Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
sweet-a-kins
Gas prices falling
December 10, 2012 at 7:18 AM

May reach $3.00 by Christmas

What's prices where you are?

Gas Prices May Drop Under $3 By Fall

Have drivers seen the worst? Analysts say the latest oil prices indicate that gas prices may settle below $3 by the fall.

With gas prices down 6 percent in the last month alone and down $0.49 since prices hit their peak in April, oil speculators like Tom Kloza expect to see the trend continue. "The market is suggesting gas below $3 by Halloween and certainly by Thanksgiving," he told USA Today.

Lower prices at the pump come just in time for summer's peak driving season. AAA projects 42.3 million Americans will travel 50 miles or more over the Fourth of July weekend -- nearly a 5 percent increase in travel from last year -- with 35 million choosing to travel by car.

According to AAA's daily fuel gauge report, the current national average gas price is $3.45 per gallon, and crude oil prices have fallen to $78 a barrel, the lowest since late winter, according to market reports from West Texas Intermediate.

While the earlier fears of $5 per gallon pricing have been called "apocalyptic," many consumers are still feeling pain at the pump. Patrons of stations in the South may have been seeing magic numbers like $2.99, but motorists on the west coast are seeing gas price averages hovering above $4.

Replies

• ambermario4ever
    December 10, 2012 at 7:19 AM

$3.20

• romalove
    December 10, 2012 at 7:19 AM

Cheapest right now is $3.23.  With my business, I like low gas prices because it really does impact things.

• motherslove82
    December 10, 2012 at 7:21 AM
    It's about $3.15 here. If the national average may go down to $3, then it will likely get below that here. Yay!
  • Simmeringhearts
    December 10, 2012 at 7:23 AM

$3.19 and way too expensive!

• sweet-a-kins
    December 10, 2012 at 7:29 AM
    Because of more fuel efficient cars we are now using 700,000 less barrels a year

With increased domestic production, the prices are dropping

Now they just need to take away speculation controlling the prices and I think we would get a fair price
  • candlegal
    December 10, 2012 at 7:48 AM

They were saying on the news last week because of the hurricane on the east coast that gas prices were falling.

• Roxygurl
    December 10, 2012 at 7:50 AM
    2.95 here in the Houston area, at least the city I'm in. The city 30 min down the road is 3.01.

The winter blend is out which means cheaper gas (no or less ethanol) plus people don't drive as much in the winter.
  • sweet-a-kins
    December 10, 2012 at 7:59 AM
    That is incorrect, I would like to see a link to your "news"

NY is till paying 3.86 and over for gas because of Sandy

Quoting candlegal:

They were saying on the news last week because of the hurricane on the east coast that gas prices were falling.

• candlegal
    December 10, 2012 at 8:06 AM

LOL you saying it is incorrect doesn't make it so.   It is kind of hard to link to something I heard on the news on the radio.  According to this article, that wasn't the case.

Gasoline prices expected to set record in 2012

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

That is incorrect, I would like to see a link to your "news"

NY is till paying 3.86 and over for gas because of Sandy

Quoting candlegal:

• rfurlongg
    December 10, 2012 at 8:09 AM
    $2.99 on Friday.

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN