Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
Jasminemomof3
Westboro, what you ladies think of this?
December 28, 2012 at 9:05 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/petition-urges-white-house-classify-westboro-church-hate-192906943.html

Can someone make it clicky?
I'm writing from my iPad :)

Replies

• Jasminemomof3
    December 28, 2012 at 9:06 AM
    Bump
  • yourspecialkid
    December 28, 2012 at 9:19 AM

They can petition what they want it is free speech....just like the folks at WBC can spew what they want.....the SCOTUS has already ruled what they spew as free speech.

• Jers.
    by Jers.
    December 28, 2012 at 9:20 AM

I signed that petition - I thiink they need to be categorized accordingly and do not deserve the tax benefits they have been receiving.  

This is petition is already the most popular one at the site, with the most signatures ever.

• Jasminemomof3
    December 28, 2012 at 9:25 AM
    Bump ladies :)
  • Jers.
    by Jers.
    December 28, 2012 at 9:25 AM

I am all for free speech, but these people are the most deranged "church" I've ever seen.

Their antics certainly fit the definition of a hate group, so they should be classified as such.

Quoting yourspecialkid:

They can petition what they want it is free speech....just like the folks at WBC can spew what they want.....the SCOTUS has already ruled what they spew as free speech.

• caito
    by caito
    December 28, 2012 at 9:31 AM
    I signed it :)
  • yourspecialkid
    December 28, 2012 at 9:31 AM

Quoting Jers.:

I am all for free speech, but these people are the most deranged "church" I've ever seen.

Their antics certainly fit the definition of a hate group, so they should be classified as such.

Quoting yourspecialkid:

So should we classify YOU as a hate group too?  The free speech door has to swing both ways...............unless you really want to give someone the authority to decide what is hate speech.....I am sure the folks at WBC would feel YOU are a hater.

This is WHY the SCOTUS said they are using their right of free speech.

I am not supporting the WBC...I think they are awful..........BUT I will...to my last breath...support their right to free speech.......lest I lose mine.

• katy_kay08
    December 28, 2012 at 9:33 AM

Some people have the most ridiculous ideas of what they can accomplish with these petitions.   

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN