Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
sherry132
My sister wrote this about Gun Control
January 16, 2013 at 11:06 AM

The Second Amendment (Amendment II) to the United States Constitution is the part of the United States Bill of Rights that protects the right of the people to keep and bear arms. It was adopted on December 15, 1791, along with the rest of the Bill of Rights. The Supreme Court of the United States has ruled that the Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess and carry firearms.

If at any given point in history we lose our RIGHT our FREEDOM to keep and bear arms. We COMPLETELY lose our ability to fight against tyranny. IT DOESN'T MATTER who the PRESIDENT is... Whether it is President Obama, or any future leader/government of our country. We have no means to defend ourselves. American is not immune to tyranny. We have become an ignorant country believing whatever is fed to us through the screen. 

Read a biography on George Washington. Read about John Adams. Read about Abraham Lincoln. Freedom is worth a Facebook Post. Freedom is worth a fight! If you do not stand up and fight your children and grandchildren may live in a country where they are starved and enslaved. That is the reality and the TRUTH! 

The 2nd Amendment is not about shooting a deer! It is about FREEDOM to protect yourself from a GOVERNMENT who wants to CONTROL you! - 1st paragraph is from Wikipedia, the rest is by Donna Dalrymple. 

Replies

• jehosoba84
    January 16, 2013 at 11:09 AM

Eh. I don't need an assault rifle to protect my home. handguns are easier to aim and conceal anyway.

• rfhsure
    by rfhsure
    January 16, 2013 at 11:18 AM

yeah, this gun control thing is kind of over my head. the ratio of gun related crimes to fatalities from home invasions I can't imagine back up a need for regular people to have assault rifles in their homes. The 2nd amendment was written at a time when we did not have the weapon technology we possess today. Undoubtedly there were murders and vile acts commited with guns at the time, but not to the same level they are today. Solving the gun problem by giving people like teachers in school more access to guns doesn't really make sense to me. The need to cling to a gun is more out of fear of 'loss of a right' than it is in practicality. The majority of home invasions are petty thefts/burglaries, in which case I think it's more traumatizing to shoot the person doing it than anything else. If someone is invading your home to kill you and actively engage you in combat, the likelihood of you getting to your weapon in order to defend yourself is much smaller. If a person has a handgun in a shoebox in their closet then that's what they have. But I don't think my old ex-marine friend with PTSD needs to have an m-16 in his closet. I can't think of any valid reason a person should have access to military grade assault rifles for 'personal use'. I wouldn't have any problem if they didn't. You shouldn't fight violence with violence. It results in even more violence, go figure.

• 1REALQT
    by 1REALQT
    January 16, 2013 at 11:23 AM
    What people fail to realize is when things start being "banned" it means we are only that much closer to becoming a dictatorship rather than a democracy. People must understand what a "ban" means in any situation, not just regarding guns.
  • Farmlady09
    January 16, 2013 at 11:40 AM

It's a shame that more people aren't as well educated as your sister.

• stormcris
    January 16, 2013 at 11:44 AM

This is an interesting point and if we were going back to what was enacted after Reagan was shot I doubt you would have as many people upset about the current considerations. 

However the following picture are some that would be gone if Feinstein's bill were to pass.

glock sig sauer

Quoting jehosoba84:

Eh. I don't need an assault rifle to protect my home. handguns are easier to aim and conceal anyway.

• futureshock
    January 16, 2013 at 11:47 AM

straw man

• LuvmyAiden
    January 16, 2013 at 11:49 AM

I totally agree. Tell her to read this article. It is really good.

http://iwf.org/blog/2790321/The-2nd-Amendment-for-Non-Gun-Lovers

• jehosoba84
    January 16, 2013 at 11:56 AM

Quoting stormcris:

This is an interesting point and if we were going back to what was enacted after Reagan was shot I doubt you would have as many people upset about the current considerations. 

However the following picture are some that would be gone if Feinstein's bill were to pass.

glock sig sauer

Quoting jehosoba84:

Yikes! I recind my previous comment I did not know this. Now I realize what all the upheaval is about.

• candlegal
    January 16, 2013 at 12:10 PM

Yes it is

Quoting Farmlady09:

It's a shame that more people aren't as well educated as your sister.

• candlegal
    January 16, 2013 at 12:11 PM

Your sister is right.

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN