Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
LauraKW
Random unknown movie recommendations
by LauraKW
December 8, 2012 at 12:35 PM
I was just responding in another post about cadence, and it reminded me of the movie Cadence. I don't think many people know about it, but it is an excellent movie that I highly recommend to everyone - not an appropriate family movie. Stars Charlie Sheen and Martin Sheen and the acting is outstanding, I was truly moved by the movie and think about it often. I watched it with my father and it was sort of a bonding moment for us.

Does anyone else have any recommendations for under seen movies they can share? I love to watch well made movies that go unnoticed by the mainstream. Cadence is worth your time. Come back and tell us what you think if anyone watches it.

Replies

• Paperfishies
    December 8, 2012 at 12:46 PM
    The squid and the whale
    Tree of Life
    Let the right one in
    Killer Joe
    Moonrise Kingdom
  • OHgirlinCA
    December 8, 2012 at 12:47 PM

Death at a Funeral... the original British version...

• Claire-Huxtable
    December 8, 2012 at 12:49 PM

Frailty

Ghost World

Garden State

Temple Grandin

• LauraKW
    by LauraKW
    December 8, 2012 at 12:58 PM
    Cool, I haven't seen any of those. I'll check them out.

Quoting Paperfishies:

The squid and the whale

Tree of Life

Let the right one in

Killer Joe

Moonrise Kingdom
  • LauraKW
    by LauraKW
    December 8, 2012 at 12:59 PM
    Is that a comedy? Sounds familiar.

Quoting OHgirlinCA:

• LauraKW
    by LauraKW
    December 8, 2012 at 1:03 PM
    I think I've seen Frailty. Is Bill Paxton in it? Matthew McC-I can't spell the rest of his name? Or am I thinking of a different movie? I haven't seen Garden State but I've been meaning to for a while. I don't know Ghost World and I believe Temple Grandin is about an autistic girl who went to college, is that right? Heard it was excellent.

Quoting Claire-Huxtable:

Frailty

Ghost World

Garden State

Temple Grandin

• OHgirlinCA
    December 8, 2012 at 1:04 PM

it is a comedy.  It is SO MUCH funnier than the American version.

Quoting LauraKW:

Is that a comedy? Sounds familiar.

Quoting OHgirlinCA:

• AlekD
    by AlekD
    December 8, 2012 at 1:04 PM
    Paradise Now
  • OHgirlinCA
    December 8, 2012 at 1:06 PM

The Power of One

The Power of One is a 1992 dramatic film based on the 1989 novel of the same name by Bryce Courtenay. Set in South Africa during the '30s and '40s, the film centers on the life of Peter Philip 'P.K.' Kenneth-Keith (Guy Witcher), a young English boy raised during the apartheid era, and his relationship with a German pianist, a black prisoner, and a boxing coach. Directed and edited by John G. Avildsen, the film stars Stephen Dorff, John Gielgud, Morgan Freeman, Armin Mueller-Stahl, and Daniel Craig in his first major film role.

• Claire-Huxtable
    December 8, 2012 at 1:06 PM
    Frailty did have bill paxon

Ghost World is a story about a girl who feels left out and her relationship with a much older nerdy guy, played by Steve Buscemi.

Temple Grandin was a great movie about her family and everything she did to become a leading expert in her field.

Garden State was a well done, quirky movie with a great soundtrack.

Quoting LauraKW:

I think I've seen Frailty. Is Bill Paxton in it? Matthew McC-I can't spell the rest of his name? Or am I thinking of a different movie? I haven't seen Garden State but I've been meaning to for a while. I don't know Ghost World and I believe Temple Grandin is about an autistic girl who went to college, is that right? Heard it was excellent.

Quoting Claire-Huxtable:

Frailty

Ghost World

Garden State

Temple Grandin

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!