Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
futureshock
Are there men who would not marry a woman who was a stripper or who had been a stripper?
October 6, 2012 at 8:12 PM

I am watching the Real Housewives of New Jersey and this issue came up.  So what do you think?

Are there men who would not marry a woman who was a stripper or who had been a stripper?  If there are such men, what would their reasons be?

Replies

• Clairwil
    October 7, 2012 at 8:13 AM
    Quoting futureshock:

Are there men who would not marry a woman who was a stripper or who had been a stripper?

Yes.

A lot of men have a pre-conceived idea of what sort of 'girl' would make a good wife, that in many ways is based off their own childhood view of their own mother.

• cjsbmom
    by cjsbmom
    October 7, 2012 at 8:13 AM

Yes, there are. Some men are prudish, believe it or not, and they wouldn't want to marry a woman that half the community (or more) had seen naked at one time. And I can understand that. If the roles were reversed, and you married a man who used to be a male stripper, would you be uncomfortable having people stare at him as you walk down the street together, possibly because they'd seen him naked? I wouldn't always want people ogling my DH in that way. It would be....weird.

• AdellesMom
    October 7, 2012 at 8:52 AM
    Yes, there are. My husband is one of them.

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts