Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
Kaya529
Obama is not the worst president ever.
by Kaya529
October 6, 2012 at 8:39 PM
Franklin Pierce, Woodrow Wilson, and Richard Nixon were all much worse presidents.

Replies

• Bookwormy
    October 7, 2012 at 11:27 PM
    I don't think O was the best Dem for the job. I never did. But I don't think that he has actively harmed the US. If we don't like where the US is right now, I honestly believe, we have Bush to thank for it. And if McCain had won, I believe we'd be much worse off. So did the majority of US citizens at the time, or O wouldn't be prez.

Here's the scoop: no one could fix this mess in 4 years. But, Bush & his Reps got us into it & they certainly couldn't get us out. Now the citizenry wanted a quick fix. No such thing as a quick fix. So if we elect R, he is only going to make it worse again. He can run big business to make the very rich even richer & to put the little guy out of business. Is that what you want the US run like? Not me!

Bush was a far worse prez than O; both Bushes! We haven't had a decent economic prez since Clinton. Shame he was morally bankrupt & had sex with an intern. Still, he did great things economically for this country. Economically it has been ruined since he left office. That's a shame.
  • lga1965
    by lga1965
    October 7, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Yup--this pretty much says it all.

And I really didn't care that Clinton had an affair with Monica. The Media didn't have to publicize it but people have no respect for privacy , people and the Media have turned sleazy . We never heard about JFK's many girlfriends...that came out much later, years after he died. Its tacky to gossip about a President's personal life. Clinton was a good President--that's all we need to know.

Quoting Bookwormy:

I don't think O was the best Dem for the job. I never did. But I don't think that he has actively harmed the US. If we don't like where the US is right now, I honestly believe, we have Bush to thank for it. And if McCain had won, I believe we'd be much worse off. So did the majority of US citizens at the time, or O wouldn't be prez.

Here's the scoop: no one could fix this mess in 4 years. But, Bush & his Reps got us into it & they certainly couldn't get us out. Now the citizenry wanted a quick fix. No such thing as a quick fix. So if we elect R, he is only going to make it worse again. He can run big business to make the very rich even richer & to put the little guy out of business. Is that what you want the US run like? Not me!

Bush was a far worse prez than O; both Bushes! We haven't had a decent economic prez since Clinton. Shame he was morally bankrupt & had sex with an intern. Still, he did great things economically for this country. Economically it has been ruined since he left office. That's a shame.

• Bookwormy
    October 7, 2012 at 11:54 PM
    I don't care about affairs with equals. I care, as a feminist, about sexual harrassment. If I have sex with my imtern, even if she never complains, its unethical & sexual harrassment. Think about the power dynamic between the prez & his intern. I had a problem with that.

Quoting lga1965:

And I really didn't care that Clinton had an affair with Monica. The Media didn't have to publicize it but people have no respect for privacy , people and the Media have turned sleazy . We never heard about JFK's many girlfriends...that came out much later, years after he died. Its tacky to gossip about a President's personal life. Clinton was a good President--that's all we need to know.

Quoting Bookwormy:

• Naturewoman4
    October 8, 2012 at 11:58 AM

It came from San Diego Union Tribune, the local newspaper there.  I don't know how to get the link to work here, but here's the link:

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/jul/22/presidental-busts/

**oh & btw it's funny to me to hear someone say I made this up.  Because there's no reason to, because it's true & MANY people know this is true.  I do 'EXTENSION research on ALL that I post**  :)

Quoting lga1965:

I don't know what U-T San Diego is but I would appreciate a LINK to their statistics.If this is a college and this is a student survey....then,who cares?Or did you make this up?

Quoting Naturewoman4:

U-T San Diego:  Top 5 Worse Presidents are:

1.  Barack Obama - 2009-

2.  Jimmy Carter - 77-81 (runner-up)

3.  James Buchanan - 1857-1861

4.  Nixon - 69-74

5.  Andrew Johnson - 1865-1869

In our lifetime it has been:  Obama, Carter & Nixon

• Naturewoman4
    October 8, 2012 at 12:02 PM

I will agree with you here Iga.  I voted for Clinton 2 times & I believe he was a very good President.  (I'm a nonpartisan).  I don't care about a person's 'personal life', I just care how well he does in running our Country.  But, we have to keep it fair.  IF we are not going to care about ANY Dems. personal life, we need to do the same for Reps.  That goes for anyone that is running for office. 

Quoting lga1965:

Quoting Bookwormy:

• lga1965
    by lga1965
    October 8, 2012 at 12:08 PM

thanks for the link.

Quoting Naturewoman4:

It came from San Diego Union Tribune, the local newspaper there.  I don't know how to get the link to work here, but here's the link:

**oh & btw it's funny to me to hear someone say I made this up.  Because there's no reason to, because it's true & MANY people know this is true.  I do 'EXTENSION research on ALL that I post**  :)

Quoting lga1965:

I don't know what U-T San Diego is but I would appreciate a LINK to their statistics.If this is a college and this is a student survey....then,who cares?Or did you make this up?

Quoting Naturewoman4:

1.  Barack Obama - 2009-

4.  Nixon - 69-74

• Naturewoman4
    October 8, 2012 at 1:05 PM

You're welcome Iga.  :)  Maybe, being on the list as the worse President isn't all of Obama's fault.  Because, of what he walked into.  I will admit that.  You know I don't like Obama.  But, I do TRY to be fair.  It's hard when one is being attacked by SO many & I'm in the minority here.  I believe there are far more Liberals here, then Conservatives.  I just don't trust Obama.  I also, don't believe Obama knows what to do.  I believe when he first took office, he didn't focus on the Economy & Jobs, like he should of.  That should of been No. 1 priority.  So, WHY he didn't do that, I have NO idea.

He instead put everything into Obamacare.  When the majority of Americans didn't want it.  He PROMISED that our Healthcare premiums will go down Iga.  But, it WENT UP.  It still is going up.  HE took 716B out of Medicare Iga.  My husband will be there soon, I will follow in 4 yrs. after him.  So, how can WE as Seniors be happy with Obama & NOT scared about our Medicare or even Soc. Sec. under Obama?  Many Drs. are turning away Seniors.  Many Small Businesses & other Corps. are saying they can't hire & are worried about folding, because of Obamacare.  So, that's why I can't vote for him.  Romney has the Senior vote, because of all this Iga. 

Quoting lga1965:

thanks for the link.

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Quoting lga1965:

Quoting Naturewoman4:

1.  Barack Obama - 2009-

4.  Nixon - 69-74

• meriana
    by meriana
    October 8, 2012 at 2:20 PM

Well my Dh and I are seniors and Romney does NOT have our votes for many reasons.

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts