Featured Posts
_Kissy_
Bill Obstruction.
by _Kissy_
October 7, 2012 at 9:16 PM

Replies

• AdrianneHill
    October 7, 2012 at 9:45 PM
    Holy shit! Did you see the effects of an election year in 2010? Yow, talk about posturing for the camera. Blaming the president for stalling bills when they kill whatever he touches. Nice
  • AdrianneHill
    October 7, 2012 at 9:47 PM
    I think that qualifies as being "thwarted", yes?
  • grandmab125
    October 7, 2012 at 10:36 PM

Do you even understand what you are posting?  Or are you automatically jumping to the conclusion "it's all the republican's fault"?

• grandmab125
    October 7, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Quoting AdrianneHill:

Holy shit! Did you see the effects of an election years in 2010? Yow, talk about posturing for the camera. Blaming the president for stalling bills when they kill whatever he touches. Nice

Another ignorant answer from you.  Cloture is a process used in the Senate.....and last time I checked, the dems still have control.

• Sisteract
    October 8, 2012 at 12:26 AM

Most of us would be fired from our jobs if we produced so little "work."

Of course, obstruction was touted as the game by the Golden Congress of 2010.

• grandmab125
    October 8, 2012 at 12:57 AM

Quoting Sisteract:

Most of us would be fired from our jobs if we produced so little "work."

Of course, obstruction was touted as the game by the Golden Congress of 2010.

You just can't resist it, can you?  Congress has absolutely nothing to do with the use of cloture in the Senate, which has been controlled by the dems since 2006.

• Goodwoman614
    October 8, 2012 at 1:43 AM
    Quoting AdrianneHill:

Holy shit! Did you see the effects of an election years in 2010? Yow, talk about posturing for the camera. Blaming the president for stalling bills when they kill whatever he touches. Nice

• Goodwoman614
    October 8, 2012 at 1:43 AM
    Quoting AdrianneHill:

I think that qualifies as being "thwarted", yes?

• AdrianneHill
    October 8, 2012 at 9:12 AM
    Couple of things:

One: The Congress includes the house of reps and the senate.

Two: And you really didn't notice the massive jump in shutting down bills between Dubya and Obama? While democrats did have a small majority, they needed a sixty count to bypass the automatic shutdowns of bills that was attempted in every bill that had a democrat's DNA on the paperwork. That required every democrat voting for the bill every time and democrats don't do as well at total party obedience as the republicans do. So it isn't the way you are trying to make it appear. Dirty tricks through filibusters and cloture and the many other used to slow down or stop the process don't reflect the will of the people, but it does show the depths people are willing to plumb to make sure the country doesn't bounce back and give Obama any happy news for his presidency. That they are willing to destroy America for their hatred of one man. That is a disturbing and unamerican thing they are doing.

Quoting grandmab125:

Quoting AdrianneHill:

Another ignorant answer from you.  Cloture is a process used in the Senate.....and last time I checked, the dems still have control.

• rfurlongg
    October 8, 2012 at 9:15 AM
    That is why I do not think it matters who wins the presidential election. If congress does not turn over, little will change.

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts