Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
Naturewoman4
What annoys, upsets, ticks you off or angers you the most?
January 11, 2013 at 5:48 PM

I'm basically a pretty calm & joyful indiviual.  I don't get upset that much.  But, I notice there are a few things that do get to me.  What things get to you the most?  Mine are:

1.  Driving & noticing someone's on their cell talking/texting.  Then on top of that, they are driving so crappy.  I want to honk or drive-by & wave my hand.  (signal to get off the phone).  But, I don't, I came close today though.

2.  Kids running around, playing with the toys in a store.  Once I saw this woman, she was talking to a couple of her friends/family.  Her child was throwing a fit.  I was standing nearby, & he just came up to me from the back & hit me. ?  The parent didn't do anything!  Not even a "I'm sorry".  OR make their child say "sorry".  The child continue throwing a fit, the mom continue talking.  Or when I see kids playing with a ball in the store or a toy.  Or kids alone in the toy section, while the parents aren't there. 

These 2 things is what really gets to me the most.  I guess, I could more.  So, I guess I'm glad it's only 2 lol.  Sometimes, I try to just ignore.  But, lately I find myself not being able to 'ignore' it. 

Replies

• Naturewoman4
    January 15, 2013 at 12:45 PM

Yeah, I should of said something, instead of just walking out like I did.  But, I guess I'm always not wanting to blow up.  Which I think there's times when one needs to.  But, I don't do that often & I feel I might really blow up & regret something I've said.  As if being a mother isn't hard enough, I wish people would not say something that 'they feel' you are doing wrong. 

Quoting Mama_Of_Two2012:

oh I get that...My mo tells me every time she sees my ds that I am going to make him get teased at school because of his name and because his head is flat in the back because I don't rotate him (1 night on left side 1 night on back 1 night on tummy 1 night on right side and so on), sorry Dr said back only till they are ready to move. idk y she has to put in her 2 cents, she threw parties and did drugs when we were babies and i don't do either so wtf y does she have to comment on everything

Quoting Naturewoman4:

I was the last of 4 siblings to start my family.  So, it seemed that I was always made to feel that I was doing everything wrong by 2 of my older siblings.  Then when there were get togethers, they all would gang up on me.  One was on potty training.  My son was almost 3 & wasn't 'fully' trained yet.  They made several remarks about that once at a party.  Eventually, it just upset me so much, I took my family & left. 

Quoting Mama_Of_Two2012:

Trur. I dont bundle dh up that much her under jacket us usually something light weight then a rain jacket. She too gets ear infections super easy so i never forget the hat...gloves and under jacket...MAYBE hat NEVER

Quoting Naturewoman4:

I use to bundle up my kids so warm, when it was cold, it wasn't funny.  I mean they'd be standing outside not being able to move, because they had too much on.  lol.  My son had a lot of ear infections, so I always remembered that pain he was in.  Feeling helpless at times, making him feel better.  (except in & out of the Dr's, then finally get the tubes).  When in reality I believe that dressing your child too warm too, is not good either.  They're not able to resist the cold was well, when you dress them too warm.

Quoting Mama_Of_Two2012:

Me 2. I swore id never be but i sooooo am lol. I realize i didnt finish my last sentence.....it isnt really cold in her classroom but sometimes she is cold. Whitch ill never understand cuz classroomf is kept @ 75-80° and we keep the house about 70-75° lol

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Oh ok, sorry about that.  I think it's kinda cute though :)  I'm like that too, I was always a mother hubbard.  baby in sling

Quoting Mama_Of_Two2012:

No i make her werar 2 coats hat scarf and gloves. Her classroom isn't.SUPER cold but.

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Does that bother you that she wears 2 coats?  I hate to be cold.  Especially, with how cold it is lately.  I probably go overboard.  Because, I would bring a hat, gloves, scarf, coat AND sometimes a hoodie underneath.  I usually am the person that is dressed the warmest.  So much so, I get comments from other people in a store lol.  I think that's terrible that a classroom would be cold like that.

Quoting Mama_Of_Two2012:

This is prob over doing it however my daughter always wears 2 jackets to school...a light weight.one and a thick one..its cold in her class sometimes.

Quoting Naturewoman4:

AtoZ are you sick?  Did you catch the flu that's going around?  What type of pain meds. are you taking?  I worked for the school system for over 10 yrs.  We always kept extra sweaters/coats for that reason.  It's unbelievable how parents can put their kids on the school bus on a cold day, without a coat or sweater.  That's shocking though, no shoes!  Wow! 

To me IF I knew anyone, that I KNOW FOR SURE is doing this like a neighbor, I wouldn't hesitate to call CPS.  I would probably talk to them first, to make sure I knew their situation.  Maybe, offer to go out & buy their kids clothes or shoes.  But, if the parent got really rude with me....then I would call.

Quoting FromAtoZ:

I agree with you on the driving and talking/texting. 

When I see little ones not dressed properly for the weather.  Yesterday, while leaving the dentist, a mom and her little one were making their way up the stairs to the office.   He was probably about 3.  No jacket on, only a short sleeve t-shirt.  No jacket in her hand either.  It was all of 20 degrees.  Then, I noticed he had no shoes on, only socks.   He was telling mom he was cold.  She told him to shush and get moving.

Now, I realize that i did not know the situation and I merely judged on what I did see.  Even so, I cringe when I see children who are not dressed appropriately for the weather.

Teens, or any one really, walking and texting or otherwise on their phones and not paying any damn attention to where they are going.

Rude people.  There is never any reason to be rude for the sake of being rude.

Anyone smacking gum.  Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Kids running wild in any store.  

People eating in stores.  Meaning, grabbing some thing off the shelve while shopping and eating it.

Geesh, I could go on. lol  I am blaming it on the pain I am in, the headache I have and the pain meds.  

So there! 

*raspberry*

• Naturewoman4
    January 15, 2013 at 12:55 PM

But, you know what's funny about all that 'Science' & so-called experts.  They all seem to disagree, so then who do you agree with?  That is what I mean, it's a matter of what one believes.  Like, the Global Warming.  A Scientist can have all the Education in the World, yet somehow a lot of them disagree. 

As far as the two-faced & phoney comment, well I do agree that people like that really bugs me.  Although, I can see knowing in 'real' life when you see a person like this.  But, on the internet, imo it's harder to tell.  Sometimes, you can, but other times things can be just misinterpreted.  So then one (if they want) needs to dig deeper into exactly what that person is 'trying' to say.  At least that's want I think.  So, I don't necessarily consider anyone on the internet, as 2-faced & phoney.  At least I'm not sure, so I won't ever call them that or think of them as that.

Quoting Friday:

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Yes, I understand that Friday.  But, we're not speaking about the Earth revolving around the Sun.  I know there's certain facts that are fact.  But, most I believe are disbuted, so it's a matter of what one believes.  So, then it's unfair to call someone "ignorant, phonies, two faced, etc. etc.". 

Facts are misconstrued all the time imo.  It a matter of who is stating/writing it & what their agenda is.  Doesn't mean that article, stats., that are presented is true.  Lies are told all the time, to make a certain person or group of people sound better.

Quoting Friday:

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Ok Friday, I do see what you're saying.  But, I just don't think things are quite black & white.  By that I mean, how do we know those 'facts' are true?  I just don't feel people can say it's just 'BS' by sticking to what THEY believe in.   Who's to judge, what is true facts or not?  Really? 

Quoting Friday:

Phonies, people who are two faced and willful ignorance. Nothing ticks me off more than people who can have the facts in front of their face and still stick to their BS.

Some things can be a matter of opinion or belief but facts are facts and not subject to opinion. Like the fact that the Earth revolves around the sun.

When there's peer reviewed science to back it up, it's facts. When people make things up or assume to support their side it's different.

Yes, many things are a matter of opinion but facts are facts.

Two-faced and phony are completely different than willfully ignorant.

• Mama_Of_Two2012
    January 15, 2013 at 12:55 PM

Right I just look at my mom and say, McKayla is just fine and I did the same thing with her so just get over it. My mom was far from the perfect parent so i have no idea were she gets off telling me how to parent. I am glad I have my hubby to help me have a back bone with her. I try hard not to blow up but I am ferm and remind people I AM THIER MOM and I will do it mine and the dhs way

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Yeah, I should of said something, instead of just walking out like I did.  But, I guess I'm always not wanting to blow up.  Which I think there's times when one needs to.  But, I don't do that often & I feel I might really blow up & regret something I've said.  As if being a mother isn't hard enough, I wish people would not say something that 'they feel' you are doing wrong. 

Quoting Mama_Of_Two2012:

oh I get that...My mo tells me every time she sees my ds that I am going to make him get teased at school because of his name and because his head is flat in the back because I don't rotate him (1 night on left side 1 night on back 1 night on tummy 1 night on right side and so on), sorry Dr said back only till they are ready to move. idk y she has to put in her 2 cents, she threw parties and did drugs when we were babies and i don't do either so wtf y does she have to comment on everything

Quoting Naturewoman4:

I was the last of 4 siblings to start my family.  So, it seemed that I was always made to feel that I was doing everything wrong by 2 of my older siblings.  Then when there were get togethers, they all would gang up on me.  One was on potty training.  My son was almost 3 & wasn't 'fully' trained yet.  They made several remarks about that once at a party.  Eventually, it just upset me so much, I took my family & left. 

Quoting Mama_Of_Two2012:

Trur. I dont bundle dh up that much her under jacket us usually something light weight then a rain jacket. She too gets ear infections super easy so i never forget the hat...gloves and under jacket...MAYBE hat NEVER

Quoting Naturewoman4:

I use to bundle up my kids so warm, when it was cold, it wasn't funny.  I mean they'd be standing outside not being able to move, because they had too much on.  lol.  My son had a lot of ear infections, so I always remembered that pain he was in.  Feeling helpless at times, making him feel better.  (except in & out of the Dr's, then finally get the tubes).  When in reality I believe that dressing your child too warm too, is not good either.  They're not able to resist the cold was well, when you dress them too warm.

Quoting Mama_Of_Two2012:

Me 2. I swore id never be but i sooooo am lol. I realize i didnt finish my last sentence.....it isnt really cold in her classroom but sometimes she is cold. Whitch ill never understand cuz classroomf is kept @ 75-80° and we keep the house about 70-75° lol

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Oh ok, sorry about that.  I think it's kinda cute though :)  I'm like that too, I was always a mother hubbard.  baby in sling

Quoting Mama_Of_Two2012:

No i make her werar 2 coats hat scarf and gloves. Her classroom isn't.SUPER cold but.

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Does that bother you that she wears 2 coats?  I hate to be cold.  Especially, with how cold it is lately.  I probably go overboard.  Because, I would bring a hat, gloves, scarf, coat AND sometimes a hoodie underneath.  I usually am the person that is dressed the warmest.  So much so, I get comments from other people in a store lol.  I think that's terrible that a classroom would be cold like that.

Quoting Mama_Of_Two2012:

This is prob over doing it however my daughter always wears 2 jackets to school...a light weight.one and a thick one..its cold in her class sometimes.

Quoting Naturewoman4:

AtoZ are you sick?  Did you catch the flu that's going around?  What type of pain meds. are you taking?  I worked for the school system for over 10 yrs.  We always kept extra sweaters/coats for that reason.  It's unbelievable how parents can put their kids on the school bus on a cold day, without a coat or sweater.  That's shocking though, no shoes!  Wow! 

To me IF I knew anyone, that I KNOW FOR SURE is doing this like a neighbor, I wouldn't hesitate to call CPS.  I would probably talk to them first, to make sure I knew their situation.  Maybe, offer to go out & buy their kids clothes or shoes.  But, if the parent got really rude with me....then I would call.

Quoting FromAtoZ:

When I see little ones not dressed properly for the weather.  Yesterday, while leaving the dentist, a mom and her little one were making their way up the stairs to the office.   He was probably about 3.  No jacket on, only a short sleeve t-shirt.  No jacket in her hand either.  It was all of 20 degrees.  Then, I noticed he had no shoes on, only socks.   He was telling mom he was cold.  She told him to shush and get moving.

Now, I realize that i did not know the situation and I merely judged on what I did see.  Even so, I cringe when I see children who are not dressed appropriately for the weather.

Teens, or any one really, walking and texting or otherwise on their phones and not paying any damn attention to where they are going.

People eating in stores.  Meaning, grabbing some thing off the shelve while shopping and eating it.

Geesh, I could go on. lol  I am blaming it on the pain I am in, the headache I have and the pain meds.  

So there! 

*raspberry*

• Naturewoman4
    January 15, 2013 at 1:01 PM

That's right :)  There's times I know, that one needs to speak up.  To put them in their place.  But, I try not to make a habit of it, because whenever I do, I get a really bad stomach ache.  Then it lasts all day long.  I think it's harder when families live closer to

one another.  When my family seemed to all move away, I tell you.  It was SO much better lol.  All the get togethers stopped!  When I was raising my 2 kids, it was hard enough just to survive lol.  I mean, I just didn't like the 'drama' that family gave out.  All the talking behind your back. 

Quoting Mama_Of_Two2012:

Right I just look at my mom and say, McKayla is just fine and I did the same thing with her so just get over it. My mom was far from the perfect parent so i have no idea were she gets off telling me how to parent. I am glad I have my hubby to help me have a back bone with her. I try hard not to blow up but I am ferm and remind people I AM THIER MOM and I will do it mine and the dhs way

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Quoting Mama_Of_Two2012:

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Quoting Mama_Of_Two2012:

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Quoting Mama_Of_Two2012:

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Quoting Mama_Of_Two2012:

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Quoting Mama_Of_Two2012:

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Quoting FromAtoZ:

So there! 

*raspberry*

• EireLass
    January 15, 2013 at 1:05 PM

Martin Luther King day. It's a Federal Holiday.

I wasn't even talking to this woman about famous people. Just people in various professions. She believes that if you're a professional, you should always be dressed to 'the nines'. Polished shoes, makeup if a woman, suit if you're a man, etc. And none should have tattoos, or at least they should never be seen.  I'm in a lawsuit right now. One lawyer is a woman, does not wear makeup. the man dresses like a cowboy. haha. I have another attorney that drives his Harley to court, and does have at least one tattoo that I've seen. One of my doctors always wore flip-flops and she rides a motorcycle as well. My newest doctor, first time I met her, she had jeans and converse sneakers on. haha. This is not rinky-dinky town business. It's Boston.

I guess I feel if someone is very capable, very knowledgeable, very confidant, they don't need to 'put on'....they do just fine being who they are. It certainly makes me comfortable, and that's their job.

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Excuse me but what is MLK day & things are closed? 

I always felt that the ones that are 'secretly' the richest or smartest etc., can be the ones that hide their appearances.  I mean, they don't dress in a way one would think.  But, just being 'casual'.  I love it when they show actresses out in their 'normal' life.  Just trying to be a normal family.  It's always refreshing to see them just wearing a pair of jeans, no make-up on, tennis shoes.  I've seen Jennifer Garnier & Reese Witherspoon like that.  With their children.  I loved it! 

Do you mean tattoos, when you say tats?

Quoting EireLass:

Today...what's bothering me...I have a bunch of things to do, but it's MLK day and things are closed!! haha. People who determine a person's capabilities by how they dress, what shoes they wear, if they have tats, etc. Just had a rediculous conversation on CM with someone like this.

• Myke
    by Myke
    January 15, 2013 at 7:27 PM

Judgemental people that think they know everything about raising kids.  If your kids are perfect and sweet well YA-F*&$ING-HOO for you, some kids have issues and since you don't live in my shoes shut the F*%& up.  I hate going to the store with my kids because I get shit for trying to disciplining my kids, and I get shit for their behavior. I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't.   And to those of you that say, "leave the store immediately when the act up" I would never be able to complete a shopping trip and my family would starve to death.  People need to get of their high horse and stick it!!

Another thing is 2 faced people that say they're against racism and bigotry, but then turn around and start ranting about christians, I haven't ragged on anyone yet I am constantly bombarded daily on every social site I go to about how racist christians are.  Well kiss my ass!

People that chew with their mouth open or "smack" their food when they eat.

• Bieg9093
    February 20, 2013 at 2:49 PM

• TugBoatMama
    February 20, 2013 at 2:53 PM
    Everyone in my life that's older than me tends to want to run my life for me. I'm 30. I'm about to reach my limit with that crap. I should have already but I'm not really a confrontational person.
  • kaylasmom22
    February 20, 2013 at 2:59 PM
    People in general annoy me lol
  • lga1965
    by lga1965
    February 20, 2013 at 3:27 PM
    People who are obviously uneducated and prejudiced who don't realize how stupid they are.
    And mean people.
    And "should of" instead of " should have " .
    Those are a few...

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN