Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
muslimahpj
12 ways to Occupy Black Friday
November 19, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Replies

• mehamil1
    November 19, 2012 at 7:46 PM

I'm not buying anything. I almost never do. 

• dustinsmom1
    November 19, 2012 at 9:29 PM

A Walmart strike? How stupid, I hope they all lose their jobs. My SO wont be striking, he needs his job. You have a choice, if you don't want to work holidays, weekends, nights etc...don't work retail.

• jcrew6
    by jcrew6
    November 19, 2012 at 9:46 PM

Economic advice from codepink.  Lol.  

• stacymomof2
    November 19, 2012 at 9:47 PM

I avoid shopping like the plague on Black Friday.  I would rather be poked in the eye with a sharp stick than go to a crowded store in the middle of the night to fight for a deal on something I don't really need.  

We have a "home-made presents only" rule for my extended family.  I will get my kids and hubs few things but I don't get crazy, and we don't do Santa because the kids and hubs are Muslim.  So basically I just make chocolate covered toffee for three days straight, and spend an afternoon picking gifts for the girls and hubs and that's it.

It's very relaxing, actually.

• muslimahpj
    November 19, 2012 at 10:08 PM

I refuse to go to the stores on black friday and I am going to do my best to stay out of them until after the new year.

Quoting stacymomof2:

I avoid shopping like the plague on Black Friday.  I would rather be poked in the eye with a sharp stick than go to a crowded store in the middle of the night to fight for a deal on something I don't really need.  

We have a "home-made presents only" rule for my extended family.  I will get my kids and hubs few things but I don't get crazy, and we don't do Santa because the kids and hubs are Muslim.  So basically I just make chocolate covered toffee for three days straight, and spend an afternoon picking gifts for the girls and hubs and that's it.

• UpSheRises
    November 19, 2012 at 10:13 PM

I'm going to work on Friday, without pay, to make care packages for families.

Waaaay better than getting a good deal on an hdtv or BOGO at bath and body works. 

• UpSheRises
    November 19, 2012 at 10:15 PM

Me too. I'm shooting for groceries only.

I tried to institute to handmade only rule as well but my family is full of lazy losers.

Quoting muslimahpj:

I refuse to go to the stores on black friday and I am going to do my best to stay out of them until after the new year.

Quoting stacymomof2:

• Carpy
    by Carpy
    November 19, 2012 at 10:18 PM

I will be working and hopefully having a busy day.

• romalove
    November 19, 2012 at 10:19 PM

I can't do homemade gifts.

I don't know how to make a computer, and that's what they need this year, computers.

Anyway, I don't like to shop on Black Friday, so I will be home decorating.  We are getting the carpets cleaned.

Oh the fun we will have....

• ChancesMommy07
    November 19, 2012 at 10:21 PM
    There is not a deal out there that will get me out of my house on Black Friday. I'd rather pay full price than deal with the nonsense and chaos.

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts