Sekirei
Russian kids find escaped lion cub and take it along to school
by Sekirei
November 30, 2012 at 12:16 PM

Russian kids find escaped lion cub and take it along to school

They brought it to their teacher, who kept it in the gym while the police were called

Facebook
Twitter
StumbleUpon
Tumblr
Email
Print

Lion

DREAMSTIME

A lion cub like this was taken along to school by Russian kids and given to their teacher

MOSCOW -- Most primary school classes get a goldfish to keep, a hamster or a turtle if they're lucky – but children from one village in southern Russia got to play with a lion cub.

Children in the Rostov region found the 5-month old cub on the steppe Wednesday and brought it to their teacher, who kept it in the school gym, police said Thursday.

While waiting for police, children petted and played with the cub, named Barsik. One boy even tried to ride it like a horse while it mewled and swiped at the air.

The cub had escaped from a car on the way to a zoo in Dagestan in the North Caucasus. It has now been removed from the school and placed in a local zoo.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/kids-find-lion-cub-school-article-1.1210827#ixzz2Dj9DmeVl

Replies

• futureshock
    November 30, 2012 at 12:22 PM

cute!  I want one.

• wickedfiress
    November 30, 2012 at 12:26 PM
    I want to say "awesome" but my head just keeps yelling "Why the hell did the teachers let the kids play with it, try to ride it, etc?!?!!? Anything could have happened and this story would be do different."
  • PortiaRose
    November 30, 2012 at 12:27 PM
    Hahahahahaha!
  • makelineerror
    November 30, 2012 at 12:28 PM
    "Teacher, he followed us to school! Can we keep him?"
  • katzmeow726
    November 30, 2012 at 12:31 PM

Okay...as inappropriate as it is, there is an "in soviet russia...." one liner/meme to be found here....

• illegallyblonde
    November 30, 2012 at 12:55 PM
    Cute!