Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
mommymanning08
Dad drinks while Mom is Pregnant..Fair?
January 2, 2013 at 9:56 PM

My husband I use to enjoy an adult beverage togther a few times a week..sometimes it was a happy hour drink or just a glass of wine with dinner. Now WE are pregnant and he doesnt understand that even though it may have been a stressful day at work for him and a glass of wine sounds great, I had the same amount of stess and can't have the relaxing glass of wine. I've metioned this to him and it didnt get a great response. Suggestions on explaing why this isn't fair? Or should I just drop it? 

Replies

• dustinsmom1
    January 4, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Quoting paganbaby:

I don't know about abstaining but I say it's not fair for him to drink in front of you.

If he wants a glass of wine he can go somewhere else then brush his teeth. It's not fair to you.

love you Pagen, but I have to disagree w/ this. He is not the pregnant one, him having a drink here and there will not potntionally hurt the baby. Life is not "fair" she needs to suck it up.

• paganbaby
    January 4, 2013 at 12:48 PM

Quoting dustinsmom1:

Quoting paganbaby:

I don't know about abstaining but I say it's not fair for him to drink in front of you.

If he wants a glass of wine he can go somewhere else then brush his teeth. It's not fair to you.

love you Pagen, but I have to disagree w/ this. He is not the pregnant one, him having a drink here and there will not potntionally hurt the baby. Life is not "fair" she needs to suck it up.

Love you to babe ;-)

But I have to disagree too. He needs to be considerate of his wife's feelings. Should he abstain the entire pregnancy? Of course not. But he should respect his wife enough not to do it in front of her or kiss her with alcohol breath.

Yes i know most women would be fine with it but he;s not married to most women. He's married to her.

• pamelax3
    January 4, 2013 at 2:27 PM

I would drop it

• PhoenixsMommy10
    January 4, 2013 at 2:28 PM

I don't see how it's fair for you to demand he give up anything.

• katy_kay08
    January 4, 2013 at 3:52 PM

"WE are pregnant"?  No, you both are expecting a baby but only one of you is pregnant.  

As for life being fair, who told you it was suppose to be fair?  

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts