Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
happy2bmommy937
NickJr - Goes NickMom --- so inappropriate!
October 7, 2012 at 11:57 PM

My kids love to watch NickJr.  I think it's great programming - "it's like preschool on TV"

Tonight after the kids were in bed I discovered NickMom - Basically it was a "mom comedian"

In a short 90 seconds what I heard was HILARIOUS but not suitable for NickJr!!!!   I'm sorry but Boobs and Ass are not words I wish to hear on NickJr.

A few minutes later I thought I'd give it another shot - new comedian talking about her stripper name and giving lap dances.  I literally LOL'd 

But NOT appropriate for NickJr!!!!!  It aires from 10pm - 2am.  So it will not be seen by children, it's not meant to be seen by children.  But I just feel this was a poor choice by Nickeloden.  It makes me wonder what other poor choices they will be making.

How do you feel?

Replies

• Firenygirl180
    October 8, 2012 at 10:49 AM

Nickelodeon started making poor choices when all the good shows from the early to mid 90's were taken off the air.

• funmommy123
    October 8, 2012 at 10:51 AM
    It doesn't bother me, because by that time most kids would be in bed. They probably just wanted something for the moms who had to put up with all the annoying shows throughout the day lol.
  • Paigesmommy78
    October 8, 2012 at 10:55 AM

i do get where u r coming from but i also dont see and issue with it they r just trying to get their night time ratings up and it's on after most of their viewers should be asleep and off way b4 most woke up

• Collier3
    October 8, 2012 at 10:59 AM

My daughter is missing her night time programs. As she is up a few nights a week late so that she can spend time with her daddy after work. I do not know who thought this was a good idea, but I want her shows back.

• lga1965
    by lga1965
    October 8, 2012 at 11:02 AM

Quoting parentalrights1:

Doesn't sound any different than adult swim on cartoon network

Exactly! I just discovered "Family Guy" on adult swim! Its hilarious. But my kids would never ever be up past 8PM so I wouldn't have to worry about this.

Who would?

Nick and Toon network assume we are smart enough to keep kids from viewing adult programming.

• SimpleComSense
    October 8, 2012 at 11:16 AM

10pm-2am EST...that's 7pm in the Pacific time zone.  How do I know this?  Because last night, at about 7:05pm, I was in the kitchen making dinner for the adults when I heard adult laughter.  My grandson, who is almost 4yrs old and was having his "one hour before bed time" came in and said "Nana, I want to watch what boys watch.  It's not adult TV time yet!"  A couple of weeks ago, he had the flu and was sick and miserable at 2am.  I was able to put him in the recliner with his blanket, stuffy and pillow and take his mind off the "pukies" until he fell asleep by putting on NickJr.  I remember thinking..."Where was this when my kids were little?"  If I want comedy, I have channel 60 or On Demand...I don't need it on NickJr.

• FromAtoZ
    October 8, 2012 at 11:20 AM

Quoting SimpleComSense:

10pm-2am EST...that's 7pm in the Pacific time zone.  How do I know this?  Because last night, at about 7:05pm, I was in the kitchen making dinner for the adults when I heard adult laughter.  My grandson, who is almost 4yrs old and was having his "one hour before bed time" came in and said "Nana, I want to watch what boys watch.  It's not adult TV time yet!"  A couple of weeks ago, he had the flu and was sick and miserable at 2am.  I was able to put him in the recliner with his blanket, stuffy and pillow and take his mind off the "pukies" until he fell asleep by putting on NickJr.  I remember thinking..."Where was this when my kids were little?"  If I want comedy, I have channel 60 or On Demand...I don't need it on NickJr.

Are there not other shows he can watch, a DVD perhaps?

• illinoismommy83
    October 8, 2012 at 11:26 AM

Most every toddler is asleep from 10 pm - 2 am so I really don't see how it remotely matters what is on tv at that time.

If you don't like it then don't watch it. 

Nick has made plenty of "poor choices" over the years. Icarly's latest episode involved/implied that Gibby, while wearing no underwear, had his pants fall on live TV and flashed the tv viewers. That isn't something that a show aimed at the 8-15 audience should be discussing. 

We all have the job as parents to control what our children watch. If you don't agree with the middle of the night programming then just keep your kids away from it. You admit it was funny so don't ruin it for everyone else. It is being aired at an appropriate time.

• lga1965
    by lga1965
    October 8, 2012 at 11:27 AM

Yeah, its probably not a good idea for us to complain about TV .....if you don't like the programming, pop in a DVD for little kids. Or use the remote to turn it off.But , some of us like late night TV.

• illinoismommy83
    October 8, 2012 at 11:29 AM

If she is spending time with her dad, why is she watching tv?

Quoting Collier3:

My daughter is missing her night time programs. As she is up a few nights a week late so that she can spend time with her daddy after work. I do not know who thought this was a good idea, but I want her shows back.

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts