Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
mikiemom
Petraeus to testify at Benghazi hearing - so what's the conspiracy now????
November 14, 2012 at 12:08 PM

Former CIA Director David Petraeus will testify Thursday about the attack on the U.S. diplomatic mission in Benghazi before the Senate Intelligence Committee, a veteran senator confirmed to NBC News Wednesday.

The Thursday hearing will be the first formal congressional inquiry into the September attack that killed U.S. Ambassador in Libya Chris Stevens and three others.

Petraeus resigned as head of the CIA last week after admitting an affair.

Military analyst Col. Jack Jacobs (Ret.) said the sex scandal will affect the way Petraeus is questioned by Congress, because members were kept in the dark about the FBI inquiry that led to his resignation.

"It will be interesting to see what tenor it takes and what the senators and congressmen, assuming he gets before both houses, have to say before talking to him. As you know, these hearings have a tendency to be less a question and answer period than it is an opportunity for the members to vent their spleen or talk about what they want to, so that part will be very, very interesting,” Jacobs said.

“In terms of extracting real information about what actually took place and what role the CIA had in what took place in Benghazi, I believe that investigation will determine that they had no role, that by the time the CIA could do anything, it was all over.”

Related content from NBCNews.com:

Replies

• mehamil1
    November 14, 2012 at 2:55 PM

You don't say!

• shimamab
    November 14, 2012 at 3:08 PM

• FromAtoZ
    November 14, 2012 at 3:11 PM

BUMP!

• EireLass
    November 14, 2012 at 3:19 PM

Then what is he having to testify for?

Quoting mikiemom:

Oh no, there were ladies saying this affair thing was a cover up so he wouldn't have to testify before congress. When the truth is, he will have to testify but the point is moot because the CIA knew nothing before the incident.

I agree, if she had unauthorized access to classified information they should all fry. Another issue is the fact that he was susceptible to blackmail because of this affair.

A Senior Military and Government leader having an Affair is nothing new unfortunately.

Quoting timeforprogress:

I don't even think the issue is his affair, but instead the issue is in how close he allowed his mistress to be to sensitive information.

Quoting mikiemom:

“In terms of extracting real information about what actually took place and what role the CIA had in what took place in Benghazi, I believe that investigation will determine that they had no role, that by the time the CIA could do anything, it was all over.” It looks like the CIO knew nothing about Benghazi until after the fact. Sorry ladies it appears that this really just is a case of another man in power get caught with his pants down.
  • mikiemom
    November 14, 2012 at 4:05 PM

I believe to appease the wackadoodles who think this came out because of Benghazi - sometimes it really is just about the sex.

Quoting EireLass:

Then what is he having to testify for?

Quoting mikiemom:

Oh no, there were ladies saying this affair thing was a cover up so he wouldn't have to testify before congress. When the truth is, he will have to testify but the point is moot because the CIA knew nothing before the incident.

I agree, if she had unauthorized access to classified information they should all fry. Another issue is the fact that he was susceptible to blackmail because of this affair.

A Senior Military and Government leader having an Affair is nothing new unfortunately.

Quoting timeforprogress:

I don't even think the issue is his affair, but instead the issue is in how close he allowed his mistress to be to sensitive information.

Quoting mikiemom:

“In terms of extracting real information about what actually took place and what role the CIA had in what took place in Benghazi, I believe that investigation will determine that they had no role, that by the time the CIA could do anything, it was all over.” It looks like the CIO knew nothing about Benghazi until after the fact. Sorry ladies it appears that this really just is a case of another man in power get caught with his pants down.

• mikiemom
    November 15, 2012 at 8:31 AM
    bump for the ladies who insist there is a conspiracy

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts