Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
muslimahpj
12 ways to Occupy Black Friday
November 19, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Replies

• mehamil1
    November 19, 2012 at 7:46 PM

I'm not buying anything. I almost never do. 

• dustinsmom1
    November 19, 2012 at 9:29 PM

A Walmart strike? How stupid, I hope they all lose their jobs. My SO wont be striking, he needs his job. You have a choice, if you don't want to work holidays, weekends, nights etc...don't work retail.

• jcrew6
    by jcrew6
    November 19, 2012 at 9:46 PM

Economic advice from codepink.  Lol.  

• stacymomof2
    November 19, 2012 at 9:47 PM

I avoid shopping like the plague on Black Friday.  I would rather be poked in the eye with a sharp stick than go to a crowded store in the middle of the night to fight for a deal on something I don't really need.  

We have a "home-made presents only" rule for my extended family.  I will get my kids and hubs few things but I don't get crazy, and we don't do Santa because the kids and hubs are Muslim.  So basically I just make chocolate covered toffee for three days straight, and spend an afternoon picking gifts for the girls and hubs and that's it.

It's very relaxing, actually.

• muslimahpj
    November 19, 2012 at 10:08 PM

I refuse to go to the stores on black friday and I am going to do my best to stay out of them until after the new year.

Quoting stacymomof2:

I avoid shopping like the plague on Black Friday.  I would rather be poked in the eye with a sharp stick than go to a crowded store in the middle of the night to fight for a deal on something I don't really need.  

We have a "home-made presents only" rule for my extended family.  I will get my kids and hubs few things but I don't get crazy, and we don't do Santa because the kids and hubs are Muslim.  So basically I just make chocolate covered toffee for three days straight, and spend an afternoon picking gifts for the girls and hubs and that's it.

• UpSheRises
    November 19, 2012 at 10:13 PM

I'm going to work on Friday, without pay, to make care packages for families.

Waaaay better than getting a good deal on an hdtv or BOGO at bath and body works. 

• UpSheRises
    November 19, 2012 at 10:15 PM

Me too. I'm shooting for groceries only.

I tried to institute to handmade only rule as well but my family is full of lazy losers.

Quoting muslimahpj:

I refuse to go to the stores on black friday and I am going to do my best to stay out of them until after the new year.

Quoting stacymomof2:

• Carpy
    by Carpy
    November 19, 2012 at 10:18 PM

I will be working and hopefully having a busy day.

• romalove
    November 19, 2012 at 10:19 PM

I can't do homemade gifts.

I don't know how to make a computer, and that's what they need this year, computers.

Anyway, I don't like to shop on Black Friday, so I will be home decorating.  We are getting the carpets cleaned.

Oh the fun we will have....

• ChancesMommy07
    November 19, 2012 at 10:21 PM
    There is not a deal out there that will get me out of my house on Black Friday. I'd rather pay full price than deal with the nonsense and chaos.

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN