Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
Naturewoman4
What annoys, upsets, ticks you off or angers you the most?
January 11, 2013 at 5:48 PM

I'm basically a pretty calm & joyful indiviual.  I don't get upset that much.  But, I notice there are a few things that do get to me.  What things get to you the most?  Mine are:

1.  Driving & noticing someone's on their cell talking/texting.  Then on top of that, they are driving so crappy.  I want to honk or drive-by & wave my hand.  (signal to get off the phone).  But, I don't, I came close today though.

2.  Kids running around, playing with the toys in a store.  Once I saw this woman, she was talking to a couple of her friends/family.  Her child was throwing a fit.  I was standing nearby, & he just came up to me from the back & hit me. ?  The parent didn't do anything!  Not even a "I'm sorry".  OR make their child say "sorry".  The child continue throwing a fit, the mom continue talking.  Or when I see kids playing with a ball in the store or a toy.  Or kids alone in the toy section, while the parents aren't there. 

These 2 things is what really gets to me the most.  I guess, I could more.  So, I guess I'm glad it's only 2 lol.  Sometimes, I try to just ignore.  But, lately I find myself not being able to 'ignore' it. 

Replies

• Euphoric
    January 11, 2013 at 5:53 PM

Ooh good post. Let's see.... Bad/irresponsible drivers. Kids on bikes without helmets. Hotel guests that trash the rooms. Bullies, bigots, loud music, obnoxious teenagers.

• littleangie
    January 11, 2013 at 5:55 PM

People that try to dump their work on you, try to do as little as possible, but manage to make a lot more money than you. 

• littlelamb303
    January 11, 2013 at 5:56 PM

The driving thing, yes.  Lots of aggressive drivers here and it annoys me, so does tailgating. The only time kids get to me is if they are misbehaving in a diner etc... it annoys me that parents cannot control them.  My dd never ran around being rude, even when she was little.  They can be taught to behave themselves. I also do not like super judgemental people, when they know you are going through something they never have experienced and they start making comments about what you should have done, instead of listening > That  bothers me. Also, when I hold a door for someone and they don't say thank you

• FromAtoZ
    January 11, 2013 at 6:02 PM

I agree with you on the driving and talking/texting. 

When I see little ones not dressed properly for the weather.  Yesterday, while leaving the dentist, a mom and her little one were making their way up the stairs to the office.   He was probably about 3.  No jacket on, only a short sleeve t-shirt.  No jacket in her hand either.  It was all of 20 degrees.  Then, I noticed he had no shoes on, only socks.   He was telling mom he was cold.  She told him to shush and get moving.

Now, I realize that i did not know the situation and I merely judged on what I did see.  Even so, I cringe when I see children who are not dressed appropriately for the weather.

Teens, or any one really, walking and texting or otherwise on their phones and not paying any damn attention to where they are going.

Rude people.  There is never any reason to be rude for the sake of being rude.

Anyone smacking gum.  Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Kids running wild in any store.  

People eating in stores.  Meaning, grabbing some thing off the shelve while shopping and eating it.

Geesh, I could go on. lol  I am blaming it on the pain I am in, the headache I have and the pain meds.  

So there! 

*raspberry*

• Naturewoman4
    January 11, 2013 at 6:02 PM

Oh yeah I almost forgot, #3 would be 'obnoxious teens'.  What do YOU do about it?  Do you say something or do something about it?  It seems in a lot of situations, like we 'have to' just put up with it.  Like, when I 'see' drivers on their cells talking.  They are turning left or right, & they can just barely make their turn.  I get anxious, because I don't feel they are paying attention & they can kill someone, themselves (their passengers) or me! 

Quoting Euphoric:

Ooh good post. Let's see.... Bad/irresponsible drivers. Kids on bikes without helmets. Hotel guests that trash the rooms. Bullies, bigots, loud music, obnoxious teenagers.

• Naturewoman4
    January 11, 2013 at 6:06 PM

I know how you feel.  Once, when I was working for the schools, there was this one younger girl.  She was cute & always 'flirted & kissed up' to the Teachers or Principals.  (principals being a male).  She then never had to work that hard, always somehow was NOT around.  I was so happy when it finally caught up on her!  She worked for this one Teacher & she didn't get along with it & got fired!  The Principal too at the time (male) just didn't buy into it :)  yea!!

Quoting littleangie:

People that try to dump their work on you, try to do as little as possible, but manage to make a lot more money than you. 

• Naturewoman4
    January 11, 2013 at 6:15 PM

With the driving thing it's only the cell phones.  Otherwise, I just worried about trying to survive my outing for that day.  It's really amazing/shocking how when I go out, which it's for too long or too far, I feel like I'm on defensive.  It's like 'war' out there lol.  The kids thing probably bothers me the most.  Because, my kids never would act like that. 

If they got fussy, I would be out the door back to my car.  I don't just let my child kick & scream.  Then ignore them.  I would calmly leave the store, then take them to the car & have a good talk with them.  IF my kids acted the way I see A LOT OF kids acting, I would have my husband or he would automatically do it, (give them a GOOD swat on the butt).  Right there in front of everyone!  Luckily, we never had to do that. 

I also wouldn't like it if a person knows you're going through a 'tough time', yet are 'judgemental'. 

Quoting littlelamb303:

The driving thing, yes.  Lots of aggressive drivers here and it annoys me, so does tailgating. The only time kids get to me is if they are misbehaving in a diner etc... it annoys me that parents cannot control them.  My dd never ran around being rude, even when she was little.  They can be taught to behave themselves. I also do not like super judgemental people, when they know you are going through something they never have experienced and they start making comments about what you should have done, instead of listening > That  bothers me. Also, when I hold a door for someone and they don't say thank you

• TruthSeeker.
    January 11, 2013 at 6:20 PM

Autism Ignorance. I understand that if it doesn't affect you personally you are more than likely ignorant regarding all things Autism related. For the love of Bob, please educate yourself just a teeny tiny bit!!!!

People that care what type of weapon I own and keep in my own home!! None of your business.

My neighbor that rotates dogs in and out of his house as quickly as some people buy toilet paper.

My children interrupting me when I am on the phone.   

• Naturewoman4
    January 11, 2013 at 6:21 PM

AtoZ are you sick?  Did you catch the flu that's going around?  What type of pain meds. are you taking?  I worked for the school system for over 10 yrs.  We always kept extra sweaters/coats for that reason.  It's unbelievable how parents can put their kids on the school bus on a cold day, without a coat or sweater.  That's shocking though, no shoes!  Wow! 

To me IF I knew anyone, that I KNOW FOR SURE is doing this like a neighbor, I wouldn't hesitate to call CPS.  I would probably talk to them first, to make sure I knew their situation.  Maybe, offer to go out & buy their kids clothes or shoes.  But, if the parent got really rude with me....then I would call.

Quoting FromAtoZ:

I agree with you on the driving and talking/texting. 

When I see little ones not dressed properly for the weather.  Yesterday, while leaving the dentist, a mom and her little one were making their way up the stairs to the office.   He was probably about 3.  No jacket on, only a short sleeve t-shirt.  No jacket in her hand either.  It was all of 20 degrees.  Then, I noticed he had no shoes on, only socks.   He was telling mom he was cold.  She told him to shush and get moving.

Now, I realize that i did not know the situation and I merely judged on what I did see.  Even so, I cringe when I see children who are not dressed appropriately for the weather.

Teens, or any one really, walking and texting or otherwise on their phones and not paying any damn attention to where they are going.

Rude people.  There is never any reason to be rude for the sake of being rude.

Anyone smacking gum.  Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Kids running wild in any store.  

People eating in stores.  Meaning, grabbing some thing off the shelve while shopping and eating it.

Geesh, I could go on. lol  I am blaming it on the pain I am in, the headache I have and the pain meds.  

So there! 

*raspberry*

• Naturewoman4
    January 11, 2013 at 6:24 PM

Now......how many of us here admit we've done any of these things?  It's ok if you don't want to say.  From the list I put down, no I don't do them.  But, sometimes I find it kinda funny, when 'some' people answer a question like this.  Yet, they do the same things, they are saying that bothers them the most about other people.  lol. 

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts