Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
Cafe MichelleP
What Do You Think of All The Sex Scandals in the News Lately?
November 16, 2012 at 10:47 AM

Waffle House CEO Says He's Being Blackmailed, But Accuser Has Secret Sex Tapes

Posted by Jennifer Lawinski

Waffle HouseWhen I think of Waffle House, I think of breakfast. I don't think of sex tapes and blackmail and secret affairs. But, I guess I wasn't aiming high enough, because Waffle House seems to have so much more to offer. In what's turning into a pretty weird and vicious game of he-said/she-said, the Waffle House CEO accused of sexually harassing his housekeeper for a decade says she's crying wolf. However, he may have been caught on tape. D'oh.

Lawyers for the woman, who alleges that Waffle House CEO Joe Rogers Jr. sexually harassed her and forced her to perform sex acts to keep her job for nearly a decade, turned over DVDs she made in secret. Meanwhile, Rogers is calming that the woman tried to extort millions from him and is crying blackmail and claiming everything was consensual. Whaaaaat? Pass the maple syrup, please. Looks like things are just getting started.

When the allegations surfaced last week, it painted a pretty sleazy picture of the Waffle House exec. The woman says she kept the job (and dealt with his advances) because she was a single mother and had to take care of her son. Now that he's got a college scholarship, she could speak up. My heart went out to the woman.

Rogers is claiming she said yes all along and that she and her lawyers sent a threatening blackmail letter, which certainly complicates the picture. But ... but why would she turn over sex tapes to the courts, tapes that are being kept private for now, if they didn't support her claims? That doesn't really make sense. Why would you turn over tapes that would ruin your case against someone who, if guilty, abused his authority and his power in such a disgusting way?

You wouldn't. Would you? I'm also so curious to know what's in this letter Rogers claims he was sent that he's calling "extortion."

I know we're all innocent until proven guilty, but this story totally skeeves me out. Shudder. But I kind of can't wait to see what happens next.

Do you think the sex tapes will prove that Waffle House CEO Joe Rogers Jr. is guilty or innocent?

What do you make of all the sex scandals in the news recently?

Replies

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN