Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
Debmomto2girls
Would you let a 14 y.o. do this?
November 14, 2012 at 7:50 AM

My dd is 14 and goes to a performing arts high school.  She gets striaght A's and follows the rules.  She hasn't asked me to date and loves to go out with friends. I have let her get her ears pierced and she now has three holes. SHe asked me to get the underside of her hair (which is long and curly) dyed red. So, I let her.  My MIL flipped out. She said between the ear peircings and now getting her hair dyed she is going to look like a "hood". Another mom said she would never let he dd dye her hair until she was 18.

My opinion is she is a good kid and wants to have some fun with her appearance. This is the time to do it.

THoughts?

Replies

• Pema_Jampa
    November 15, 2012 at 1:05 PM

Trust me let her get it out of her system now. I wasn't allowed to do anything and when I finally could move out well let's just say crazy hair, tats, piercings and experimentation was all I did. 

• Pema_Jampa
    November 15, 2012 at 1:08 PM

Let her express herself while teaching her limits and responsibility. Everything in moderation. Let her live a bit now cause once she is older she won't be able to do all that anymore. She will be in school and or working and will need to be a responsible adult. I hope what I said makes sense.

• Debmomto2girls
    November 15, 2012 at 1:40 PM
    Quoting EireLass:

just wanted to hear other opinions.
  • lazyd
    by lazyd
    November 15, 2012 at 6:19 PM

I think what your daughter did is just fine.  My daughter did the same thing and is an honors student.  Transforming your body does not suddenly make you "dumb"!  My parents also didnt like what my daughter started wearing....saying she was turning "goth"....but ive seen "goth" and she was not doing that....she was wearing a couple of black shirts or black pants (not all the time) and that suddenly made her "goth".  Old fashioned parents is what your MIL is!  My parents are also 'old fashioned'.  NOW if your daughter started flunking all her classes than maybe she did get too many holes in her head!  Just kidding!  LOL!    :)

• katzmeow726
    November 15, 2012 at 6:23 PM

Sure would...she's expressing herself and having fun.  As long as the school permits it, I wouldn't have an issue.  And sorry, but that look isn't exactly what I would think of as "hood."

More like punk...which I like lol 

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN