Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
Moniker
Went to Target today and saw these awful bumper stickers ...
by Moniker
October 7, 2012 at 12:05 AM

"Obama sucks" and right underneath it another that read," Michelle Blows". Off to the right a third that said " Have a great day, shoot an illegal"  

It really made me gasp. I don't think I've ever seen something so vulgar and hateful advertised on someone's vehicle. Then I went into the store and as I was passing babies on my way to children's clothing, two young ladies, who I would guess were in their early 20s, stopped me and asked, how many months is a one year old. No shit, I couldn't make this up. What is up with people? 

Replies

• glitterteaz
    October 7, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Nope I am not kidding I am surrounded by republicans and they drive the biggest trucks they can buy. Gas gass guzzlers. 

Quoting anxiousschk:

You're kidding right? 

I haven't seen any yet, but I know I saw the same type of thing but against McCain and Palin in the last election.  

Stupidity knows no party lines. 

Quoting glitterteaz:

that is a republican for ya

• jessilin0113
    October 7, 2012 at 2:26 AM
    This entire answer made me lol.

Quoting grandmab125:

Quoting Moniker:

Yes, the part about the stickers being "on a vehicle" followed by " then I went into the store" should have been plain enough. 

Quoting Nighttiger:

I think she meant on a vehicle in the parking lot. At least, thats what I understood on the second read :)  If its in the store, Target has done a 180! :)

Quoting romalove:

Where the heck do you shop in a Target that stocks such things???  I have a Target five minutes from my house and there are no such items to be had there.

Of course it was plain enough.  But a lot of people on here only skim over a post, even the short ones, then jump in with stupid remarks.  By the way, what state do you live in?  I would say, off hand, that people get these things from anti-obama hate web sites.

As for the two young ladies who asked you how many months is a one year old....it's called high school drop out or the dumming down of education in the US schools.

• nursemc
    by nursemc
    October 7, 2012 at 7:29 AM

I had a 19 yo high school graduate ask me who won the Civil War. You can't fix stupid, just try to ignore it if no one is getting hurt.

• sweet-a-kins
    October 7, 2012 at 7:31 AM
    A 1 year old can be 13 months, 14 months...all the way up to 23 months old

Quoting grandmab125:

Quoting Moniker:

Yes, the part about the stickers being "on a vehicle" followed by " then I went into the store" should have been plain enough. 

Quoting Nighttiger:

I think she meant on a vehicle in the parking lot. At least, thats what I understood on the second read :)  If its in the store, Target has done a 180! :)

Quoting romalove:

Where the heck do you shop in a Target that stocks such things???  I have a Target five minutes from my house and there are no such items to be had there.

Of course it was plain enough.  But a lot of people on here only skim over a post, even the short ones, then jump in with stupid remarks.  By the way, what state do you live in?  I would say, off hand, that people get these things from anti-obama hate web sites.

As for the two young ladies who asked you how many months is a one year old....it's called high school drop out or the dumming down of education in the US schools.

• sweet-a-kins
    October 7, 2012 at 7:32 AM
    Yup

Quoting glitterteaz:

that is a republican for ya

• MomTiara19
    October 7, 2012 at 7:38 AM

No worries they are probably secret Obama supporter wannabes:)

With a bumper like that they probably turned some votes Obama's way.

Vote for Obama if you have class....lol..

~Tia

• toomanypoodles
    October 7, 2012 at 7:40 AM

Clarify-- you saw these being SOLD at Target, or on a car in the parking lot?

• romalove
    October 7, 2012 at 7:42 AM
    Cars in the lot. I had two drinks last night at dinner and misread it lol.

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Clarify-- you saw these being SOLD at Target, or a car in the parking lot?

• toomanypoodles
    October 7, 2012 at 7:47 AM

Quoting romalove:

Cars in the lot. I had two drinks last night at dinner and misread it lol.

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Clarify-- you saw these being SOLD at Target, or a car in the parking lot?

All I've had is iced tea and water---I read it that way too. 

• Kaya529
    by Kaya529
    October 7, 2012 at 7:50 AM
    Lol to the 20 year olds.

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts