purpleducky
Transgender Q&A
January 9, 2013 at 12:00 PM

Ok, someone bumped some old posts of mine that were questions (spin offs at the time if I remember correctly) in order to help some understand what it is like to be transgender. However, I thought I would do one better and do a Q&A. Ask me anything and I will do my best to answer it. I am transgender and am married to a transgender individual. I am female to male and my wife is male to female. We have been out for over 2 years now. 

Replies

• futureshock
    January 9, 2013 at 12:04 PM

When did you first think you were transgender?

• purpleducky
    January 9, 2013 at 12:06 PM

As a child I would wish God would magically change me overnight to a boy. I was like 5 when this began. I didn't learn the word transgender till I was about 13.

Quoting futureshock:

• futureshock
    January 9, 2013 at 12:11 PM

Quoting purpleducky:

As a child I would wish God would magically change me overnight to a boy. I was like 5 when this began. I didn't learn the word transgender till I was about 13.

Quoting futureshock:

So those feelings never stopped? 

• purpleducky
    January 9, 2013 at 12:11 PM

Quoting futureshock:

Quoting purpleducky:

Quoting futureshock:

So those feelings never stopped? 

Never.

• jlo1313
    by jlo1313
    January 9, 2013 at 12:12 PM

Are you happier going through the change?

• purpleducky
    January 9, 2013 at 12:13 PM

Yes!

Quoting jlo1313:

• jlo1313
    by jlo1313
    January 9, 2013 at 12:15 PM

Awesome!  I always wondered that about anyone that has undergone any change like that where they have fought with identity most of their lives, I just never had an oppurtunity to ask the question outside of close friends.

Quoting purpleducky:

Yes!

Quoting jlo1313:

• smalltowngal
    January 9, 2013 at 12:16 PM

Are both you and your husband on hormone treatment? I believe you've said you don't want to have surgery, since it's complicated, but what about your husband?

• purpleducky
    January 9, 2013 at 12:24 PM

We are both on hormones. We both plan on having surgery at some point. I am just hoping my surgery advances a lot more by the time I am ready for it.

Quoting smalltowngal:

Are both you and your husband on hormone treatment? I believe you've said you don't want to have surgery, since it's complicated, but what about your husband?

• smalltowngal
    January 9, 2013 at 12:34 PM

Is he planning on getting fake breasts? Have the hormones increased his breast size much? I suppose that sounds a little weird to ask. :/ 

Quoting purpleducky:

We are both on hormones. We both plan on having surgery at some point. I am just hoping my surgery advances a lot more by the time I am ready for it.

Quoting smalltowngal: