Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
purpleducky
Transgender Q&A
January 9, 2013 at 12:00 PM

Ok, someone bumped some old posts of mine that were questions (spin offs at the time if I remember correctly) in order to help some understand what it is like to be transgender. However, I thought I would do one better and do a Q&A. Ask me anything and I will do my best to answer it. I am transgender and am married to a transgender individual. I am female to male and my wife is male to female. We have been out for over 2 years now. 

Replies

• futureshock
    January 9, 2013 at 12:04 PM

When did you first think you were transgender?

• purpleducky
    January 9, 2013 at 12:06 PM

As a child I would wish God would magically change me overnight to a boy. I was like 5 when this began. I didn't learn the word transgender till I was about 13.

Quoting futureshock:

• futureshock
    January 9, 2013 at 12:11 PM

Quoting purpleducky:

As a child I would wish God would magically change me overnight to a boy. I was like 5 when this began. I didn't learn the word transgender till I was about 13.

Quoting futureshock:

So those feelings never stopped? 

• purpleducky
    January 9, 2013 at 12:11 PM

Quoting futureshock:

Quoting purpleducky:

Quoting futureshock:

So those feelings never stopped? 

Never.

• jlo1313
    by jlo1313
    January 9, 2013 at 12:12 PM

Are you happier going through the change?

• purpleducky
    January 9, 2013 at 12:13 PM

Yes!

Quoting jlo1313:

• jlo1313
    by jlo1313
    January 9, 2013 at 12:15 PM

Awesome!  I always wondered that about anyone that has undergone any change like that where they have fought with identity most of their lives, I just never had an oppurtunity to ask the question outside of close friends.

Quoting purpleducky:

Yes!

Quoting jlo1313:

• smalltowngal
    January 9, 2013 at 12:16 PM

Are both you and your husband on hormone treatment? I believe you've said you don't want to have surgery, since it's complicated, but what about your husband?

• purpleducky
    January 9, 2013 at 12:24 PM

We are both on hormones. We both plan on having surgery at some point. I am just hoping my surgery advances a lot more by the time I am ready for it.

Quoting smalltowngal:

Are both you and your husband on hormone treatment? I believe you've said you don't want to have surgery, since it's complicated, but what about your husband?

• smalltowngal
    January 9, 2013 at 12:34 PM

Is he planning on getting fake breasts? Have the hormones increased his breast size much? I suppose that sounds a little weird to ask. :/ 

Quoting purpleducky:

We are both on hormones. We both plan on having surgery at some point. I am just hoping my surgery advances a lot more by the time I am ready for it.

Quoting smalltowngal:

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN