Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
sweet-a-kins
Watch Mr. Rogers' defense of PBS – from 1969
October 7, 2012 at 11:13 AM

Watch Mr. Rogers' defense of PBS – from 1969

2 hrs ago

Since Romney's remark in the first presidential debate of 2012 that he would cut funding to PBS to limit America's financial dependency on China, this video of a young Mr. Rogers has resurfaced and gone viral. Mr. Rogers is seen here in 1969, defending PBS from Nixon's proposed cuts, explaining what makes his program ("Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood") valuable, and his concern for what American children are shown. At first nostalgic, then entrancing and finally deeply touching, we can't help but agree with the senate committee chairman when he says that the articulate defense has given him goosebumps. The ending is definitely worth waiting for.

Replies

• Arroree
    by Arroree
    October 7, 2012 at 11:38 AM

BUMP!

• lga1965
    by lga1965
    October 7, 2012 at 11:47 AM

I love Mr Rogers. My kids and now my grandkids watch PBS kids' shows,. As a family in the 70's and 80's, we watched many PBS shows together. There are so many excellent programs for adults on PBS also. Its about the only channel I trust .....we can watch hundreds of channels, newtwork and cable. but they are usually either shallow, airhead shows or violent or prejudiced or too suggestive for the whole family to view together.

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts