Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
CorpCityGrl
Published list of NYC licensed gun owners
January 9, 2013 at 10:40 AM

So, in response to NY's Westchester County posting the names and addresses of licensed gun owners, the website "Gawker" has posted the names of licesed gun owners in all the 5 boroughs of NYC.  Thoughts?

http://gawker.com/5974190/here-is-a-list-of-all-the-assholes-who-own-guns-in-new-york-city

Replies

• smalltowngal
    January 9, 2013 at 10:43 AM

Link won't work for me. I think it is dumb on many levels. 

• CorpCityGrl
    January 9, 2013 at 10:45 AM

Okay.  Fixed it.

• LauraKW
    by LauraKW
    January 9, 2013 at 11:04 AM
    I've said it before, I don't agree when names and addresses are published anywhere.
  • CorpCityGrl
    January 9, 2013 at 11:14 AM

Neither do I, but apparently many others don't agree.  I know it's public information, but just because it's public information doesn't mean that it needs to be publicated like that.  It poses such a safety issue, not to mention the fact that there are many celebrities and people with power and position who live in NYC and are on that list.  It makes people targets. 

Quoting LauraKW:

I've said it before, I don't agree when names and addresses are published anywhere.

• TruthSeeker.
    January 9, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Quoting LauraKW:

This. And this is also Why I am against gun registration.

• LauraKW
    by LauraKW
    January 9, 2013 at 11:22 AM
    I'm not against gun registration. I will say many people who are against gun registration - not saying you, I don't know your stance - but many were all for a national database of those with mental illness. Ironic.

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

Quoting LauraKW:

• TruthSeeker.
    January 9, 2013 at 11:36 AM

What?!!! A national database of the mentally ill? Hello! HIPPA!! Are there people that would really like to see that? I believe in privacy rights that extent past medical ones. It's no ones business what meds I'm taking anymore than it is what guns I own. And it will be a cold day in hell before I register my potato gun!

Quoting LauraKW:

I'm not against gun registration. I will say many people who are against gun registration - not saying you, I don't know your stance - but many were all for a national database of those with mental illness. Ironic.

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

Quoting LauraKW:

• jehosoba84
    January 9, 2013 at 11:38 AM

I'm thiking it puts the non-gun owners at more risk. What says "please choose my home to rob" better than a list of exactly which homes do NOT own guns?

• CorpCityGrl
    January 9, 2013 at 11:42 AM

Yes, it goes both ways.

This morning DH had mentioned, if anything, people would know not to rob a house with a gun owner because of the potential reprecussions. 

Quoting jehosoba84:

I'm thiking it puts the non-gun owners at more risk. What says "please choose my home to rob" better than a list of exactly which homes do NOT own guns?

• LauraKW
    by LauraKW
    January 9, 2013 at 11:44 AM
    That was a suggestion made by the President of the NRA on almost every national media outlet to help curb gun violence.

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

What?!!! A national database of the mentally ill? Hello! HIPPA!! Are there people that would really like to see that? I believe in privacy rights that extent past medical ones. It's no ones business what meds I'm taking anymore than it is what guns I own. And it will be a cold day in hell before I register my potato gun!

Quoting LauraKW:

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

Quoting LauraKW:

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN