Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
candlegal
Is Chivalry Dead?
November 23, 2012 at 8:08 AM

Something I read this morning is making me ask this question.

Do you think Chivalry is dead?
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 51% - I think it is making a comeback
  2. 46% - I think it is dead
  3. 1% - what is chivalry?

Replies

• ms-superwoman
    November 23, 2012 at 8:11 AM

What did you read?

• candlegal
    November 23, 2012 at 8:14 AM

There was an article in my local Catholic newspaper that some Catholic schools are trying to bring it back based on young men respecting young women.  Still treating them as equals but also respecting them.

• mikiemom
    November 23, 2012 at 8:17 AM

where is the option where it is outdated. I think chivalry is an excuse to treat women as if they are the lesser being.

• mikiemom
    November 23, 2012 at 8:18 AM

why isn't it important that girls also learn that respect? Shouldn't the respect be mutual?

Quoting candlegal:

There was an article in my local Catholic newspaper that some Catholic schools are trying to bring it back based on young men respecting young women.  Still treating them as equals but also respecting them.

• mamoore83
    November 23, 2012 at 8:21 AM
    I'm trying to teach my son our definition of chivalry. Women are strong and can do anything a man can do, but open doors help them carry stuff be respectful. I'm teaching him to be respectful with everyone though.
  • candlegal
    November 23, 2012 at 8:24 AM

they are teaching the girls that respect also, but this post is about chivalry.

Quoting mikiemom:

why isn't it important that girls also learn that respect? Shouldn't the respect be mutual?

Quoting candlegal:

• mikiemom
    November 23, 2012 at 8:27 AM

As I stated, I believe chivalry is an excuse to teach men that women are lesser and to teach women that they should bow down to men. sick in my personal opinion.

Quoting candlegal:

Quoting mikiemom:

Quoting candlegal:

• owl0210
    by owl0210
    November 23, 2012 at 8:29 AM
    Yes it is dead. I'm all for strong independent women but some men don't want to open doors, pay for dates and court women anymore.
  • candlegal
    November 23, 2012 at 8:30 AM

LOL, of course you do.

Quoting mikiemom:

As I stated, I believe chivalry is an excuse to teach men that women are lesser and to teach women that they should bow down to men. sick in my personal opinion.

Quoting candlegal:

Quoting mikiemom:

Quoting candlegal:

• candlegal
    November 23, 2012 at 8:31 AM

could be because for 30 or so years they have been ridiculed for doing so.

Quoting owl0210:

Yes it is dead. I'm all for strong independent women but some men don't want to open doors, pay for dates and court women anymore.

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN