gypsy_rose
woman disrespecting military burial grounds is FIRED
November 21, 2012 at 9:03 PM

Woman fired after taking disrespectful photo next to soldier's grave

by KMOV.com Staff

KMOV.com

Posted on November 21, 2012 at 4:40 PM

Updated today at 7:50 PM

(KMOV.com) -- A woman in Massachusetts has lost her job after a Facebook photo of her acting disrespectful in Arlington National Cemetery got the internet riled up.

According to the New York Daily News, Lindsey Stone was on a work trip to Arlington when she took a photo brandishing the middle finger and pretending to scream next to the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. She did so next to a sign that was asking for “silence and respect.”

The photo spread across the internet, and calls for Stone’s firing quickly followed. There was even a Facebook page dedicated to getting her terminated, which has racked up over 23,000 likes.

The Daily News reports she worked for a non-profit called LIFE, where she helped adults with disabilities.

Stone and the employee who took the photo were placed on unpaid leave while LIFE investigated the incident.

http://www.kmov.com/news/local/Woman-takes-disrespectful-photo-next-to-soldiers-grave-Internet-calls-for-her-firing-180428331.html

We wish to announce that the two employees recently involved in the Arlington Cemetery incident are no longer employees of LIFE. Again, we deeply regret any disrespect to members of the military and their families. The incident and publicity has been very upsetting to the learning disabled population we serve. To protect our residents, any comments, however well-intentioned, will be deleted. We appreciate your concern and understanding as we focus on the care of our community.

http://www.facebook.com/LIFECapeCod

Replies

• teri4lance
    November 21, 2012 at 9:06 PM
    What an asshole
  • gypsy_rose
    November 21, 2012 at 9:08 PM

what is sad is that she is friggin 30 years old. She can't use the "i'm to young to know better" excuse (though I don't think anyone should get away with crap like this.)

• r_luvli
    by r_luvli
    November 21, 2012 at 9:14 PM
    I think she got what she deserved.
  • blues_pagan
    November 21, 2012 at 9:19 PM

Good, she should have been an adult about it instead of a stupid immature bitch.

• Mipsy
    by Mipsy
    November 22, 2012 at 2:10 AM
    Geez, how stupid can people get? I admit, if she were on personal vacation I would think firing her is stupid. but she was on a work trip, she's representing their company. Oy people are dumb
  • Mommy_of_Riley
    Jes
    November 22, 2012 at 2:18 AM
    Good.
  • DawnPratt23
    November 22, 2012 at 3:57 AM
    Good.
  • turtle68
    November 22, 2012 at 5:20 AM

how is that a grave...its a sign post?

Why should the photographer get fired...she may not of known that she was going to do that?

• Oddy_Knocky
    November 22, 2012 at 5:47 AM
    Well, people got what they wanted - her head on a platter.

What an idiotic thing to do.
  • Mommy_of_Riley
    Jes
    November 22, 2012 at 6:05 AM
    It's the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier and the sign is right in front of it. It is a HUGE tomb honoring all fallen soldiers from all wars who die and are unidentified.

She and the photographer were there working when they decided to have "some fun" and be immature fools. What they did is not considered "in line" with their company's standards so they were fired.

I agree with the company.

Quoting turtle68:

how is that a grave...its a sign post?

Why should the photographer get fired...she may not of known that she was going to do that?

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN