Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
Naturewoman4
What annoys, upsets, ticks you off or angers you the most?
January 11, 2013 at 5:48 PM

I'm basically a pretty calm & joyful indiviual.  I don't get upset that much.  But, I notice there are a few things that do get to me.  What things get to you the most?  Mine are:

1.  Driving & noticing someone's on their cell talking/texting.  Then on top of that, they are driving so crappy.  I want to honk or drive-by & wave my hand.  (signal to get off the phone).  But, I don't, I came close today though.

2.  Kids running around, playing with the toys in a store.  Once I saw this woman, she was talking to a couple of her friends/family.  Her child was throwing a fit.  I was standing nearby, & he just came up to me from the back & hit me. ?  The parent didn't do anything!  Not even a "I'm sorry".  OR make their child say "sorry".  The child continue throwing a fit, the mom continue talking.  Or when I see kids playing with a ball in the store or a toy.  Or kids alone in the toy section, while the parents aren't there. 

These 2 things is what really gets to me the most.  I guess, I could more.  So, I guess I'm glad it's only 2 lol.  Sometimes, I try to just ignore.  But, lately I find myself not being able to 'ignore' it. 

Replies

• Debmomto2girls
    January 11, 2013 at 7:06 PM
    Oh and people who bitch to me about all the sucky nurses they have ever had but call me for advice when they are sick!
  • lga1965
    by lga1965
    January 11, 2013 at 7:10 PM

OH!  I just remembered something that really pisses me off---I wonder if it is just in my area or everywhere? Big trucks with LOUD mufflers! And occasionally little old beatup crappy cars too.They can be heard for blocks away and I have no idea WHY they want their muffler to be so noisy. When I lived in NC they would give tickets for loud mufflers. Noise pollution. Isn't it an indication of a bad muffler? a hole in it that might cause an accumulation of fumes in the car? I don't know.

Can anyone tell me WHY some guys want to make so much NOISE? It is not a turn on. Its not sexy. Its not MACHO. Not a sign of masculinity! IT makes me want to ...flip them off. But I would be afraid of retaliation.LOL.

• CDMelty
    by CDMelty
    January 11, 2013 at 7:11 PM

When people refer to things they get from welfare as free. "I get free formula from Wic" or "I get free insurance" from medicaid. It's not free; someone is paying for it. TANSTAAFL

When guys bitch about how much CS they pay or what it gets spent on, especially when they bitch that it gets spent on bills and not toys/clothes for the kids.

• Ms.KitKat
    January 11, 2013 at 7:18 PM

Up tight skinny bitches who drive big-ass suvs ( ie. Escalades- white ones especially) and they think they own the road.

• Paperfishies
    January 11, 2013 at 7:19 PM
    Child abuse
  • Ms.KitKat
    January 11, 2013 at 7:23 PM

Re obnoxious teens- I will do a "Hmmmrph" noise. However if they start using profanity and I have my LO with me I will speak up and tell them to watch t heir language as their are young children around.

Re: the texting drivers, I have pulled to the side of the road to let them pass. i'd rather they are driving ahead of me than behind me. I was rear ended about 2 years ago but a young adult who i swear was texsting and driving and never realized I braked.

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Oh yeah I almost forgot, #3 would be 'obnoxious teens'.  What do YOU do about it?  Do you say something or do something about it?  It seems in a lot of situations, like we 'have to' just put up with it.  Like, when I 'see' drivers on their cells talking.  They are turning left or right, & they can just barely make their turn.  I get anxious, because I don't feel they are paying attention & they can kill someone, themselves (their passengers) or me! 

Quoting Euphoric:

Ooh good post. Let's see.... Bad/irresponsible drivers. Kids on bikes without helmets. Hotel guests that trash the rooms. Bullies, bigots, loud music, obnoxious teenagers.

• Ms.KitKat
    January 11, 2013 at 7:28 PM

I will talk on my cell but it's on speaker. I will only text at a red light-otherwise I will pull off the road to text. These are only in emergency situations-like a crisis at work. otherwise, the world can wait.

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Now......how many of us here admit we've done any of these things?  It's ok if you don't want to say.  From the list I put down, no I don't do them.  But, sometimes I find it kinda funny, when 'some' people answer a question like this.  Yet, they do the same things, they are saying that bothers them the most about other people.  lol. 

• muslimahpj
    January 11, 2013 at 7:28 PM
    Lots of things.
  • TruthSeeker.
    January 11, 2013 at 7:32 PM

Annoying people that bump their music so every car in a mile radius can hear. Bass gives me migraines.

• TruthSeeker.
    January 11, 2013 at 7:33 PM

Door to door salesmen or women that won't take NO for an answer. I gave you your 5 minutes and listened politely, now GTFO off my lawn!!!

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts