Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
futureshock
Catholic Priest Claims 'Arrogant,' 'Self-Sufficient' Women Incite Domestic Violence
December 28, 2012 at 7:14 PM

Catholic Priest Claims 'Arrogant,' 'Self-Sufficient' Women Incite Domestic Violence

Piero Corsi, Italian Priest, Says 'Provocative' Women To Blame For Spate Of Domestic Violence (VIDEO)

An Italian priest found himself embroiled in a national controversy this week after a Christmas bulletin he posted in his church went viral.

Perio Corsi's flier, entitled “Women and femicide – healthy self-criticism. How often do they provoke?” claimed that women in Italy may be to blame for a spate of domestic violence attacks, Raw Story notes. Members of the priest's congregation then posted the text on the Internet:

How often do we see girls and mature women going around scantily dressed and in provocative clothes?

They provoke the worst instincts, which end in violence or sexual abuse. They should search their consciences and ask: did we bring this on ourselves?

The flier went on to decry "increasingly provocative," "arrogant" and "self-sufficient" women who abandon their children, don't clean their houses and serve cold meals.

Corsi is the leader of a church in the small parish of San Terenzo in northwest Italy, according to The Journal.

The Daily Beast's Barbie Latza Nadeau notes that this year 120 women have been killed in domestic disputes in the European nation, "a third more than last year." In fact, the problem has even caught the attention of the United Nations Human Rights Council, which urged the country to take action last June.

As calls for the priest to resign intensified, Euronews reported that Corsi issued an apology, only to quickly take it back. He also used an anti-gay slur when debating a reporter from Rai Radio, L'Huffington Post reports.

to read the rest:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/28/piero-corsi-italian-priest-provocative-women-to-blame-domestic-violence_n_2376702.html

Replies

• Debmomto2girls
    December 28, 2012 at 7:19 PM
    It's Italy and I'm betting he is old. Not surprising. My mom is all Italian and her parents were from Italy. They definitely had the "women should be barefoot and pregnant" mentality which my mother went completely against.
  • stormcris
    December 28, 2012 at 7:26 PM

LOL 

That was more of a disbelieving laugh.

Why is it always the evil of women and not the fault of the men.

• Aivlys_
    by Aivlys_
    December 28, 2012 at 7:30 PM
    Those are some primitive thoughts....
  • TruthSeeker.
    December 28, 2012 at 7:34 PM

Quoting stormcris:

LOL 

Men cannot be blamed! They cannot help it or control their genitals when a woman shows some skin. They are wild instinct driven creatures with no cognitive reasoning skills.

• Woodbabe
    December 28, 2012 at 7:48 PM

Spoken like a man who has never had to learn to love, grown and change to be a better partner for a beloved spouse. A wife would have knocked him sideways for saying that....lol.

• FromAtoZ
    December 28, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Coming from a Priest, this does not surprise me.

These men are, in no way, qualified to speak on many of the matters that they do.  They have no way of knowing what reality is and they have no way of knowing what normal, every day life is like.  They are not permitted to take part in the realities of life.

They are taught to think less of others, especially women.  They are conditioned to live in a world of make believe.  I am not talking about their love for God but of their lack of common sense and rationality when it comes to the real world that is all around them.

To say they are sheltered, inexperienced is an understatement.

• GLWerth
    by GLWerth
    December 28, 2012 at 8:30 PM

Of course, he doesn't speak for the church...after all, he's only a priest, they don't speak for the church.

Once again, I wonder why anyone would follow this church, given its stances on most everything. Do some women enjoy seeing other women abused? Or do they believe that women who get smacked around "had it coming".

• futureshock
    December 29, 2012 at 12:02 PM

Quoting stormcris:

LOL 

BEST      QUESTION      EVER.

• futureshock
    December 29, 2012 at 12:03 PM

Quoting Woodbabe:

Spoken like a man who has never had to learn to love, grown and change to be a better partner for a beloved spouse. A wife would have knocked him sideways for saying that....lol.

lol

• futureshock
    December 29, 2012 at 12:04 PM

Quoting GLWerth:

Of course, he doesn't speak for the church...after all, he's only a priest, they don't speak for the church.

Once again, I wonder why anyone would follow this church, given its stances on most everything. Do some women enjoy seeing other women abused? Or do they believe that women who get smacked around "had it coming".

Ok, that first part was sarcasm, right?

lol

I don't understand why anyone, especially a woman, would want to be part of this church either.

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts