Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
Moniker
Went to Target today and saw these awful bumper stickers ...
by Moniker
October 7, 2012 at 12:05 AM

"Obama sucks" and right underneath it another that read," Michelle Blows". Off to the right a third that said " Have a great day, shoot an illegal"  

It really made me gasp. I don't think I've ever seen something so vulgar and hateful advertised on someone's vehicle. Then I went into the store and as I was passing babies on my way to children's clothing, two young ladies, who I would guess were in their early 20s, stopped me and asked, how many months is a one year old. No shit, I couldn't make this up. What is up with people? 

Replies

• futureshock
    October 7, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Wow, how sad.

• futureshock
    October 7, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Quoting grandmab125:

Quoting Moniker:

Yes, the part about the stickers being "on a vehicle" followed by " then I went into the store" should have been plain enough. 

Quoting Nighttiger:

I think she meant on a vehicle in the parking lot. At least, thats what I understood on the second read :)  If its in the store, Target has done a 180! :)

Quoting romalove:

Where the heck do you shop in a Target that stocks such things???  I have a Target five minutes from my house and there are no such items to be had there.

Of course it was plain enough.  But a lot of people on here only skim over a post, even the short ones, then jump in with stupid remarks.  By the way, what state do you live in?  I would say, off hand, that people get these things from anti-obama hate web sites.

As for the two young ladies who asked you how many months is a one year old....it's called high school drop out or the dumming down of education in the US schools.

I would guess elementary school drop out.

• futureshock
    October 7, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Quoting turtle68:

Bad taste bumper stickers....and stupid people are in abundance everywhere.  I would of said to the girls there are 23months in a year...24 in a leap year :-)

lol

• futureshock
    October 7, 2012 at 10:45 PM

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Clarify-- you saw these being SOLD at Target, or on a car in the parking lot?

She saw them on cars THEN went into the store.

Quote:

advertised on someone's vehicle. Then I went into the store

• grandmab125
    October 7, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Quoting futureshock:

Quoting grandmab125:

Quoting Moniker:

Yes, the part about the stickers being "on a vehicle" followed by " then I went into the store" should have been plain enough. 

Quoting Nighttiger:

I think she meant on a vehicle in the parking lot. At least, thats what I understood on the second read :)  If its in the store, Target has done a 180! :)

Quoting romalove:

Where the heck do you shop in a Target that stocks such things???  I have a Target five minutes from my house and there are no such items to be had there.

Of course it was plain enough.  But a lot of people on here only skim over a post, even the short ones, then jump in with stupid remarks.  By the way, what state do you live in?  I would say, off hand, that people get these things from anti-obama hate web sites.

As for the two young ladies who asked you how many months is a one year old....it's called high school drop out or the dumming down of education in the US schools.

I would guess elementary school drop out.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least.

• futureshock
    October 7, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Quoting incognito116:

Would you be as horrified if you saw a sticker like that about Palin, Romney or Bush?  Not.

Does this mean that because it was about Obama you were not horrified?

• Moniker
    by Moniker
    October 7, 2012 at 10:49 PM

See, I thought it was obvious too. I can't believe that has been the sticking point of the post. I would have thought it would have been that some yahoo advocates shooting people for fun but it goes to show, you never can tell with people.

Quoting futureshock:

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Clarify-- you saw these being SOLD at Target, or on a car in the parking lot?

She saw them on cars THEN went into the store.

Quote:

advertised on someone's vehicle. Then I went into the store

• StarburstKisses
    October 7, 2012 at 11:50 PM

I bet you 10 to 1 they did it to shock you.

• Karen2313
    October 8, 2012 at 11:35 AM

That is horrible. Why do people have to stoop so low. So classless.

• MeAndTommyLee
    October 8, 2012 at 12:00 PM

Well, it is their vehicle and they claim we still live in a free country. 

I don't like any bumper stickers, personally, because I think it defaces your own property. The ones you described were tacky and rude toward the president and his wife.  Just take it in stride and know that the owner of this vehicle would probably not make a good friend.

As far as the 20-something year old morons........proof to me that kids are getter dumber, not smarter because of all the distractions they have today via social networks, cell phones, video games, lack of parental involvement in their lives and education.  In short, too many things on their mind to pay attention in school.

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts