Current Events & Hot Topics

Featured Posts
radioheid
"They Are A Bunch Of Hillbillies That Drive Pick-Up Trucks"
October 6, 2012 at 1:21 PM

I overheard someone saying this in reference to Republicans at a soccer game today. So, I'm curious... How many of you Republicans out there drive or have a husband who drives a pick-up truck? Let's see how accurate this stereotype is.

I am a registered Republican, and this is my daily driver:

LOL

As you all well know, I consider myself more of a Libertarian than a Republican, but when a Libertarian isn't available on the ballot, I vote Republican probably 80% of the time, with the other 20% going to conservative Democrats and Indies.

This is for fun, ladies. I'm just curious as to how accurate this stereotype is.

Replies

• Peanutx3
    October 6, 2012 at 1:25 PM

Well my husband was a republican and he drove a Dodge Ram.

• Due9
    by Due9
    October 6, 2012 at 1:26 PM

No pick up trucks here. And there never will be.

• Lizardannie1966
    October 6, 2012 at 1:26 PM

Republicans, both Pa and I are. The Mister is the only driver (I'm disabled from a coon shooting accident) and drives a Chevy Silveraldo pick-up. No pics. Our camera done got ruined when our son Jethro blew it up using it as target practice.

• radioheid
    October 6, 2012 at 1:28 PM

So far it appears about 75% accurate. lol

• Stephanie329
    October 6, 2012 at 1:30 PM
    Do you mind if democrats answer? We have a pick-up truck. I don't think the car you drive defines what party you align with (not saying you think this OP) - unless it's plastered with Romney bumper stickers:)

I seriously saw very recently a Mcain/Palin bumper sticker.
  • Kylie819
    October 6, 2012 at 1:31 PM
    We are Republicans...we have an SUV and a minivan :)
  • romalove

I'm a registered Republican and so is my husband.

I drive a Ford Freestar Minivan.

My husband drives a Pontiac Vibe (bright red with leather interior)

Make of that what you will.  LOL

• radioheid

I have a Gary Johnson 2012 "We The People Are PISSED" bumper sticker on my truck. lol

Quoting Stephanie329:

Do you mind if democrats answer? We have a pick-up truck. I don't think the car you drive defines what party you align with (not saying you think this OP) - unless it's plastered with Romney bumper stickers:)

I seriously saw very recently a Mcain/Palin bumper sticker.

• lga1965
    by lga1965
    October 6, 2012 at 1:32 PM

wink

Quoting Lizardannie1966:

Republicans, both Pa and I are. The Mister is the only driver (I'm disabled from a coon shooting accident) and drives a Chevy Silveraldo pick-up. No pics. Our camera done got ruined when our son Jethro blew it up using it as target practice.

• radioheid
    October 6, 2012 at 1:34 PM

I also own a Pontiac Sunfire GT, but my husband drives it. He's a registered Republican who prefers to vote for Libertarians, Indies and *gasp* Greens. lol Then again, he only registered Republican so he could vote for Ron Paul in the primary this spring. 

Quoting romalove:

I'm a registered Republican and so is my husband.

I drive a Ford Freestar Minivan.

My husband drives a Pontiac Vibe (bright red with leather interior)

Make of that what you will.  LOL

Current Events & Hot Topics

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN