Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
aMarieT
so open minded, their brains fell out
by aMarieT
October 9, 2012 at 9:52 AM

found this in the news this morning. Makes me giggle that some people are so completely close minded and willing to throw insults because someone doesn't think the exact same way they do

TWITTER EXPLODES AFTER BLACK ACTRESS ENDORSES ROMNEY AS THE ‘ONLY CHOICE FOR YOUR FUTURE’

Twitter Responds to Actress Stacey Dashs Endorsement of Republican Mitt Romney

(Getty File Photo)

Actress Stacey Dash, who has starred in everything from the 90′s hit Clueless to CSI, prompted a firestorm on Twitter after publicly endorsing Republican nominee Mitt Romney, and then standing by her opinion.

“Vote for Romney. The only choice for your future. @mittromney @teamromney #mittromney #VOTE #voteromney,” Dash wrote on her official Twitter page, accompanied by a photo of herself with an American flag.

Not long after, presumed Obama supporters began insulting Dash for her opinion, saying she isn’t “black” enough, severaleven asking if the actress would just “kill herself.”

One man wrote: “This hurts but you a Romney lover and you slutting yourself to the white man only proves why no black man married u @REALStaceyDash.”

As news of Dash’s treatment spread, however, First Amendment-lovers nationwide began voicing their support for the actress using the hashtag#ISupportStaceyDash.

Twitchy captured some of the worst responses to Dash’s Romney endorsement (content warning):

(Photo: Twitter via Twitchy)

And here are a few more (content warning):

(Photo: Twitter via Twitchy)

But Dash was apparently undeterred by the cruel reaction, and sent a number of sarcastic responses to the worst offenders, wrote a tweet reminding that she is entitled to her own opinion, and– to top it off– re-tweeted a Romney campaign message.

“Women have had enough of @BarackObama’s disappointment. We need new leadership to get our economy growing again…” the re-tweeted message reads.

Here a few of the top #ISupportStaceyDash tweets:

(Photo: Twitter/#ISupportStaceyDash)

And a few more:

(Photo: Twitter/#ISupportStaceyDash)

One man summed it up as a choice between Republican Utah congressional nominee Mia Loveand Georgetown law student Sandra Fluke.

#ISupportStaceyDash regardless of whether she gets a phone call form #Obama or not,” another wrote, highlighting the stark contrast between how quickly Fluke was propped up after being called a “slut” for advocating taxpayer-funded birth control, and how quickly Republican Stacey Dash was dragged through the mud for failing to support Obama in 2012.

(H/T: Twitchy)

Replies

• ejsmom4604
    October 9, 2012 at 10:29 AM

She has her own mind, her own thoughts, her own opinions. Does anyone have to agree with them? No. Does she have the right to express them? Yes. So for that reason alone I would support her. As to whether I agree or disagree with whom she is supporting, well that is another story that I don't have an answer to. ;)

• rfurlongg
    October 9, 2012 at 10:31 AM
    The anonymity of the internet often brings out the worse in people. Speaks volumes about our culture.
  • mlg1989
    by mlg1989
    October 9, 2012 at 10:31 AM
    Of course... it was like this in 08, if your black and you didn't vote for Obama then you hated your people.
    I don't get it but people are fucking idiots.
  • lga1965
    by lga1965
    October 9, 2012 at 10:34 AM

SHe has a right to her opinion. People are so crude and filthy nowdays. This "Tweet" "Twitter" thing inspires the low life scummy people to spew their crazy thoughts. Its sick.

Yeah, her dress ......boobies trying to break free. I would be really nervous if I was wearing her dress. Oooops.

• batmansgirl
    October 9, 2012 at 3:19 PM
    If I had a body like her I would wear that dress. She has the right to her opinion.
  • ReginaStar
    October 9, 2012 at 3:46 PM

A person can hold whatever opinion they want and everyone else can hold whatever opinion of that person FOR their opinion/choice. 

• OHgirlinCA
    October 9, 2012 at 4:00 PM

This is an example of why I hate election years...

• gludwig2000
    October 9, 2012 at 4:11 PM

What a shame that she was attacked for giving her endorsement, and those who brought color into it should be even more ashamed!  Believing that she should vote for Obama because of the color of her skin is just as wrong as those who won't vote for him for the same reason.

• Aslen
    by Aslen
    October 9, 2012 at 4:13 PM
    Who?
  • MsDenuninani
    October 9, 2012 at 4:14 PM

Have to share this with my hubby.  I suspect it will knock her out of his Top 5 List.

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts