Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
Arroree
Frustrating Pregnancy Test Question
by Arroree
November 10, 2012 at 11:43 PM

Ok so this is an irritation for me since it should be a no brainer but it turns out it isn't as simple as i used to think.  So here goes.

When i tested for my first son the home test showed very VERY fast and clear that it was positive, two very dark lines for pregnant, yet when i had my doc do the blood test it showed negative and i didn't show positive until almost 3 weeks later on my blood test.

When i tested with my younger son the test showed negative for over an hour before a faint line showed for positive, and when i say faint i mean so faint it was almost invisible. So i went to my doc and she did the blood test and it was positive, so yay preggers.

So here's my problem. I tested two mornings ago since i've been feeling nauseated and just blah lately and threw up the other night *i NEVER throw up when not preg*  but it came up negative so i tossed it in the trash. The trash can knocked over earlier and as i was picking it up i noticed a very faint positive line now on the test.  At first i thought, nah, it's been too long to be accurate *the directions always say not to check after certain hours etc*  yet when i looked it up online all the info is conflicting. Some info says no way, don't trust it and other info says it will never show a positive line if there's no preg hormones to make it react. 

Anyone have any experience with this???

Replies

• punky3175
    November 16, 2012 at 11:43 PM
    So....how did retest go?

Quoting Arroree:

Thanks everyone. I'm pretty sure it was likely an evap line but we'll find out soon enough *after hubs gets off work lol*  Strangely he's actually hoping it's positive, the guy who always swore he only wanted 2 kids, go figure.

• Arroree
    by Arroree
    November 17, 2012 at 12:55 AM

The retest came out negative and then my period finally started but i'm still having lovely preggo symptoms, so either i'm preg *i had a period the first 4 months of my last preg* or i'm having a false preg. Either way i'm just annoyed LOL.  My hormones have been all out of whack since i had my younger boy so i'm guessing it's just a false preg.

• Arroree
    by Arroree
    November 17, 2012 at 12:55 AM

You guys are hilarious with all the online preg test results LOL.

• Mommy_of_Riley
    Jes
    November 17, 2012 at 1:59 AM
    I wish you luck!

All 3 of my kids the lines popped up positive within 30 seconds. BAM! LOL!
  • NWP
    by NWP
    November 17, 2012 at 11:29 AM

Yes! And our kids will have beautiful flowing hair:)

Quoting punky3175:

HEY! I'm carrying his he's such a man whore!

*shrugs* I'd much rather share a baby daddy with you than some other people.

Quoting NWP:

Bahahahhaaaaa! Apparently, when I questioned Bill O'Reilly as my baby daddy, the truth came out...My 46 year old body is carrying Fabio's child. LOL

Quoting Woodbabe:

I never ever tested positive on a pee test with either pregnancy! 

*shify eyes*

Since it's CM I feel obligated to refer your pregnancy question to this expert site:

http://www.thepregnancytester.com/

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN