Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
muslimah
Man with Romney face tattoo to get ink removed
November 30, 2012 at 7:08 AM

Eric Hartsburg shows off Republican tattoo in support of Mitt Romney.  Hartsburg reportedly was paid $15,000.00 to don the ink.

ABC News

Eric Hartsburg shows off Republican tattoo in support of Mitt Romney. Hartsburg reportedly was paid $15,000.00 to don the ink.

So much for standing by his man.

Mitt Romney supporter Eric Hartsburg became a punchline earlier this month after getting the campaign’s logo tattooed on his face – only to see his candidate lose the election.

Hartsburg used eBay to sell real estate on his face, accepting a $15,000 bid in exchange for inking the Romney campaign’s signature red and blue logo onto the side of his face.

He defended his decision at the time, despite Romney’s loss to President Barack Obama, saying he was proud of branding himself for the Republican nominee.

MAN SCORES $15,000 FOR TATTOOING HIS FACE WITH ROMNEY LOGO

“I’m a tattoo guy and it was something fun. I wanted to make politics fun,” he told Politico earlier this month. “I didn’t change no lives; I’m no hero. But I shed blood for this campaign, and I’m glad to know that I did all that I could.”

But since then Romney’s post-election comments and has changed his mind, reportedly telling the politics site that he now plans to have the tattoo lasered off.

“It stands not only for a losing campaign but for a sore loser,” he told Politico. “He’s pretty shameful as far as I’m concerned, man. There’s no dignity in blaming somebody else for buying votes and paying off people. I can’t get behind that or stay behind that.”

He also seems to have spent some time looking in a mirror, and realized the bold tattoo is not his best look.

“You can’t walk around with a big ‘R’ on your face!” he said.

MAN WHO TATTOOED HIS FACE WITH ROMNEY LOGO GETS FLAK AFTER LOSS

The professional wrestler and registered Republican is taking tattoo removal chain Dr. TATTOFF up on its earlier offer to remove his tattoo for free, which he rejected just weeks ago.

He will start the laser removal process next week in Los Angeles, Politico reported, under the care of Dr. Will Kirby, who won the reality show “Big Brother” in 2001 and has since appeared on “Dr. 90210” and “Big Brother All Stars.”

Kirby estimates Hartsburg will need seven to 10 quick sessions over the course of a year to remove the tattoo.

Harstburg’s decision marks a departure from his remarks just weeks ago, when he told ABC News he was going to auction off space on his forehead next.

Now, he says, he may sell more space on his face, but he’s done with gambling on politics.

“I’m probably done with political tattoos,” he told Politico. “After it’s off, I’ll put the space back up for sale, but I might be a little more choosy about political tattooing.”

But don’t count him out for 2016 just yet. Hartsburg left the possibility open that he’ll change his ink policy if another candidate is to his liking, hinting, “But things can change, you know?

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/man-romney-face-tattoo-removed-article-1.1210326#ixzz2DhtRcDx7

Replies

• pamelax3
    November 30, 2012 at 11:42 AM

SMH!! I would have started the process the day after the election

• wickedfiress
    November 30, 2012 at 11:57 AM
    Idiot.
  • Raintree
    November 30, 2012 at 11:58 AM

It was just a matter of time, lol.

• LindaClement
    November 30, 2012 at 12:02 PM

Well... $15k is probably enough to get it removed...

• katzmeow726
    November 30, 2012 at 12:05 PM

Okay, Romney aside, it really isn't a good idea to get a tattoo supporting a candidate lol, at least not on your face.  It has to be on that list of those "do not get this tattoo" tattoos...  

• Sekirei
    by Sekirei
    November 30, 2012 at 12:11 PM

Quoting katzmeow726:

Okay, Romney aside, it really isn't a good idea to get a tattoo supporting a candidate lol, at least not on your face.  It has to be on that list of those "do not get this tattoo" tattoos...  

Maybe that is why Romney lost..

you know, that curse of tattooing your boyfriend or husband's name on you.. the relationship will end and you will have their name on you lol

• SEEKEROFSHELLS
    November 30, 2012 at 12:11 PM

I think a girlfriend or boyfriends name is kind of a slippery slope too!

Quoting katzmeow726:

• katzmeow726
    November 30, 2012 at 12:12 PM

Oh jeez, I didn't even think about that ROFL!!  

Quoting Sekirei:

Quoting katzmeow726:

Maybe that is why Romney lost..

you know, that curse of tattooing your boyfriend or husband's name on you.. the relationship will end and you will have their name on you lol

• katzmeow726
    November 30, 2012 at 12:13 PM

hehe, I know right?  

Quoting SEEKEROFSHELLS:

I think a girlfriend or boyfriends name is kind of a slippery slope too!

Quoting katzmeow726:

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN