survivorinohio
Sometimes I want to be really mean
January 3, 2013 at 6:49 PM

But I stop, think and breath and can usually stop it.  What do you do to settle down?

Replies

• AleaKat
    by AleaKat
    January 3, 2013 at 8:09 PM
    I have days when all I want to do is verbally beat someone to the point of making them cry....

I hold it in and clean instead.
  • survivorinohio
    January 3, 2013 at 8:12 PM

Quoting stacymomof2:

OP, I have never seen you be "mean."

I try to keep cool, I just put things in perspective.  I don't always succeed, sometimes it's OK to speak your mind.

I can be, but usually in a long winded way in real life an here too maybe lol.  I can really lecture and ground those kids though I assure you lol.

I often breath a bit after I say your grounded from_____  before I say for how long lol.  I want to say forever a lot lol.

• survivorinohio
    January 3, 2013 at 8:15 PM

Quoting AleaKat:

I have days when all I want to do is verbally beat someone to the point of making them cry....

I hold it in and clean instead.

I used to clean a lot to overcome different stress in my  life.  Still do some, when hubby came home from the hospital last yr I cleaned and cleaned and cleaned lol.

• autumn129
    January 4, 2013 at 7:49 AM

Meditate, prayer, and positive thoughts.

• Mom2Just1
    January 4, 2013 at 11:07 AM

According to my husband...I am too blunt to not be mean.  Whatever that means.  I try to hold my tongue and be nice.  

• Joqui
    by Joqui
    January 4, 2013 at 11:09 AM

Ohio I don't think you are capable of being mean.

I think sometimes I can be a total bitch and when that moment comes on I let it happen because a lot of times I am too nice. 

I am not good at learning how to settle down and not get angry ... I find myself going from 0-100 in less than a second, something that could have happened over a year ago will set me off. I tried anger management... ok maybe for just one day but it didn't really tell me any thing I didn't already read about lol

• Veni.Vidi.Vici.
    January 4, 2013 at 11:13 AM

Depends on who it's aimed at. If it's someone who has annoyed me or been abrasive repeatedly I usually crack at some point. If it's a person whom I barely know or I don't encounter frequently I usually suck it up.

• katy_kay08
    January 4, 2013 at 11:16 AM

well today, instead of being even a little mean, I'm going straight for the cookie AND an iced vanilla mocha.  I may even buy the person behind me a coffee just to help lighten my mood.  

• lizzielouaf
    January 4, 2013 at 11:17 AM

I usually go to humor instead of being mean, sometimes I try reason, sometimes I try killing them with kindness but I would lying if I said I've never gone to the mean side either. I'm definitely not above being mean but I do try the other things first. 

• Joqui
    by Joqui
    January 4, 2013 at 11:43 AM

oooohh can i have the coffee behind you?! =)

Quoting katy_kay08:

well today, instead of being even a little mean, I'm going straight for the cookie AND an iced vanilla mocha.  I may even buy the person behind me a coffee just to help lighten my mood.