Kaya529
Obama is not the worst president ever.
by Kaya529
October 6, 2012 at 8:39 PM
Franklin Pierce, Woodrow Wilson, and Richard Nixon were all much worse presidents.

Replies

• JoshRachelsMAMA
    JRM
    October 7, 2012 at 10:59 AM

Quoting asfriend:

Nixon was better
  • Kaya529
    by Kaya529
    October 7, 2012 at 11:04 AM
    No, a couple of people got caught at a party with coke. At the time it was quite common. It in no way meant they did it.

The CIA agents were the one's doing acid.

Quoting asfriend:

But apparently they were all on acid, which actually would explain a few things.

Quoting DSamuels:

Are you kidding me? Carter was HORRIBLE!! Interest rates were in the teens, even for mortgages. Inflation was close to 10% or higher. You could only buy gas for your car on certain days of the week and there were lines blocks long at some stations.

Quoting Kaya529:

Carter is one of my favorite presidents.

He was a one term president because he had begun to legalize weed. Everything was going well until some of the people who worked for him got caught at a coke party. You have to remember the time period he was president in.
    Quoting PestPatti:

Hmm if Carter was so good, how come he was only a one termer..  Carter and Obama suck equally.  

Quoting lga1965:

yeah right.eye rollingI guess you don't read much. Nixon's background was full of dishonesty, starting with breaking into an Office at Duke to get his final exam scores. He was in Law school. That was just  the beginning of a long career in "dirty tricks".

Carter was a good man. So is Obama. He is trying to do his best but the Repubs won't let him and the Conservatives are making up lies about him.

I am ashamed of the "new Republicans" of today. I voted Republican in 1964--Goldwater---he was the best of the Republicans. But, Nixon and Ford made me join up with the Democrats. I haven't regretted it.

Quoting motherslove82:

Nixon was a good president with a very high approval rating, until he covered up watergate.

You forgot Carter.

Obama is still worse.

• Kaya529
    by Kaya529
    October 7, 2012 at 11:04 AM
    How?

Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:

Quoting asfriend:

Nixon was better
  • Kaya529
    by Kaya529
    October 7, 2012 at 11:11 AM
    I should have said one of the deciding factors. My fault for wording it wrong.
    I also said that members of his party got caught at a party with coke.

I will try to be more careful to watch how I word things. You kind of need to work on reading comprehension.

Quoting PestPatti:

Really you think the only reason he wasnt re elected was because of weed.   He was a lack luster President, and his "conserve" energy  State of the Union did nothing to help him.    The final straw might have been his bungling of the 52 American hostages..   Weed was not his only problem...   I smoked pot and still didn't vote for Carter in November 1980.

Quoting Kaya529:

He was a one term president because he had begun to legalize weed. Everything was going well until some of the people who worked for him got caught at a coke party. You have to remember the time period he was president in.
    Quoting PestPatti:

Hmm if Carter was so good, how come he was only a one termer..  Carter and Obama suck equally.  

Quoting lga1965:

yeah right.eye rollingI guess you don't read much. Nixon's background was full of dishonesty, starting with breaking into an Office at Duke to get his final exam scores. He was in Law school. That was just  the beginning of a long career in "dirty tricks".

Carter was a good man. So is Obama. He is trying to do his best but the Repubs won't let him and the Conservatives are making up lies about him.

I am ashamed of the "new Republicans" of today. I voted Republican in 1964--Goldwater---he was the best of the Republicans. But, Nixon and Ford made me join up with the Democrats. I haven't regretted it.

Quoting motherslove82:

Nixon was a good president with a very high approval rating, until he covered up watergate.

You forgot Carter.

Obama is still worse.

• asfriend
    October 7, 2012 at 12:56 PM
    Weird that someone that posted as a ridiculous post as yours would chastise someone else, but....

The election was held in 1980 - Reagan destroyed him, because he was horrible.
    If you read a book much later on, about papers that weren't public knowledge at the time, obviously those things had no affect on the election.

I was there the country couldn't wait to divest it's self of Carter, very much like now.

Quoting Kaya529:

I will try to be more careful to watch how I word things. You kind of need to work on reading comprehension.

Quoting PestPatti:

Really you think the only reason he wasnt re elected was because of weed.   He was a lack luster President, and his "conserve" energy  State of the Union did nothing to help him.    The final straw might have been his bungling of the 52 American hostages..   Weed was not his only problem...   I smoked pot and still didn't vote for Carter in November 1980.

Quoting Kaya529:

Quoting PestPatti:

Quoting lga1965:

Quoting motherslove82:

You forgot Carter.

Obama is still worse.

• Kaya529
    by Kaya529
    October 7, 2012 at 1:00 PM
    My ex MIL worked for Carter and would disagree with you.

Quoting asfriend:

Weird that someone that posted as a ridiculous post as yours would chastise someone else, but....

If you read a book much later on, about papers that weren't public knowledge at the time, obviously those things had no affect on the election.

I was there the country couldn't wait to divest it's self of Carter, very much like now.

Quoting Kaya529:

Quoting PestPatti:

Quoting Kaya529:

Quoting PestPatti:

Quoting lga1965:

Quoting motherslove82:

You forgot Carter.

Obama is still worse.

• lga1965
    by lga1965
    October 7, 2012 at 1:16 PM

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/ronald-reagan-and-the-iran-hostage-crisis/

In his AIPAC speech yesterday, Mitt Romney declared, “I believe the right course is what Ronald Reagan called peace through strength. There’s a reason why the Iranians released the hostages on the same day and at the same hour that Reagan was sworn in. As president, I’ll offer that kind of clarity, strength and resolve.”

The PolitiFact gang rates this as a Pants on Fire untruth. Interviewing several historians, the find that the Iranian government decided to make a deal with the outgoing Carter administration for reasons having little or nothing to do with Reagan. Knowing what I know about international politics, that strikes me as not only plausible but likely.

Then again, PolitiFact quotes Stephen Kinzer, a former New York Times reporter who now teaches at Boston University and authored the book, Reset: Iran, Turkey, and America’s Future: ”My guess is that the hostages would have been released even if someone else had been inaugurated — anyone but Carter. The Iranians had come to hate Carter and didn’t want to give him a triumph. Giving it to someone else was fine with them.” That, too, seems not only plausible but matches my contemporaneous recollection. (Granted, I was 15 at the time. But the Iran Hostage Crisis and the Election of 1980 were seminal events in my political awakening.)

http://mountainsageblog.com/2010/05/07/ronald-reagan-interfered-with-president-carters-iran-hostage-negotiations/

The revelation further suggests that the congressional investigation was shoddy and incomplete, thus reopening the question of whether Reagan’s landslide victory in 1980 was, in part, set in motion by a dirty trick that extended the 444-day captivity of the hostages who were freed immediately after Reagan was sworn into office on Jan. 20, 1981.

The coincidence between Reagan’s inauguration and the hostage release was curious to some but served mostly to establish in the minds of Americans that Reagan was a tough leader who instilled fear in U.S. adversaries. However, if the timing actually resulted from a clandestine arms-for-hostage deal, it would mean that Reagan’s presidency began with an act of deception, as well as an act of treachery.

The Russian report also implicates other prominent Republicans in the Iranian contacts, including the late William Casey (who was Reagan’s campaign director in 1980), George H.W. Bush (who was Reagan’s vice presidential running mate), and Robert Gates (who in 1980 had been a CIA officer on the National Security Council before becoming executive assistant to Carter’s CIA Director Stansfield Turner).

http://www.trutv.com/conspiracy/government-lies/october-surprise/hostages-to-election.html

The official word from the Reagan White House was that the timing was coincidental. But there is strong evidence that candidate Reagan sent secret emissaries to Iran to negotiate a deal whereby the hostages would be kept in Iranian hands through the electionensuring Carters defeatand released only after Reagans inaugurationguaranteeing�a triumphant debut of his presidency

It seems that Reagan, Casey, others were able to manipulate the release of the hostages to make Carter look bad and make Reagan look good. More Republican "dirty tricks". I have a friend who worked in the Carter administration and she knows ....

Quoting PestPatti:

Quoting Kaya529:

Quoting PestPatti:

Quoting lga1965:

Quoting motherslove82:

You forgot Carter.

Obama is still worse.

• asfriend
    October 7, 2012 at 1:26 PM
    Since she would have been part of the problem then, I give the post even less credibility than I originally thought which was zero.

Quoting Kaya529:

My ex MIL worked for Carter and would disagree with you.

Quoting asfriend:

Quoting Kaya529:

Quoting PestPatti:

Quoting Kaya529:

Quoting PestPatti:

Quoting lga1965:

Quoting motherslove82:

You forgot Carter.

Obama is still worse.

• hopealways4019
    October 7, 2012 at 1:28 PM
    Was these people who think obama is a shitty president, asleep when bush was causing chaos for 8 yrs? Obama presidency is less chaotic. Just because dont agree, with obama policy dont make him a bad president.
  • hopealways4019
    October 7, 2012 at 1:28 PM
    Was these people who think obama is a shitty president, asleep when bush was causing chaos for 8 yrs? Obama presidency is less chaotic. Just because dont agree, with obama policy dont make him a bad president.