Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
MomTiara19
A Mom For Medicaid....heres why..
October 10, 2012 at 7:34 AM

Hi,

I am not on medicaid.I am lucky enough to have blue cross blue shield medical insurance through my husbands job.

I do however have a young cousin who is 22 and disabled that I care for in my home.She too is also very lucky.She has help from medicaid to help with all her medical costs.She can be cared for properly and get her doctor visits and medicines that could never be afforded without it.

I also have a best friend who has a wonderful 8 year old son who happens to have autism.Without medicaid she would never be able to care for him as a single mom.

My question is what are your thoughts on medicaid and goverment health insurance.Are the moocher lazy stigmas a one size fits all when it comes to truelly needing government assistance?Do you think medicaid should be cut despite disability needs.....oh well tough luck...not my problem.If so what can moms like myself do as resources to care for children with special needs?

You see its not about a good debate.....its about life happens.

~A Mom For Obama

~Tia

Replies

• Lizardannie1966
    October 10, 2012 at 8:43 AM

BUMP!

• Lizardannie1966
    October 10, 2012 at 8:44 AM

Keeping this thread bumped. I have to leave in a bit to lab work done but want to come back to this thread later.

• Lizardannie1966
    October 10, 2012 at 12:30 PM

With the promise and the hope that Obamacare is alleged to be, perhaps they'll be less people needing Medicaid.

However, with the costs of health-care coverage as it stands now, for many families it can be unaffordable.

I personally feel if their income qualifies them and they have children/someone with an illness, etc., a family should be able to receive Medicaid.

• ambermario4ever
    October 10, 2012 at 12:33 PM
    I think all forms of public health insurance and pa need to be gotten rid of.
  • fullxbusymom
    October 10, 2012 at 12:34 PM
    Why?

Quoting ambermario4ever:

I think all forms of public health insurance and pa need to be gotten rid of.
  • fullxbusymom
    October 10, 2012 at 12:35 PM
    Nope it is in place to help the people that need it. My husband has a job that offers insurance we afford it for himself and I but can't for the kids so we have medicaid for them because of how expensive the insurance is.
  • crochetmom07
    October 10, 2012 at 12:38 PM

Both of my children have medicaid. Honestly, they have it because even though my husband makes a decent amount we would never be able to afford to get health insurance. I am a sahm. I would love to work, but being a 24 year old that has never had a job, most places wouldn't even think about hiring me and if I did get a job it would most likely be minimum wage and all I would be paying for his daycare and the gas to get to and from work. I am in school right now to try to better my chances at getting a job, but I won't be done for another 8 months.

As for the work opposite shifts that I know people will say, that can be very difficult as dh is in the national guard and if I were to be scheduled to work on one of his drill weekends or the two or more weeks that they have things that are mandatory, I would not have anyone to watch our children.

I am not proud that we need medicaid for our children, but we do and at least they have medical coverage in case something were to happen.

• ambermario4ever
    October 10, 2012 at 12:40 PM
    Quoting fullxbusymom:

Well for one if we got rid of it then prices for care would go down as well as the price for private insurance.

Second it is everyone responsibility to take care of themselves and their family on their own. In the old days if you could not afford it then you did not get it. There was no credit cards and no Ill pay you laters.
  • slashteddy
    October 10, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Quoting ambermario4ever:

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Well for one if we got rid of it then prices for care would go down as well as the price for private insurance.

Second it is everyone responsibility to take care of themselves and their family on their own. In the old days if you could not afford it then you did not get it. There was no credit cards and no Ill pay you laters.

Because everything was better in the "old days," right?

• fullxbusymom
    October 10, 2012 at 12:52 PM
    You #1 Welfare has been around since the great depression in 1935...right???

You also know that before it was established that if you couldn't afford food or medical care you DIED right???

Nope you are wrong Insurance is private and not going to drop even a dime if the gov't drops helping its citizens that are in need.

Also what do you purpose for the disabled that can not work?? Like my BIL who was walking down the St. minding his business and got hit by a drunk driver and lost his leg. He now can't work, so what should he do?? Not eat, go to all his dtrs appts or have a place to live??

What about the family that had it all and lost their job and now have no insurance or income??

What are your solutions to help these people??

Quoting slashteddy:

Quoting ambermario4ever:

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Because everything was better in the "old days," right?

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN