Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
futureshock
Are there men who would not marry a woman who was a stripper or who had been a stripper?
October 6, 2012 at 8:12 PM

I am watching the Real Housewives of New Jersey and this issue came up.  So what do you think?

Are there men who would not marry a woman who was a stripper or who had been a stripper?  If there are such men, what would their reasons be?

Replies

• Clairwil
    October 7, 2012 at 8:13 AM
    Quoting futureshock:

Are there men who would not marry a woman who was a stripper or who had been a stripper?

Yes.

A lot of men have a pre-conceived idea of what sort of 'girl' would make a good wife, that in many ways is based off their own childhood view of their own mother.

• cjsbmom
    by cjsbmom
    October 7, 2012 at 8:13 AM

Yes, there are. Some men are prudish, believe it or not, and they wouldn't want to marry a woman that half the community (or more) had seen naked at one time. And I can understand that. If the roles were reversed, and you married a man who used to be a male stripper, would you be uncomfortable having people stare at him as you walk down the street together, possibly because they'd seen him naked? I wouldn't always want people ogling my DH in that way. It would be....weird.

• AdellesMom
    October 7, 2012 at 8:52 AM
    Yes, there are. My husband is one of them.

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN