Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
Elkamelka
3rd Party Vote
October 10, 2012 at 2:05 PM

I am wondering why people say voting 3rd party is a wasted vote.  Thoughts? 

Replies

• DestineyBGP
    October 16, 2012 at 5:20 PM

Reading some of these responses I have a feeling a few of you have no clue how Electoral College works :D 

• Elkamelka
    October 16, 2012 at 5:24 PM

Honestly and embarrssingly enough, I don't.  I'm sure I did at some point but I guess my brain filled up with other things!  Care to sum up?!

Quoting DestineyBGP:

Reading some of these responses I have a feeling a few of you have no clue how Electoral College works :D 

• mehamil1
    October 16, 2012 at 5:35 PM

I know how it works and it should be abolished. 

I'm writing in Roseanne Barr. Screw these assholes. 

Quoting DestineyBGP:

• eema.gray
    October 16, 2012 at 5:44 PM

Oh I understand how the College works.  However, I also have a fervent belief that the Electoral College system needs reforming.  I also think that if there is a grotesque enough difference between the popular vote and the Electoral College vote, we the people can force the issue of reform.

Quoting DestineyBGP:

• la_bella_vita
    October 16, 2012 at 6:00 PM

I don't see a third party vote as wasted. *shrug*

But the most common reason I here is it takes votes away from the Dem and repub.

• DestineyBGP
    October 16, 2012 at 7:20 PM

Sorry I was outside with the kiddos :) Ok I will try to sum it up :) So 538 votes come from the electoral college. It is divided among the states but votes are not equal among people. Some smaller states with less of a population are given more Electors, while some of the larger populations are given less. :D What does this mean? IT means some peoples votes count for more then others ... You know if you were really voting :) Which you're not ... What you didn't know that? Oh well when you vote you aren't really voting for the president you are just telling your state electors who you want them to vote for. electors can vote for who they want and can vote against what the people in their state have voted for "and they have :D"  :/ for about 4.4 million people in the US Territories votes don't count at all :/ and they don't have electors so I guess we are lucky to have some say :D  I tried to make it not so confusing but if someone has a better way to explain it please do! lol

• DestineyBGP
    October 16, 2012 at 7:24 PM

I re-posted for you but forgot to quote it lol opps!

Quoting Elkamelka:

Honestly and embarrssingly enough, I don't.  I'm sure I did at some point but I guess my brain filled up with other things!  Care to sum up?!

Quoting DestineyBGP:

• Elkamelka
    October 16, 2012 at 10:56 PM

I mostly followed this.  So how do we know what our states vote?  I live in a red state; I am blue!  So seriously, why do we vote?!

And thanks for explaining.  I feel stupid but am trying to be not so stupid!  I guess uneducated is nicer!! 

Quoting DestineyBGP:

Sorry I was outside with the kiddos :) Ok I will try to sum it up :) So 538 votes come from the electoral college. It is divided among the states but votes are not equal among people. Some smaller states with less of a population are given more Electors, while some of the larger populations are given less. :D What does this mean? IT means some peoples votes count for more then others ... You know if you were really voting :) Which you're not ... What you didn't know that? Oh well when you vote you aren't really voting for the president you are just telling your state electors who you want them to vote for. electors can vote for who they want and can vote against what the people in their state have voted for "and they have :D"  :/ for about 4.4 million people in the US Territories votes don't count at all :/ and they don't have electors so I guess we are lucky to have some say :D  I tried to make it not so confusing but if someone has a better way to explain it please do! lol

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN