Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
LucyMom08
Confettigate
November 27, 2012 at 4:20 PM
I know I'm late on this, but wow! That was a booboo! Anybody know any updates?

Replies

• Peanutx3
    November 27, 2012 at 5:14 PM

Huh?

• muslimahpj
    November 27, 2012 at 5:15 PM

confused

• StarburstKisses
    November 27, 2012 at 5:21 PM

o.0?

• krysstizzle
    November 27, 2012 at 5:31 PM

I do not understand. :)

• katy_kay08
    November 27, 2012 at 5:32 PM

crack is whack

• Veni.Vidi.Vici.
    November 27, 2012 at 5:49 PM

I'm gonna have to look this up now aren't I?

• Veni.Vidi.Vici.
    November 27, 2012 at 5:50 PM

my initial search proved futile

• Peanutx3
    November 27, 2012 at 6:08 PM

Look what I found:

Confetti made of confidential documents

Posted: Nov 26, 2012 3:46 PM PST Updated: Nov 27, 2012 10:07 AM PST

Nassau County Police department confidential information was shredded and turned into confetti for the Thanksgiving Day Parade. (Source: WPIX/CNN)
    Nassau County Police department confidential information was shredded and turned into confetti for the Thanksgiving Day Parade. (Source: WPIX/CNN)

NEW YORK (WPIX/CNN) - Some confidential documents not only saw the light of day, but rained down on those at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in the form of confetti.

A piece of it got stuck on the coat of Ethan Finkelstein's friend.

"She looked at it, she picked it off her jacket, and it says SSN, and then there's a number," said Finkelstein."We're like, 'That's really bizarre.'"

They found phone numbers, addresses, social security numbers, license plates' numbers and police incident reports on other strips of confetti.

Some of the confetti strips mentioned arrest records and had official police reports.

A closer look showed the documents were from the Nassau County, NY Police Department.

There was even information about Mitt Romney's motorcade from the final Presidential Debate, in Nassau County in October.

Confetti also identified detectives, some undercover, with their social security numbers, dates of birth and other highly-sensitive, confidential information.

When asked about the confetti, Nassau County Police said they're very concerned and are launching an investigation as well as reviewing how they dispose of sensitive documents.

• matofour
    November 27, 2012 at 6:10 PM
    It's insane!

I have no idea how they are going to fix this, and how much information was thrown out this way.
    It's scary!
  • katy_kay08
    November 27, 2012 at 6:12 PM

oops

Quoting Peanutx3:

Look what I found:

Confetti made of confidential documents

Posted: Nov 26, 2012 3:46 PM PST Updated: Nov 27, 2012 10:07 AM PST

NEW YORK (WPIX/CNN) - Some confidential documents not only saw the light of day, but rained down on those at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in the form of confetti.

A piece of it got stuck on the coat of Ethan Finkelstein's friend.

"She looked at it, she picked it off her jacket, and it says SSN, and then there's a number," said Finkelstein."We're like, 'That's really bizarre.'"

They found phone numbers, addresses, social security numbers, license plates' numbers and police incident reports on other strips of confetti.

Some of the confetti strips mentioned arrest records and had official police reports.

A closer look showed the documents were from the Nassau County, NY Police Department.

There was even information about Mitt Romney's motorcade from the final Presidential Debate, in Nassau County in October.

Confetti also identified detectives, some undercover, with their social security numbers, dates of birth and other highly-sensitive, confidential information.

When asked about the confetti, Nassau County Police said they're very concerned and are launching an investigation as well as reviewing how they dispose of sensitive documents.

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts