Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
FromAtoZ
Lets begin this now, shall we?
October 14, 2012 at 5:35 PM

Where you live, do you plan on running in to any issues this upcoming Holiday season when it comes to not being able to project your religion as you wish, as you feel you should be able to?

A friend, who owns about 4 acres, ran in to some hot water last year when he attempted to place a huge cross made of lights at the front of his property.  Many in town has several reasons for complaining.  Some did not appreciate how bright it was while others found it offensive.

What about kiddos in school?  Will your area hold a Christmas concert, play or otherwise?  

Replies

• Whaaaaaa....O.o
    October 14, 2012 at 5:37 PM
    No issues here. The school will have a "holiday" party.

But we don't really do much anyway.
  • andiemomo3
    October 14, 2012 at 5:41 PM

We've got it easy.  My kiddos are in a private Christian school that's pretty tame.  As controversial as we will get will be the few Christmas songs they sing at the school's Christmas party.  We knew what we doing when we put them in this school.  My office is a very liberal-minded small business that supports all holidays.  Again, I've got it easy.  My hubs owns his own business.  I don't really know what they do in the public schools around here.  Other than call it "Winter Break" instead of "Christmas Break".

• LauraKW
    by LauraKW
    October 14, 2012 at 5:43 PM
    Our neighborhood HOA puts up evergreen garland and red bows on the fence that runs along the front of the addition (or edition? I'm really hungover). Most neighbors put up Christmas decorations but mostly holidayish, not religious. The schools have winter parties. The churches, mosques, synagogues - everyone does their own thing or nothing. I love this area.
  • jillbailey26
    October 14, 2012 at 5:44 PM

We live in NE Atlanta and we haven't had any problems before, so I don't imagine we'll have any this year.

The school does "holiday" plays.  They encompass what everyone believes in.

• ms-superwoman
    October 14, 2012 at 5:45 PM

Nope, I have never had any problems. Not 100% sure about the school but I don't think they have any holiday related activities. 

• alliesaurus
    October 14, 2012 at 5:46 PM
    We don't do anything outrageous for the holidays and I'm not offended by he celebration of others holidays. Our school as a federal program doesn't recognize any holidays and religious events are held by churches not by the city or anything.
  • moneysaver6
    October 14, 2012 at 5:47 PM
    We're homeschoolers, live in one of the few neighborhoods in this area without an HOA and work at a Christian radio network.

I think we're good.
  • Veni.Vidi.Vici.
    October 14, 2012 at 5:54 PM

Our area is predominately christian. I love Christmas! Our schools and municipal building have holiday parties.

• Lizardannie1966
    October 14, 2012 at 6:25 PM

Youngest Dd is home-schooled so obviously no problems.

Where the older two work, they put up a Christmas tree, play Christmas music in the background during the holidays and have a giant wreath on the door.

No one has ever complained and has generally complimented the hospital staff because it's so pretty and tastefully done.

Youngest Dd would like us to put up a Nativity scene in our front yard this year. We might consider it. If the HOA has a problem, they'll have to deal with it.

• romalove
    October 14, 2012 at 6:38 PM

We will have no issues.

The schools are relatively religion free, so no Christmas anything, but we are so multi-religious here you'll see everything driving around, from lit up menorahs to big Christmas displays, sometimes both on the same house.  We have a masjid in town, a JW Kingdom Hall, a Mormon temple, three Jewish temples, a Catholic (huge parish) church, every denomination of Christian you can think of.....I don't think we have something for the Buddhists.

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN